Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transvision Vamp

And I'd much rather do that than meet Wendy James, she sounds like an absolute nightmare these days.
I used to drink occasionally in The Earl Of Lonsdale in Ladbroke Grove in the late 80's. Certainly new how to make the most of her good looks but who could blame her? Never really chatted to her much but she seemed friendly enough even if she was one of the local celebs.

When I6/17 we used to always try and blah our way backstage...

...at the Buckley Tivoli.

Most times it was pretty dull tbh.

The Boo Radleys were a nice bunch though and remembered us well enough to say hello on future meetings.

Carnival Art drew a pretty paltry crowd so brought their crates of beer out on to the stage and just handed them out and chatted with the audience post-gig which was pretty cool of them.
That used to be one of my regular gig venues. Saw Ozzy there when he did a club tour.

Been the 'Tiv many times. Considering it is off the beaten track it has hosted many many bands worth watching
Lost count of the bands I’ve seen there. Motörhead were amazing. I’m from the Wirral so close-ish (if we could get a lift).

In case anyone missed this last week:

Enjoyed that, but this is sad:
Nick wrote Baby I Don’t Care about my best friend who he was rather taken with. I think it was his way of telling her that she didn’t have to love him in return because he loved her anyway. Verse two – “You can tell me all your stories but spare me the plays” – is a reference to her aspirations to be an actor. Some years later, she took her life: the song is particularly moving now.
And a neat producer trick:
My approach was basically to record the outline of the song and then let them play live over it. We programmed the bass drum and the snare, then played them through loudspeakers and told the drummer to play everything else but those drums. So he could let fly without having to do the hard work of keeping time. It was one of several tricks I did with them.

Back
Top Bottom