Transvision Vamp

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by belboid, Oct 18, 2005.

1. billy_bob

billy_bob contents may have settled during transit

I know - I can't decide whether to hate and scorn her because she used to be just a pretty face, or to hate and scorn her because her face isn't that pretty anymore.

Shirl likes this.
  2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

In fairness, he didn't say anything about the Wendy James looks personally, just lambasted the image of her/the band which is fair game. Then posted up a then and now photo of her. Though I'm not really sure what it contributed to the thread either.

3. Badgers

Badgers Mr Big Shrimp!

I may have watched it more than once :)

4. miniGMgoit

miniGMgoit OverWeightUnderAchiever

I've got a vision of you, all sweaty and grunting, wanking on to a picture of Wendy James and it's ugly man, plain ugly :D

5. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

:eek:

I can't decide if you were serious or not when you posted that.

6. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I took it for sarcasm at some of the comments, not serious :)

7. billy_bob

billy_bob contents may have settled during transit

Oh please. Do we have to have "THIS IS WHAT I'M THINKING" smileys plastered all over everything?

:mad::confused:;):p
    :D

8. Amazonian Woman

Amazonian Woman New Member

Dear Drybaby,

You do know that you were voted 'THE ABSOLUTE GENUINE OUTRIGHT WINNER OF THE MOST CONFUSED, FRUSTRATED and RIDICULED LOSER 2011 AWARD', don't you ?

Just GOOGLE 'DRYBABY sociopath drops his pants for attention' Read the Amazon reviews of Wendy James's terrific 'I came here to blow minds' cd. Then read some or all of the public comments about Drybaby. Amazon, the place to go for a giggle at the loser known as Drybaby!!!!
    THE MADDEST THING YOU,VE EVER READ FOR SURE.

9. Libertad

Libertad Would it help?

10. editor

editor hiraethified

Beef!

11. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

12. Buddy Bradley

Buddy Bradley Pantheistic solipsist

I still listen to Velveteen occasionally.

13. S☼I

S☼I walk the water like a sun

This thread's first couple of pages are quite an unpleasant read.
    I liked "Landslide of love" but not much else. Of that kind of thing I much preferred Fuzzbox :D

14. editor

editor hiraethified

15. Pickman's model

Pickman's model every man and every woman is a star

16. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

17. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

editor likes this.
  18. chilango

chilango Neither Westminster nor Brussels....

I had a few of their singles.

But in contrast I still listen to The Primitives and The Darling Buds occasionally.

I haven't listened to TV since.

19. editor

editor hiraethified

It was quite a shock seeing her in that photo - I don't think I've seen a picture of her since the T Vamp days and I'm not sure I'd even recognise her as the same person (that's not to say that she hasn't aged gracefully - it's more about a reminder that I'm getting bloody old and my own mortality!)

[​IMG]

skyscraper101 likes this.
  20. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

21. editor

editor hiraethified

I'd be happy to invite people backstage with The Monochrome Set for a single Jager shot.

spitfire and AverageJoe like this.
  22. ATOMIC SUPLEX

And I'd much rather do that than meet Wendy James, she sounds like an absolute nightmare these days.

editor likes this.
  23. ATOMIC SUPLEX

I like the first lazy singles still, and last album they did (only a couple of years ago) was some of the best stuff they have ever done.

chilango likes this.
  24. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

ah ha ha haa

25. chilango

When I6/17 we used to always try and blah our way backstage...

...at the Buckley Tivoli.

Most times it was pretty dull tbh.

The Boo Radleys were a nice bunch though and remembered us well enough to say hello on future meetings.

Carnival Art drew a pretty paltry crowd so brought their crates of beer out on to the stage and just handed them out and chatted with the audience post-gig which was pretty cool of them.

26. editor

editor hiraethified

What's she been doing? I know she used to have a right diva reputation in the past, but I can't imagine there's an awful lot of interest in her now.

27. rutabowa

rutabowa LOSE IT

DONT MENTION WENDY JAMES!

there is no wendy james story

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  28. chilango

Does the thread need to be moved to knobbing & sobbing? :hmm:

rutabowa likes this.
  29. ATOMIC SUPLEX

Well yeah, I thought I should just leave it. Not really my place.

. . But yeah there is a pretty well documented story of her shooting herself in the foot. Apparently she had a whole unreleased solo album while under the wing of Elvis Costello after leaving TV.

She had a pretty good voice back at the beginning. I liked the original almost sigue sigue sputnik look of their early shoots. I remember while working in at ivel in Westbury as a teen I saw a tiny pic promoting their first single in RM and said they would be huge based on her looks alone (I had not heard them, it was just a two cm pic of James holding a space gun). I also correctly predicted that day that marathon bars would become snickers.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  30. editor

editor hiraethified

Yeah, her and the band looked great when they started out. I liked the whole pop/punk/glam crossover thing.