Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. eatmorecheese

eatmorecheese Be who you needed when you were younger

Sorry to hear this :(

pogofish likes this.
  2. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

So sad to read about this :(

pogofish likes this.
  3. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Pics of Chloe grabbing the laser pen I was using last night:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cloo, KeeperofDragons, KatyF and 17 others like this.
  4. High Voltage

High Voltage In the top 97% of Urban's most interesting posters

Gave them a call and, typically, it's not a line they stock or are interested in stocking. I've ordered the next lot from the vet, they've told me that they may have sourced a cheaper supplier, how much cheaper remains to be seen

5. Epona

Epona Down with battered parsnips

Really sorry to hear that :(

I do want to say that when this stuff happens, folks can post on this thread if this is where they feel most at home doing so, but if people want a new thread to post about their loss, if it seems bigger than this thread, that is ok too. Whatever you want is good, and however you want to talk about it is ok. My love and condolences to you.

pogofish likes this.
  6. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

Bugger! That's disappointing.

7. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

We had a great cuddle first thing this morning, her pummeling my sore chest, before retiring to just staring and smiling at me.

8. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I've been on cat feeding and litte tray emptying duty for my neighbours.
    I thought the cats hadn't been pooing as much as usual. They got back today and went upstairs to their bedroom... IMG_7996.jpg

stavros, Chz, Schmetterling and 7 others like this.
  9. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

They sent me the photo :eek::facepalm::D

oryx, Lupa and Calamity1971 like this.
  10. Calamity1971

Haha. Dirty protest :D

Lupa and Shirl like this.
  11. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Omg. When I am on feeding duty there is never any reason why you would go into bedrooms. You don't need to. Food and litter tray is not in bedroom and going into bedroom would be rude.

They are annoyed cats though.

pogofish and Shirl like this.
  12. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

seriously pussed off...

Me76 and Calamity1971 like this.
  13. Calamity1971

Nip to the loo and you lose ya seat to Charlie, aka lumpy mcstumpy! I even pretend to sit on her and she still doesn't budge. I spend my life perched on chairs.
    DSC_0867.JPG

14. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Cat trap set

stavros, May Kasahara, Lupa and 3 others like this.
  15. Calamity1971

She wasn't even in the room. It's like she's come down from the ceiling, mission impossible style? It's an on going battle, she used to fall for the fake, 'I'm going to sit on you'. She's well over that now :D.

16. High Voltage

Casper is the same .Most of my weekends are spent with him corralled onto my lap and the second I get up for anything he's right back where I was sitting and most reluctant to move

Calamity1971 and Lupa like this.
  17. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I've done cat duty for these cats for about 8 or 9 years now and they have never done anything like this before. In fact I've always thought them extremely clean cats. Something has definitely upset them.
    Owner came round later and told me that there had been 3 poo on bed incidents in the last few weeks but they didn't think to tell me.

18. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

something defo seems wrong.

19. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

well, yes.

chances are it's a behavioural thing, but cats peeing / crapping in odd places can be a sign of some sort of medical problem.

20. High Voltage

Just picked up the next 21 tablets for the bargain basement price of only £114

So a saving over last time of over £60

Calamity1971 likes this.
  21. Calamity1971

I looked around a couple of other ones I've used in the past, 365vets etc but no joy. When I put in pet prescriptions online and med name it came back with one. Unfortunately it was the states, $1.06 a tablet! Checked and they don't ship :(
    £60 quid saving is good though even if its still eye watering.

22. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

They were still peeing in the litter tray though and there was at least one shit in the litter tray most days. I think my neighbour is still too pissed off to worry about their heath but he's a nice chap so he'll be worrying about the cats before long. I guess it depends on whether they go back to just using their tray.

23. High Voltage

But why should they go back to using a tray when they've got a nice big bed to shit on?

24. Epona

Epona Down with battered parsnips

I know they aren't yours, you were catsitting? Or whoever posted was catsitting? Sorry if I have quoted the wrong thing (I can be a bit rubbish at that sometimes)

I'd recommend to their humans a vet visit to rule out any medical problem, but most usually shitting on the bed is a sign that they are afraid of a cat or other animal lurking outside, or some other territorial disturbance in or around the home, or a change in the smell of things.

The bed is seen as the safest place (the big squishy humans sleep there, so it is seen as a safe area), and shitting on the bed (ie in core territory, even if it messes up where they sleep) is a sign that they are scared to leave themselves vulnerable by squatting elsewhere, and have decided to basically just shit where they sleep because they are scared to do it anywhere else.

Usually caused due to another cat lurking outside/spraying around the walls/bullying them (if they go outdoors, or perhaps coming in through a cat flap), or some other reason why they feel the edges of their world are unsafe.

Shitting on the bed is them saying (actually not just saying, it is more severe than that) "we don't feel safe squatting outside of this core territory, and feel a deep need to mark this core area as ours"

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Puddy_Tat likes this.
  25. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Bella was pooing outside the litter tray on a few occasions a few months ago. in the storage cupboard, under the bathroom wash basin. I thought maybe if I moved the litter tray to behind the bathroom door where she could have privacy might work and seems to have done the job. I noticed whenever she was using the tray and spotted me, she jumped out. a few weeks of it in the new position, I then moved it back and she is fine again.

trabuquera, Lupa and Me76 like this.
  26. May Kasahara

May Kasahara pleasantly caving in

Funny, because both my old cats seemed to take pleasure in shitting ostentatiously in full view. Whilst wearing a very disapproving look, obviously :D

27. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Then why did they leave the bedroom door open, ffs? :rolleyes:
    Surely they could have been kept wherever the litter tray is for a few days?

Lupa likes this.
  28. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Bella is a funny cat. she loves being around me and comes into the bathroom when I'm using it. Jumps on the side of the bath tub. Sits next to me while I'm taking a dump. russian blue cats are very loyal indeed. :D

Lupa likes this.
  29. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat hmm

I didn't go quite as far as inviting the mogs i used to live with to join me in the bathroom - or in the bedroom when i 'had company' for that matter

One of them (the cats that is, not the 'gentlemen callers') did piss in the bath once and once only - not quite sure what was going on there, maybe he thought it was my litter tray or something?

Lupa likes this.
  30. LeytonCatLady

LeytonCatLady Well-Known Member

Our Paddy went through a phase of shitting in the bath when Mum and my now stepdad first started dating. Whenever he'd had stayed over and used the bathroom, you could be sure to find a freshly laid brown deposit in the bath - the cat did not like this bloke at all! Think he was jealous as he could no longer sleep on Mum's bed, which he started doing after Dad moved out. It's definitely a territorial thing.

izz and Lupa like this.