Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Diane Abbott suspended as Labour MP.

She’s a calamity of an MP. No big loss to the party.
She's certainly prone to clunky and foolish behaviour, this email included. But I'm extremely suspicious of the sheer level of spite that's flung her way given the rest of the shower of shite that makes up the modern party. She does at least seem to care just a little bit about people in actual need. I mean the shadow work and pensions secretary, on the same day she's been suspended for this, was busily disinterring the old terrorist migrants line.

Last edited:
I'm a bit :hmm: at no one at the Observer checking this out before printing seeing as it's an obvious draft. It just.... runs out, and unless you hated someone, wouldn't you double check before printing that shocker.

Still, as the rest of her politics don't fit she's just handed the Labour leadership a gift. And the Observer probably do hate her.

I'm not surprised to see expressions of this sort, and I feel it is a fairly normal response from anti-semites who want to be seen as progressive. I suppose Jewish people may well not experience structural racism, unlike Travellers (Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are ethnic groups under the Equality Act), but to say that they cannot experience racism is so odd as to be meaningless. So at best she's saying that you need, as an ethnic group, to experience structural racism at this point in time to experience any form of racism, but the difference structural/hate isn't that clear cut imho

I'm a bit :hmm: at no one at the Observer checking this out before printing seeing as it's an obvious draft. It just.... runs out, and unless you hated someone, wouldn't you double check before printing that shocker.

Still, as the rest of her politics don't fit she's just handed the Labour leadership a gift. And the Observer probably do hate her.

I'm not sure it's as obvious as you seem to think - and besides, it's surely the responsibility of the author to check the content, not the Observer.

I wonder what checking letters like that get to verify their legitimacy? Like just from an official email, or do they contact and check? Surely there must be something, especially with a letter like that.

I'm not surprised to see expressions of this sort, and I feel it is a fairly normal response from anti-semites who want to be seen as progressive. I suppose Jewish people may well not experience structural racism, unlike Travellers (Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are ethnic groups under the Equality Act), but to say that they cannot experience racism is so odd as to be meaningless. So at best she's saying that you need, as an ethnic group, to experience structural racism at this point in time to experience any form of racism, but the difference structural/hate isn't that clear cut imho
If you're returning_1 who were you before?

Back
Top Bottom