editor

hiraethified
Anyone going?

Facebook event page

*Friday 13 July London Together Against Trump protest**

14:00 Assemble outside the BBC building in Portland Place

March to Trafalgar Square

17:00 - 19:00 Rally in Trafalgar Square

If you can't make it to London there are events happening as part of the Carnival of Resistance around the country from 12-14 July. Go to the map for details: https://www.stoptrump.org.uk/events/

Pics from today's protest

trump-welcome-london-01.jpg

trump-welcome-london-06.jpg

trump-welcome-london-09.jpg

In photos: First London protests against Donald Trump visit, with big demo expected tomorrow

Yes, yes, yes!

...and I hope you'll be my proxy, editor

Tomorrow, the wife and will seethe with rage at home and then take the dog for a walk.

No. I’ll be at the Miners’ Gala but where are all these tens of thousands when it comes to the issues that actually matter?
I wouldn’t march with them. It’s a joke.

Yes, i think we are seeing the end of class politics and the ascendancy of liberal identity politics, in the 80's, you had the great battles against apartheid, the fight against dictatorships, LGB campaigns, etc, but you also had the unemployment marches(you wouldn't know there were still at least a million unemployed) the Miners Strike, Timex, Poll Tax, etc.

the thing is, for many of these liberals the latter doesn't even register, and what is left of the left goes along with it all as it make them look still viable, SWP fronts like SUTR, etc.

Big contrast with the visit of JFK to London when 500,000 lined the streets along the route him and Jacky took from London Airport to the West End. Trump gets protests, an orange blimp and out of 3500 pubs in London one in West London that's changed its name to The Trump Arms where edgy Tory graduates are going to toast him with room temperature Budweiser and Tesco's finest burgers .

Yeah. Nothing about jobs or housing. The roar of the enlightened liberals.
There was an anti Trump march here in Brighton an hour or so ago. Placards and shouting that Trump and brexit is racist and a lot of shouting at a bloke with a crop haircut.
Yes biggish (for a Thursday teatime) crowd in Newcastle but dull as dishwater all usual suspects speaking with lots of shouting about racism and sexism (while being stewarded by SWP) but very little linking to whats going on for people here. A distinct lack of union banners. Lots of booing and shame on you shouts at the handful of "NorthEast Frontline Patriots" - who had set their frontline next to French Connexion with a speaker playing hail to the chief and wish I was in dixie on a loop while waving a random assortment of flags (stars and stripes, confederate, another weird stars and stripes variation, union jack, England, Israel, pride) - so at least they got the attention they wanted - and a bit of angry megaphone waving (with no attempt from either side to actually push through the line of police) from leading twats on both sides at one point. Think the police may have been scanning the crowd using facial recognition camera. Just generally depressing.

Yes biggish (for a Thursday teatime) crowd in Newcastle but dull as dishwater all usual suspects speaking with lots of shouting about racism and sexism (while being stewarded by SWP) but very little linking to whats going on for people here. A distinct lack of union banners. Lots of booing and shame on you shouts at the handful of "NorthEast Frontline Patriots" - who had set their frontline next to French Connexion with a speaker playing hail to the chief and wish I was in dixie on a loop while waving a random assortment of flags (stars and stripes, confederate, another weird stars and stripes variation, union jack, England, Israel, pride) - so at least they got the attention they wanted - and a bit of angry megaphone waving (with no attempt from either side to actually push through the line of police) from leading twats on both sides at one point. Think the police may have been scanning the crowd using facial recognition camera. Just generally depressing.
Brighton protest video here..WATCH: Hundreds march in Brighton protesting Donald Trump's UK visit

Yes biggish (for a Thursday teatime) crowd in Newcastle but dull as dishwater all usual suspects speaking with lots of shouting about racism and sexism (while being stewarded by SWP)

Why aren't people who know what happened with Comrade Delta, etc not making others aware?, its intolerable that these rape deniers are fronting these protests.

There’s a .... picnic of resistance where I live. No, I can’t face it. A picnic of resistance! Plus given I wrote a near essay on Facebook on my aid page thing in response to the organisers advertising their protest against the bombing of Syria on the Stop The War website, I also would be very unwelcome....!!! Village politics :)

I can't be there in body but, I'm there in spirit.
Have fun and try to make the orange twat look as idiotic and unwelcome as possible.

Seems Trump has informed The Sun the blimp makes him feel unwelcome - That's the fucking idea, twat!

Now, boys and girls, can we start selling mini versions so we can all have one, and use the cash to fund more protests of whatever worthwhile sort, please?
A mini Trump blimp outside half the houses in the UK would be lovely.

My sons response to this, having seen the children in cages on the news- was like WHY are they flying a balloon over London why are they making fun of him?
Because he’s a bad man
Yeah but WHY are they making fun of him?
I think he meant what purpose does it serve :) he is a very practical seven year old. I could not give an answer. I rarely can when a child questions the obvious!

After that “Trump is only Scotland for 2 days and then he goes home mummy. Yippee”
Not finished yet
“Are there people in the world worse than Trump”
Come on man let’s not play fash top trumps.

Of course local/national issues matter but there's room for more than one protest. What Trump does affects more than just the US. Palestine, womens rights, crimes against humanity etc.

If Trump did everything else different but stayed the same on climate policy it'd still be more than worth going out to protest his presence in Britain - he represents business interests that will fry us all, starting with the poorest, to boost profits by 10%.

If Trump did everything else different but stayed the same on climate policy it'd still be more than worth going out to protest his presence in Britain - he represents business interests that will fry us all, starting with the poorest, to boost profits by 10%.
This, really. There is so much wrong with Trump that it's easy to forget what's wrong with him. It's almost like some sort of Jedi mind trick. Unless you take time out to think about all of his appalling policies individually they can quickly become one big GAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! which helps no one, and which seems to be happening in some parts.

I can't be there but I hope there are protests that he/the world can't ignore. In the meantime I'm going to remind myself what he has done. Maybe we all should.

Anything that adds to the well deserved anti Trump publicity is good news. By all means enjoy the day, but the serious side is to get rid of a dangerous, evil, nasty little orange twat.

Back
Top Bottom