"You're my victim" - really hopeless attempt at phishing

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by editor, Jul 12, 2018.

1. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Took a peek in my span folder and found this gem:

2. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

has ziggy been searching for kitty pr0n when you are out?

:p

gentlegreen likes this.
  3. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

4. kropotkin

kropotkin libcom

I just got one of those!
    "don't ask for proof or I'll definitely send it to 13 of your friends"

gentlegreen and Saul Goodman like this.
  5. S☼I

S☼I it's my room get out

"Even for 9 months" :confused::D

Chemical needs likes this.
  6. 8ball

8ball Most Ignoreable Poster 2016

I actually typed something almost identical to this into an email and sent it to my Dad (his work account) about 10 years ago. His IT department were adamant that it was responsible for a whole heap of issues on their network.

7. marty21

marty21 One on one? You're crazy.

The process of your onanism

Pure durty talk :thumbs:

mojo pixy, keithy, Voley and 4 others like this.
  8. keybored

keybored

Inbox full of these.

I should probably stop paying the ransoms, it seems to encourage them :(

Voley likes this.
  9. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Pretty much as you’d imagine

Had emails which had almost identical text to each other with about 5 phrase changes in each, e.g.
    english language grammar -> language sentence structure -> english sentence structure
    toxified -> infected
    hand fucking -> soloing -> fapping

Different amounts, different bitcoin accounts and different currencies, different senders (do lots of people have the first name "Gravel" or "Beard"?)

Voley likes this.
  10. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Seagulls are cunts

You're all dodgy wankers, clearly

11. BoxRoom

BoxRoom Flip.

My colleague got one of these the other day, bloody chancers.

12. WouldBe

WouldBe non smoking

My dad has received 2 . He's 82 and doesn't even have a camera connected to his PC.

PippinTook likes this.
  13. Mr Smin

Mr Smin Registered Luser

That just proves the technical sophistication of these people.

14. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

They might have downloaded the camera app onto his PC

moochedit, WouldBe and Voley like this.
  15. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

You're my wife now...

16. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

keybored likes this.
  17. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

''Right now, I own all your contacts and videotape with you burp the worm''

:D

18. Jon-of-arc

Jon-of-arc Fully self-actualised

My new favourite masturbation euphemism.

Voley likes this.
  19. Voley

Voley Knees Up Mother Earth

I think they've tried to translate their blackmail note using the Viz Profanisaurus.

More of this sort of thing, please.

20. Jon-of-arc

Jon-of-arc Fully self-actualised

unsurprisingly, none of the wallet addresses people have posted have ever had any bc in or out.

21. WouldBe

WouldBe non smoking

If these e-mails all start with "Hi, victim" why haven't the isp's cottoned on and marked them all as spam? :eek:

22. JuanTwoThree

JuanTwoThree Unintended gear-stick action

Let's say, hypothetically, that I am having a wank while writing this post. All that can be seen from my webcam is my face, unsurprisingly. It's hardly damning evidence of what I am (not really) up to.

Sorry abbout the typof. Typinf wiht oen hanf

23. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

I seriously wonder how such people have any money left over by the time that the Nigerian scammers get to them.

24. alex_

alex_ Well-Known Member

I understand you lost money in an internet scam, if you pay me 500 usd I can help get it back.

Alex

25. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

:hmm:

I have had something similar this evening.

Would normally delete without a thought, but it quoted a password at me, which is one I have used with the e-mail account it's been sent to - their e-mail started "I am aware [password] one of your passphrase."

They are asking for 3,000 dollars in shitcoin or whatever the heck it's called. (I seem to be considered worth more than editor :p )

Obviously it's bollocks, and they can fuck right off - quite apart from anything else I have never had a webcam attached to my computer, and I'm fairly sure the security software I have is OK.

From my records (I do have a system for passwords and do write them down - albeit nothing like in full) the only thing I have used that exact password for was a 'get points towards something useless for recycling stuff' scheme (Recyclebank) that my local council used until about 6 years ago.

Is there somewhere I should report this sort of shit?

Should I contact the US company (who are still in business but no longer working with my local council)? Obviously UK data protection law doesn't cover them, and it's going to be damned hard to prove it was them.

Or just delete the whole darn thing and forget about it?

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

There's been loads of major password breaches by big companies that should know better, so that's where they've most likely picked it up. Just make sure you've changed the password (in fact, try and change it regularly) and you can ignore the shit head scammer.

alex_ likes this.
  27. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

I don't have anything to do with that company now, and I don't use that exact password for anything else (and will make an effort not to use that combination of e-mail address / password for anything else in case someone out there is trying it for other things)

28. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

I have filmed the process of my оnanism. Send me money or I will rickroll you with that shit for years.

29. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

30. keybored

keybored

A useful site:
    Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach

alex_ likes this.