1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube music videos where the artist leaves a comment

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Fez909, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

I don't know why but I always love these. Especially when it's something funny.

I also like the ones where the tune is a rave or early house classic and the vocalist isn't particularly well known, and they leave a comment and get really excited that people are still loving their tunes all these years later. :)

Post any examples you come across!

A few comments later..
    :D

2. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

This one is pretty offensive, I think. Hard to tell with the differing meanings between "cunt" here, in the USA, and potentially in the gay scene(?).

Anyway...
    Anyone with more knowledge know if he's being a cunt himself here or if this is just different meaning?

ska invita likes this.
  3. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

sounds legit to me

Fez909 likes this.
  4. ska invita

ive come across a few - mainly on obscure old hardcore/jungle tracks - will bump this thread as and when ;)

Fez909 likes this.
  5. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

They're the best ones..the obscure ones. Because they're not pimping for sales or doing some PR or something. They're usually answering questions about what they're up to now, or a sample used or something. :thumbs:

And yep, I know this thread is gonna be a "bump as and when" one. :)

6. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Not sure about this one. Sounds like the label, but maybe not JOE LEWIS himself. Dunno, might be, but feels a bit fishy somehow. Anyway, great record:

nogojones likes this.
  7. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

I wouldn't trust anything Joe Lewis has said as he has previously passed off other people's work as his own.

Apathy likes this.
  8. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

having watched 6 series of ru pauls drag race i am something of an expert and think its very likely true what he says.

Fez909 likes this.
  9. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

This is a huge tune on which the original Landlord from 1989 commented.

Landlord says: "Hey Belfane83......thanks so much man for the compliment...i'm back and better now baby! This ain't no joke, really am Landlord and the compliments on here mean a lot to me...Still living in Toronto/Canada New album is off the chain...produced by yours truly Remember the name...The Lee Project...A.k.a...Landldord"

10. ska invita

The landlord stab...a notion that's never been more appropriate

SpookyFrank and toblerone3 like this.
  11. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

[/quote]

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 00.58.41.png

:D

12. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Fez909 likes this.
  13. Tom B.

Tom B. Well-Known Member

danski, Fez909, Supine and 3 others like this.
  14. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Foot's on the other hand

AWESOME post Tom B. Love shit like this.

Used to came the 97 garage remix outside the school gates in my nova (I was 17!) :D

And Bruce Forest is a proper face:cool: One of those names that pops up everywhere when doing a bit of digging

Fez909 and Orang Utan like this.
  15. Orang Utan

Yeah, Forest is a legend.
    He's just popped up out of the woodwork and done an amazing mix reviewing legendary NY party Better Days for Test Pressing:
    Bruce Forest / Naughty Boy Mix / Better Days Classics

16. de_dog

de_dog Mickey! Mickey from Leicester

17. Orang Utan

Isn't Bubbles the name of MJ's chimpanzee?
    Perhaps that's how the confusion arose.

18. Orang Utan

19. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

Great post :)

If I remember correctly the first pressing of that Patti Day track had a popping/click sound error in the first breakdown. Might have been the white label but was fixed for the commercial release. Brilliant song :)

20. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

On a similar tack, I love the northern soul youtube videos where someone comments: "This was my aunt!" That seems to happen on pretty much all of them.

Ground Elder likes this.
  21. nogojones

nogojones Well-Known Member

Well its the backing vocalist, but it made me think of this thread

Fez909 likes this.
  22. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Brother & Sister - Midnight Desire

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 20.02.14.png

23. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Not quite a YouTube video, but there is one on the same page ;)

From discogs:

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 00.31.19.png

Sad one though :(

24. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Quite a boring one this, although I like that the guy's just happy that people like his music

[​IMG]

25. ska invita

Mr.AJ Belletto4 months ago
    ok I was the leader of Salt --new Orleans --recorded at Cosmo recording studio at 3am in the morning ..Remember the break taking many many takes w Bill Crosby getting frustrated-this is and was a very obscure group--listed in Off Beat magazine as one of the top 20 funk bands to come out of new Orleans.We knew the horns were slightly out of tune but left it cause it gave it a garage sound that went with the rest of the tune--the flip side I Cant Believe was also good with the lyrics--only 45 I know left is owned by trumpet man Rob Logan--it was rumored that managers destroyed thousands of em to increase value--this one is really cherished since Chocktaw was Cosmo Mantassa's label. and he recently passed.--members of this Salt band was Buddy LeBell on sax, Rob logan on tumpet, Bill Crosby on drums, Paul Daigle on bass Mike Frass on keyboards and AJ Belletto on guitar -

Orang Utan and Fez909 like this.
  26. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

I doubt anyone (maybe rutbowa) will care, but john harris from the bluestars posted a cheery message on this under the name korman07

27. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 12.52.29.png

:)

28. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

29. milehp

milehp New Member

Famous and Dandy by the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy.
    The drummer Simone White give an update on his present day whereabouts
    ( well 3 years ago anyways)

Fez909 and nogojones like this.
  30. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

This contains a comment from Reggie Payne aka Reggie Reg of the Crash Crew. I Met him recently on a hip hop tour in New York. We watched this video with him in the minibus going through the Bronx :cool:

Crash Crew - Wikipedia

Fez909, danski and ska invita like this.