Youth Team:

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Looking at the just released constitution of the Kent Youth League there is no Dulwich Hamlet team listed.
    Presumably this means we will only be competing in the Wednesday afternoon National League U.19 Youth Alliance?
    Can anyone confirm this please?

2. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Seems strange what with sides from a number of age levels competing in that competition? Have they switched leagues perhaps?

3. Dulwich Mishi

I have no idea, which is why I was hoping someone might be able to answer on here with some information rather than guesswork...

4. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Your memory is better than mine but wasn’t it mentioned somewhere that the new first team training facilities would also provide a ground for the Academy side for the coming season? Seems strange to be pulling out of a league when the Academy is one of the key plus points of the application for the new CH development.

5. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

For anyone interested, the draw for the Preliminary Round of the FA Youth Cup made last month has drawn us away to Maidstone United in the week commencing Monday 2nd September, the same week we welcome the first team to Champion Hill.

Should we win that fixture, we will be at home in the First Qualifying Round against either Cray Valley PM or Bridon Ropes, week commencing Monday 16th September.

6. Dulwich Mishi

Thank you, I saw the draw when it was released. A very tough one for this early stage of the competition, the Stones generally have a very good youth set up.
    Any news on what league were in? I know we’re in the National League Youth Alliance on Wednesdays but will there be any youth football on Sundays?

7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

DM the gav on twitter. He surely follows you -#BadgeOfTheDay

Cyclodunc likes this.