Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

If I were more technologically minded, I would look into some sort of device which allowed me to turn on the lights and pull the curtains whilst sitting with an occupied lap. Utter disdain from Missy as I evicted her to perform these tasks manually.

2. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

chloe watching...

[​IMG]

clicker, High Voltage, oryx and 12 others like this.
  3. Mrs D

Mrs D also misses e

She was asleep and then suddenly woken up by our barely audible neighbour across the road taking their shopping out of their car. She froze like this for nearly a minute and then went back to sleep.

Image4.jpg

4. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

It occurred to me today that some of the very happiest moments in my life have involved having a purring cat curled up very close to my face.

oryx, Signal 11, Calamity1971 and 4 others like this.
  5. stavros

I spent about £30 on this thing about two and a half years ago, before Missy moved in, and she's barely used it. However, when she does, it kind of feels like a bargain.

Cubby hole.JPG

6. Epona

That is an adorable picture! I can guarantee you that any cat furniture in this house for two and a half years wouldn't be recognisable, it would more likely resemble some scene of destruction from a post-apocalyptic landscape.

stavros likes this.
  7. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

8. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

I love Missy's uncannily clean white murdermittens and the teeny tiny pink tips of Toby's toes peeking out.

stavros, BigTom, izz and 6 others like this.
  9. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

:D

BigTom, hegley, fishfinger and 2 others like this.
  10. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

murdermittens is right! (I don't know if this was Karl's doing as I didn't see who killed this or brought it in)
    karl mouse sept 2018.jpg

High Voltage, oryx, stavros and 10 others like this.
  11. chriswill

chriswill Misbehaving!

[​IMG]

Daisy is tired of being aloof

12. Calamity1971

Looks like I'm going to have to move the bird box higher for next season. Luckily the birds fledged from that this year before Red was with me.
    :mad:
    DSC_0603.JPG

clicker, petee, High Voltage and 14 others like this.
  13. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Molly has been getting closer and closer to my face when allowed upstairs in an attempt to get me up/for strokes!
    Even rested her head on my arm as she was dozing off
    Mollyfaceinface16Sept18.gif

14. LeytonCatLady

LeytonCatLady Well-Known Member

Awww! Black cats are beautiful.

donkyboy and ddraig like this.
  15. stavros

Karl has an incredibly wide stance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manter, Puddy_Tat, donkyboy and 6 others like this.
  16. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

:D If only he was as confident as his stance suggests

trabuquera likes this.
  17. Calamity1971

Karl or Sajid? ;)

oryx, BigTom and stavros like this.
  18. stavros

Karl has gone about his daily business, rendering what he views as smaller, inferior and weaker lifeforms helpless as he entertains himself.

Whereas Sajid...

19. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Oh dear.

New micro chip reading cat flap has been installed so hopefully no more tabby eating our food and sleeping in our hallway.

20. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

be prepared for grumpy tabby catness

from the cat reviewer on tweeter

21. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

I am looking forward to hearing the head bumping.

Although, the new cat flap has a very long delay from the read to the lock, so if our girl cat is letting him know when dinner is ready as I have the feeling she has, he might still appear anyway

22. Calamity1971

That makes me feel a little sad :(

donkyboy and PippinTook like this.
  23. Epona

Looks like there is a real risk that the cat may swipe at the parent birds when they are going in and out to feed their young, or swiping at the wobbly baby birds when they come out of the box as fledglings - so yeah, moving it next year might be good idea :D (I love cats, also love wild birds and protection for them is good). I do suspect that the birds abandoned it after their first nesting this year if they ever saw or heard the cat up there (most birds do not have a sense of smell, contrary to popular opinion, but they surely saw him :D )

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018 at 9:07 AM
    Calamity1971 likes this.
  24. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Was having hard time sleeping last night. My bed mate Chloe was sleeping with me. thought I'd hold her tiny paws. all going fine until Bella decided to randomly run into the bedroom at full throttle and run out again. unfortunately, she woke Chloe up who then got up and moved to the bottom of the bed.

[​IMG]

25. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Yep.

I used to let my neighbour's cat into my flat. didn't bother me him munching on the food I got for my girls or him helping himself to the water fountain to quench his thirst. No big deal. Don't get why this bothers people?

Calamity1971 likes this.
  26. LynnDoyleCooper

LynnDoyleCooper Up against the wall motherfucker.

It's not good for the cats that do live in the house. It can cause them quite a lot of stress to have an invader in their space.

Manter likes this.
  27. Calamity1971

I'm not sure Me76 mentioned anywhere that her cats were stressed with the other cat. In fact it looks like they may all get on.
    Not that I'm saying all cats wouldn't be happy with that arrangement.
    I have no choice, it's a rented house so my catflaps are windows. Much to the annoyance of local plod who knocked on my door and told me off.

donkyboy and PippinTook like this.
  28. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

I think cats are as individual as people.
    I know people who have lots of cats in the same home with not much of any problems.

donkyboy and Calamity1971 like this.
  29. Motown_ben

Motown_ben Well-Known Member

Floyd up to his usual mischief[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Manter, clicker, Signal 11 and 14 others like this.
  30. stavros

Missy's just come in from some odyssey outside for the last 90 minutes or so, walked around the lounge, sniffed my ankles, and promptly walked back out of the cat flap. It's that kind of don't-give-a-fuck attitude that we love, isn't it?