Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Reform UK Party (latest nigel farage vehicle) is it to be laughed at or not

bimble

floofy
did a search, couldn't find a thread, i'm sure there is one but search is weird.
Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 17.45.38.png

So Nige, having tried selling patriotic gin and phoning your mum for money, has now announced very loudly that the Reform Party intends to stand a candidate in every parish in the land at the next GE, to stop the immigrants and save brexit from those who are plotting against her.

Will there be make britain great again hats? probably.
But will people actually vote for them in significant numbers?

Seems possible to me, can imagine the fury about the fact that immigration numbers are now at record highs after we 'took back control'.
But i don't know. Who would fund them this time, not aaron banks.
I think this will do for the tories, but what if they get actual big numbers.

Tbf , I don't think this will do for the Tories , a general we've had enough , a natural end , the Tories are in the same position as they were in 1964 & 1997 , (and Labour were in 2010) politically spent, even the Tories think they're going to lose the next election. Reform will not benefit at all.

Tbf , I don't think this will do for the Tories , a general we've had enough , a natural end , the Tories are in the same position as they were in 1964 & 1997 , (and Labour were in 2010) politically spent, even the Tories think they're going to lose the next election. Reform will not benefit at all.
Tbh in 1964 and 1997 the Tory party had some credible and indeed able politicians. I don't think you can say that of them now

did a search, couldn't find a thread, i'm sure there is one but search is weird.
View attachment 352708

So Nige, having tried selling patriotic gin and phoning your mum for money, has now announced very loudly that the Reform Party intends to stand a candidate in every parish in the land at the next GE, to stop the immigrants and save brexit from those who are plotting against her.

Will there be make britain great again hats? probably.
But will people actually vote for them in significant numbers?

Seems possible to me, can imagine the fury about the fact that immigration numbers are now at record highs after we 'took back control'.
But i don't know. Who would fund them this time, not aaron banks.
I think this will do for the tories, but what if they get actual big numbers.
They won't get actual big numbers save in the size of their lost deposits

why do you think that? I mean you're probably right but show yr workings.
Even at its most popular ukip got fuck all in parliamentary elections, they only did well in the euros. Farage has polled so poorly in a variety of parliamentary elections that I don't see him doing well, and he's likely to fare better than the other ~649 candidates he promises to stand

why do you think that? I mean you're probably right but show yr workings.

I don't think they'll do well because the current Tory party is slap bang in the middle of their turf. I wouldn't back Farage in a mouth foaming contest against Suella Braverman tbh. So what's their market now? The subset of those loons who can't deal with Rishi Sunak's ethnic background I reckon.

Farage's power doesn't come from how many votes his party will get, but from Tory MPs being terrified of him standing a candidate in their constituencies. Enough of them will sing whatever tune he asks in return for him taking the threat away.

No not at all . Portugal beat them in their first game .
ok. I have no idea how football works, thought they were out now, until the next world cup, and i don't trust you and can't be arsed to google about football so the mystery remains.

Farage's power doesn't come from how many votes his party will get, but from Tory MPs being terrified of him standing a candidate in their constituencies. Enough of them will sing whatever tune he asks in return for him taking the threat away.
Exactly, the main impact will likely be the tories trying even harder to be a simulacrum of whatever Farage is pushing that they feel threatens them, to get his natural audience to vote for them, as we have seen for the last many years.

ok. I have no idea how football works, thought they were out now, until the next world cup, and i don't trust you and can't be arsed to google about football so i still don't know.

Exactly, the main impact will likely be the tories trying even harder to be a simulacrum of whatever Farage is pushing that threatens them, as we have seen them do for the last many years.
Surely farage is now to the left of the tories

ok. I have no idea how football works, thought they were out now, until the next world cup, and i don't trust you and can't be arsed to google about football so the mystery remains.

Exactly, the main impact will likely be the tories trying even harder to be a simulacrum of whatever Farage is pushing that they feel threatens them, to get his natural audience to vote for them, as we have seen for the last many years.
☹️☹️☹️

Back
Top Bottom