Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who will buy the Brixton Woolies?

Ms T

Honey-coloured ramparts
I reckon it will become another pound shop. Or Sainsbury's will move there because it's a bigger site. :hmm:

I don't think a Waitrose is very likely. :D

Primark is a possibility, I suppose, but I hope not as I'm trying to give up cheap clothes (which apparently make up 30% of landfill these days and are made in sweat shops).

Be a real shame to lose Woolies with its iconic lettering outside.

I'd like Brixton Cycles to have the space, please.

(yeah, right)

A fuck off Wetherspoons

It'll make Brixton on the weekend

Three floors of beer and wine and spirits

It's what they have widened the pavement for

:D

I don't think a Waitrose is very likely. :D

Primark is a possibility, I suppose, but I hope not as I'm trying to give up cheap clothes (which apparently make up 30% of landfill these days and are made in sweat shops).

Expensive clothes are made in sweatshops too and they would account for a larger percentage of landfill if other types of landfill are being recycled instead...

Expensive clothes are made in sweatshops too and they would account for a larger percentage of landfill if other types of landfill are being recycled instead...

Cheap clothes are often worn a couple of times (disposable fashion, innit?) and then thrown away whereas expensive ones last much longer. Plus cheap clothes are more likely to be made of man-made fibres that can't be recycled. :(

Cheap clothes are often worn a couple of times (disposable fashion, innit?) and then thrown away whereas expensive ones last much longer. Plus cheap clothes are more likely to be made of man-made fibres that can't be recycled. :(

Personally cheap clothes are as likely to be kept and worn for years or just not thrown out, just in case, and expensive clothes are often worn once and shoved in the back of a wardrobe. Both should be recycled. I don't see how man-made fibres can't have a life after clothes.

Not that you're not right. Just pointing out that some people labour under the misapprehension that spending more on clothes = not buying clothes made in sweatshops and that the percentage isn't just affected by Primark et al.

Put me down for a few bottles. Last minute christmas presents for the whole family :cool:

Back
Top Bottom