Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Is the Tory Era Over? Farage Predicts Massive Shift to Reform

Politiking

Nigel Farage predicts a drastic political shift, with Reform UK poised to snatch nearly all of the Conservative vote in the next general election. 🗳️ Following significant performances in the local elections, Farage sees Reform evolving into the main rival against Labour. "The argument that a vote for Reform is a wasted vote has almost disappeared," says Farage. As the Tories reel from recent losses, the momentum builds for Reform.

Ed: spammy link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel Farage predicts a drastic political shift, with Reform UK poised to snatch nearly all of the Conservative vote in the next general election. 🗳️ Following significant performances in the local elections, Farage sees Reform evolving into the main rival against Labour. "The argument that a vote for Reform is a wasted vote has almost disappeared," says Farage. As the Tories reel from recent losses, the momentum builds for Reform.

(cough) - grand total of .... two council seats.

Loathe as I am to say it, the Führage is probably correct (broadly) in that if you are are Mr or Mrs Suburban looking for a centrist dad bank manager government, you ain't going to be voting Tory anytime in the next decade because the Tories have wedded themselves to gloriously incompetent chaos.

Economically they are my kids with a credit card, and politically they are Reform with more sex cases.

Personally I think Reform as a vehicle will simply flow into the Tories, with Reform and it's weirdos taking over the party machine (to the extent that it's voters haven't done so already), and Falange almost certainly becoming leader for the 2030 GE with a supporting cast of Truss, Braverman etc...

My people, centrist dad Tories/ex-tories, aren't going to vote for that type of stuff - think the post -97 Tory vote collapse, but on steroids.

Loathe as I am to say it, the Führage is probably correct (broadly) in that if you are are Mr or Mrs Suburban looking for a centrist dad bank manager government, you ain't going to be voting Tory anytime in the next decade because the Tories have wedded themselves to gloriously incompetent chaos.

Economically they are my kids with a credit card, and politically they are Reform with more sex cases.

Personally I think Reform as a vehicle will simply flow into the Tories, with Reform and it's weirdos taking over the party machine (to the extent that it's voters haven't done so already), and Falange almost certainly becoming leader for the 2030 GE with a supporting cast of Truss, Braverman etc...

My people, centrist dad Tories/ex-tories, aren't going to vote for that type of stuff - think the post -97 Tory vote collapse, but on steroids.

yeah - post election defeat it seems the tories will elect a loon and complete the process of morphing into UKIP/ReFuk/BreFuk/Farageland. What farage plans to do come the election may be interesting - I think if he felt he was likely to win somewhere he could end up in parliament and then entering the tory party (like some sort of intestinal parasite) . Not sure that is on the cards though. Whilst i dont think its remotely good that a trumpy populist right wing party can poll 15% of voters (even if it does knack the vermin in the process) the demogrpahic who support them is so narrow (over 50, white and angry) it makes it very hard for them win a single seat.
And in the GE - will they stand aside for farage endorsed tories like they did before? Or will farage judge this the right time to knife them?

There is a case to say that the Tories are done for the forseeable, a big part of which is that their electoral base is dying off and not reproducing itself, due to systemic economic decline not creating enough wealthy right wing leaning home owners. The economic outlook for the future suggests more of that, not less. The other big factor is that their entire ideological economic philosophy is utterly fucked, and again, no amount of american dream, work-hard-and-earn-it talk will change the reality of growing inequality and falling living standards.

So yeah pretty fucked, and a culture war challenge from their loony right via Reform doesnt help them. ha ha.

Good news so far, but its worth remembering how well Boris Johnson has done - he won elections, got brexit done, and even won the London mayoral elections, which is some feat for a tory. The point being that if the right leader came along they could yet achieve something. Cant see anyone in the current crop but like stubborn weeds one might yet raise its poisonous head.

Theres a couple of books out like this one - Ive not read them though:

*also climate change this next decade and onwards totally screws Conservativism economically - something that needs a big state response - green new deal is a dead cert to happen eventually - too late unfortunately

Last edited:
Reform are a protest vote for the mouth breathers who get all frothy about brown people/ULEZ/wokeness/LTN's (insert pet hate here) I'll think they will froth for a few years the Tory party will move further right to accomodate thus ensuring they remain out of power for a couple of election cycles then they will move centre-wards again to start attracting back voters who by then will have had enough of a decade of Labour and will vote them back in.

The other thing to remember is that there is a growing number of young men who are being groomed into right-wing and misogynistic beliefs on social media. The far right is investing a lot in this and it may pay out.
This is true and perhaps Italy is an example of how that kind of thinking has been harnessed into an electoral win...cant imagine the Tories pulling it off though. The British upper classes are a different breed of cunt than that.

Reform are a protest vote for the mouth breathers who get all frothy about brown people/ULEZ/wokeness/LTN's (insert pet hate here) I'll think they will froth for a few years the Tory party will move further right to accomodate thus ensuring they remain out of power for a couple of election cycles then they will move centre-wards again to start attracting back voters who by then will have had enough of a decade of Labour and will vote them back in.

I don't entirely understand the current political landscape.

The conservative party is rapidly turning in to a far-right party, yet a party whose selling point seems to be that the tories aren't right wing enough is getting enough votes - if not councillors or MPs - to be noticeable.

is it just that sunak is - for some reason i can't quite put my paw on - not a candidate that the refuck voters will vote for?

wheels out the stack of deckchairs and the popcorn machine ... this thread and 'politiking' are going to be an absolute feast of spittle flecked cured Pork product meltdowns

is it just that sunak is - for some reason i can't quite put my paw on - not a candidate that the refuck voters will vote for?
I think thats a big factor...like I say if there were a BJ2 I think they would be doing much much better

Are you a flag shagger and what is it about him that you particularly love?

yeah - post election defeat it seems the tories will elect a loon and complete the process of morphing into UKIP/ReFuk/BreFuk/Farageland. What farage plans to do come the election may be interesting - I think if he felt he was likely to win somewhere he could end up in parliament and then entering the tory party (like some sort of intestinal parasite) . Not sure that is on the cards though. Whilst i dont think its remotely good that a trumpy populist right wing party can poll 15% of voters (even if it does knack the vermin in the process) the demogrpahic who support them is so narrow (over 50, white and angry) it makes it very hard for them win a single seat.
And in the GE - will they stand aside for farage endorsed tories like they did before? Or will farage judge this the right time to knife them?
It's whether the UK is like the US, with the right-wing party getting taken over by a grassroots radical surge - Tea Party and Trump. I'm not sure it's the same here to be honest. We don't have primaries and have hardly had mass rallies, not on the right. The voter base isn't solid enough here. I reckon the Tories will want to survive and will come back to the mainstream, but as others have said it might take more than one cycle.

It's whether the UK is like the US, with the right-wing party getting taken over by a grassroots radical surge - Tea Party and Trump. I'm not sure it's the same here to be honest. We don't have primaries and have hardly had mass rallies, not on the right. The voter base isn't solid enough here. I reckon the Tories will want to survive and will come back to the mainstream, but as others have said it might take more than one cycle.
People won't look at it it seems but as far I can tell it's a toss up whether Trump gets a second term next year.

Don't forget the Repubs don't even need to win. It's stacked in their favour and again if it's close. They are basically lunatics as a goup.

Truss, Braverman Johnson or whoever stand to gain then. Kussenburg isn't going to pass up a likely opportunity like that.

Can Trump be trusted to have custody and ownership of a teenage beauty paegent is what I'm wondering.

The other thing to remember is that there is a growing number of young men who are being groomed into right-wing and misogynistic beliefs on social media. The far right is investing a lot in this and it may pay out.
I wonder if there is any study out there into what kind of money and effort goes into this? It seems to me that there must be some money being spent to manipulate social media algorithms because I keep getting recommended the lite version of misogynistic videos (videos complaining how unfair dating is for men these days basically) and I have a feeling I won't need to click many of these to go deeper into an alt-right rabbithole. I've no idea why I get pushed these, I suspect from watching video games related videos.

Hello, Nige. 🤡

Back
Top Bottom