Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Oh no :(
    Sorry to read this...
    (((((muscovyduck )))))

2. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

3. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

I'm so sorry. It's horrible to loose them at any time. But worse when your not expecting it. I lost my Louis very suddenly last year. It was horrendous. It will hurt like hell. But it will get easier. Promise. x

4. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

5. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Sorry to read your sad news muscovyduck.

6. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

7. smmudge

smmudge Sissy that walk!

8. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

9. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

10. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

Ours goes out but likes to do really disgusting smelling shits every so often just to tell us how much she loves us. :D

Chz and May Kasahara like this.
  11. petee

petee i'm spartacus

so sorry muscovyduck. that's very hard. condolences.

12. muscovyduck

muscovyduck too school for cool

Thank you for all your love everyone, she was 11 but we hadn't had her for that long, she is in cat heaven now singing to the birds and sleeping on soft blankets.

This sounds weird but having a cat was a big part of my identity? I talked about her all the time. So I'm feeling better for having a look at this thread and reading you all talk about your cats - it's a way of slowly adjusting to the new reality I guess. My cat has gone but other people still have cats experience the happy cat feelings

Basically if you've got any cat updates this evening, particulary about mischief they've gotten themselves into or cats looking all snug then I'd really appreciate them ❤

13. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Aw shit. We're thinking of you.

14. stavros

"Oh hello, it's you. You see my tummy? It's very fluffy isn't it? Wouldn't you like to tickle it? Wouldn't you? Go on, I dare you."

Landing.JPG

15. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

No wai missy, I do not dare, I know what you're like you great furry bully.

stavros likes this.
  16. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

((( muscovyduck )))
    Here is one of the kittens i rescued, Beats, with his new cat housemate, Poncho, who is about 3 years old, in the bed of the dog they also live with who was away when the photo was taken.

IMG_0077.jpg

17. stavros

Presumably the dog will get told to fuck off when it returns?

Calamity1971 and PippinTook like this.
  18. Puddy_Tat

like so

[​IMG]

from here

19. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

The girls sat on top of the doors

clicker, High Voltage, ddraig and 7 others like this.
  20. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

really sorry to hear your news ((( muscovyduck )))

21. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

I am so sorry. It must be such an absolute shock.

22. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

I found out yesterday that this is my friend's cat.

batcat.jpg

I met him for the first time yesterday. His name is Batcat. He's a very handsome cat. We had some head scritches and he spent a very long time sniffing my hand. I felt his fang against my finger. He has wonderful fangs. He likes to sharpen his claws on luggage and doesn't appreciate it when Sheila the dog wants to play.

23. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Sadly not, the dog has the upper hand in that house (for now, hopefully as beats gets older he'll become dominant and the dog will get in her rightful place).

stavros likes this.
  24. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I’m so sorry about your Cat dying muscovoy.

They really are the most ridiculous creatures aren’t they.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Red Cat

Red Cat Well-Known Member

26. eatmorecheese

eatmorecheese massaged in hot chocolate

So sorry for your loss x

27. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

A late bit of condolences muscovyduck - losing a cat is almost ridiculously painful for its human(s) - you have all my sympathy.

28. stavros

Missy's ticked off another first this evening. All previous kills have been clean and in tact, whereas the bird she came dashing in with this evening was somewhat lighter than it had once been, decapitated as it was. It's a right fucking struggle to get it off her with only two hands, but eventually she dropped it from her mouth and I was able to shut her in a bedroom whilst I disposed of the corpse.

She's since done several laps of the spot in the kitchen where she dropped it, almost in mourning for its passing.

29. Puddy_Tat

spring has arrived.

the miniature clouded leopard who lives near the station was out watching people going to the station this morning.

s/he wasn't there accosting people for a fuss this evening, though :(

30. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

So... things just keep piling up, a couple of days ago we noticed Sonic had a small lump on the side of his abdomen. It definitely only just came up, he gets cuddles and stroking every day, we'd have noticed it before if it had been there.

Going to monitor it until early next week then take him to the vet if it is still there. I think the most likely explanation is a benign lipoma, even so if it is there in a few days we'll need to arrange for it to be surgically removed (lipomas in cats tend to grow and cause discomfort) and biopsied, just in case. As long as it isn't something more serious, fingers crossed.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018