Cardiff City 2008-09

Discussion in 'football' started by Phenotypic Dai, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Phenotypic Dai

Phenotypic Dai The girdle of Venus

We're in for Boyd again. By all accounts we've had a £2.5 million offer knocked back.

It's nice to have some money for a change.:D

Also murmurings of Young Chedwyn coming on loan for a season, and the return of a cut price Chopra.

With Fowler seemingly retained for another season, I get a tightening of the scrotum thinking of a Chopra/Fowler front line.

2. Threshers_Flail

Threshers_Flail Well-Known Member

I know my word isn't worth much but I have heard that Boyd is a bit of a pisshead. Id much rather see Ched Evans at the city, far better prospect imho. It just down to weather Sparkie wants to sell. Come on City!

3. Phenotypic Dai

Boyd treated us like shit last time round.

Fuck him, imo.

ETA: I only caught the end of the radio report mentioning Boyd. I got all worked up thinking it was George Boyd. He'd be good for us.

4. Biffo

Biffo Well-Known Member

I'd much prefer Evans at City than Boyd.

5. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

Something like 37 goals in 51 games last season, though. That's one fuck of a scoring record. I don't reckon he'd come anyway - with a strike rate that prolific I'd have thought he'd be holding out for a lower to mid prem outfit rather than a creaky old championship team. Add to that the fact that the fans love him and that he's a childhood Hun I just can't see it.

Agreed on Ched Evans, though. He'd be a very tidy loan signing.

6. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

7. Threshers_Flail

Now that would be great. How could you not squander your money on your hometown club?

8. badlands

badlands the mercy seat

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Exactly. Morally he has to give us all his money or relinquish all claims to be a Cardiffian.

Or something.

10. Threshers_Flail

Held in high regard it seems. Not the tallest but alongside a target man he could do alright. Darren Dennehy also looks a decent prospect, Everton offered him a contract, so they must believe he has the potential to make it.

With the Kirs Boyd bid though, what the hell was Stevie Thompson doing advising him not to sign for the city? Not the most loyal of actions towards your employers is it?

11. Phenotypic Dai

Here's vid of him banging in a freekick from distance.:)

I've also had a nose on that oracle of knowledge, Football Manager 2008, and he looks class on there. They've got him down as a left winger though.

12. Welsh1

Welsh1 bonified boner

good signing, 100k is a steal aswell

13. spacemonkey

spacemonkey I Love Noodles

Have we changed our badge back to a variation on the old design?

[​IMG]

14. Threshers_Flail

Wasn't their talk of this last season?

My uncle would be screwed, he got the current one as a tattoo on his leg, daft sod.

15. Buds

Buds Well-Known Member

I don't know what you've done to badge but I like the right hand side of it.

:D:p

16. spacemonkey

I'm pretty sure we have, they have the new design on the billboards outside the new stadium.

I also know someone who's got a tat of the black and yellow badge on his chest. Gutted.

ha ha........ha. :p

17. 1927

Yes.It's all aprt of the deSammification. The ambos were gievn a vote lasts eason for which badge and which shirt they wanted in the last year at Ninian. they voted for the old badge and the 70s kit. Personally I would have voted for a total 70ification.

18. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Gotta be mad to go with a Johnny-come lately design.

If I was going to have a City tattoo, I'd stick to the classic design, not some new fangled marketing-led effort.

19. spacemonkey

Yep. Absolutely suckered by the marketing.

I hated that badge anyway...looked too much like L**ds'.

Welcome back (((original badge)))

20. badlands

badlands the mercy seat

Fowler's fucked off to Blackburn.

Good.

That'll free up our wages bill.

Two strikers today please.

Chopra and Ched Evans would do nicely.

21. passenger

passenger up and down...

you what :hmm:

22. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

Phew! I'm glad of that.

We might as well keep Hasslebank then seeing as it looks like we are going to be paying for him. :(

23. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7493303.stm

24. 1927

It would seem even more right had he stayed and put something back into the club who paid him a fucking fortune last year for him to spend half the season doing the square root of fuck all!:mad:

25. 1927

I dont think the commercial department will be too happy with the new signing. Can't see them selling too many shirts with BENT on the back!:D

26. spacemonkey

The People are saying we're looking at a loan deal for Heidar Helguson. They seem to have predicted a few things to do with city correctly in the past few weeks.

What do we reckon to having the big Icelander at Ninian?

27. Buds

Buds Well-Known Member

28. 1927

29. badlands

badlands the mercy seat

whispers doing the rounds that Loovens is Rangers bound :eek:

but if it means we get Boyd in return :)

probably cost us another mill on top tho

30. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

The Bent thing was farcical. Ridders and Jones trumpeting his signing and he goes and buggers off. This on the back of that fat, scouse coke addict walking away after taking his £20,000 per week for sitting on his well-padded arse for the entire season.

We now only have Parry, the transfer listed Thommo and McCormack up front. Our chairperson has egg on his face. They'd better start pulling something out of the hat rapidly, or the clamour relating to where the Ramsay millions have gone is going to get very loud indeed.