Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Delighted that all went well and hope he recovers quickly and fully.
    :)

bimble and Calamity1971 like this.
  2. High Voltage

High Voltage Laying in the gutter, looking at the kerb.

Epona I'm so glad to hear this and I'm delighted for you and Radar - here's to the safe return home of a much loved cat

Calamity1971 likes this.
  3. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

: purr :

4. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Missy is so fucking high on something this evening. It's like she's had her entire bloodstream replaced by 100% adrenaline. She won't leave me alone, sitting next to the laptop, not wanting to be stroked but punching me if I dare move my hands to do anything else. The only thing that's distracting her is the laser pen, but I can't keep that up constantly.

Hopefully she'll have worn herself out and I'll get an uninterrupted night's sleep.

PippinTook likes this.
  5. xsunnysuex

xsunnysuex Life is a horizontal fall.

Toby is getting big now.

upload_2018-2-7_21-17-51.png

6. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

Went to visit Radar at the hospital this afternoon, the vet says he's doing really well but he don't half look a right mess, poor little mite - and he's high as a kite on the good shit.

I'm not entirely sure he knew I was there, he wasn't really with it, and I don't think he can see, hear, or smell much right now (his eyelids and eye muscles aren't working properly at the moment because the nerves controlling them tend to get bruised during the sort of surgery he's had, it's not permanent damage in the vast majority of cases though - but it does look a tad alarming - and his ear canal and nasal passages are inflamed). He did press his little head against my hand (well against the latex glove I was wearing) when I rubbed the top of his head, which is the only bit of him that doesn't look sore or have an IV line or a transdermal patch.

The vet will phone me again tomorrow to let me know how he is doing, they will keep him in until he is less congested and is eating again, they'd given him an appetite stimulant just as I arrived, and I'd taken some of his usual food - favourite flavour of wet, and his usual dry - in case that helps.

Vintage Paw, KatyF, Me76 and 4 others like this.
  7. stavros

Another hyperactive evening. I hope this is just a phase she's going through, because it's very annoying. All she wants to do is sit next to my laptop and give me evils. If I try to do anything I get punished by either or both of claws and teeth.

How do teach a cat to fuck off on command?

PippinTook likes this.
  8. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

[​IMG]

9. Epona

I'm having a bit of a bad moment, poor thing looked in such a state earlier and I am missing him horribly.
    He had to have surgery because the polyps were starting to interfere with his breathing and bothering him with pain in his ear, and I have to keep reminding myself that the state he is in right now will only be for a few days that it is this bad (and the painkillers he is on, he's unlikely to remember much about it), and he hopefully has several years of happy cuddles and laying in a sunbeam and being a complete little horror and generally enjoying life ahead of him - which makes it worth it.

10. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

((Epona)). He'll be back with you and fine soon. I always find it shocking how quickly animals recover from things.

11. Me76

Ozzie decided to sit on the window sill outside our bedroom window as we were going to bed last night. Cue Orson sitting on the inside, flicking his tail and tapping the window in a very confused manner for about 40 minutes.

Puddy_Tat and PippinTook like this.
  12. PippinTook

trabuquera, Chz and xsunnysuex like this.
  13. PippinTook

(((((Epona)))))

He'll surprise you how quickly he will recover...

14. xsunnysuex

Molly looking beautiful this morning.

upload_2018-2-9_11-13-26.png

15. PippinTook

She's really very pretty.. her expression is so "I love you mummy".
    ;)

donkyboy likes this.
  16. xsunnysuex

Oh she does!! She's such a gentle loving soul. x

PippinTook likes this.
  17. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

4A097A4A-0B40-4787-91DA-53C11DC93530.jpeg Bob is King of the bed this morning

18. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Molly is so dapper! Always looks immaculately turned out and neat and tidy. She's like the Coco Chanel of cats.

19. Whagwan

Whagwan Well-Known Member

So I think Reba is being bullied by other neighbourhood cats resulting in her pissing all over the house. Several times we've come home or downstairs to see one of a couple of local cats run out the catflap.

Now we can't install a chip/magnet catflap as it is in the sliding patio door and therefore only has the clearance for the most basic of catflaps, but the invaders are getting more brazen. I have a water pistol by the back door but they've always cleared right off before I can get to it.

So... Any suggestions?

20. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

I wish Bernard could manage to keep all his eyebrows like that. We've got some very sharp grasses in the garden, and it seems he likes to rub against them given that he normally only has one or two eyebrow whiskers in place.

21. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

Soaking’s the only way. One of ours was being bullied by the cat from 4 doors up - 2 serious soakings later and that cat hasn’t set foot in the garden since. Try leaving vessels (old squeeze bottles have best power and range) of water around the back yard so you will always have something close to hand the next time this cat appears. Good luck :)

Whagwan and PippinTook like this.
  22. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

It works. Mine was the bully :oops: He came in soaked one day looking very sorry for himself and I believe he's not been back and hassled said cat since :D

Whagwan, scifisam, Me76 and 1 other person like this.
  23. Epona

Radar is home!

He now has normal control of his eyelids, so no permanent damage, in fact that cleared up really quickly - phew!
    He ate a bit today, he hasn't eaten since he's been home but I have some appetite stimulant pills for him and am to give him one tomorrow if he isn't eating - will also get some chicken breast and poach it in case that appeals more to him than his regular food right now. And of course if he doesn't eat tomorrow I will call the vet for advice.

He has a fentanyl patch for pain relief, and is in a lovely red body stocking to prevent him messing with it. So along with the balance problems to be expected after middle ear surgery, he's also really wobbly from the drugs, have made a padded ramp up to our bed but he can't work out how to use it in his befuddled state.

He was in so much better a state today when we arrived to pick him up, he recognised me for sure this time and was really excited and happy to see me :) :) He's also now really pleased to be home. :)

ddraig, Manter, scifisam and 13 others like this.
  24. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

Thats excellent news Epona. Pillows snuggles imminent :thumbs:.

25. stavros

I really am lost as to what's got into Missy over the last few evenings. Every time I'm at the computer and she's leaping up on the table, which I permit, but violently demanding fuck knows what. I've tried toys, enforced cuddles, treat food, ignoring her, but it takes her a very long time to wear herself out and go to sleep. It's really testing my patience.

26. Me76

I'd go for light slap time. But that's just me.

The OH always moans about how the cats annoy him: nibbling and getting in his face and stuff. They just don't do it with me. They know if they want attention it has to be civilised cos I don't let them get away with the annoying shit.

stavros likes this.
  27. stavros

I really hope it's just a phase, because it's not happened before in the near two years she's been with me.

She's finally gone to sleep, and hopefully will enjoy the rugby with me this weekend.

28. PippinTook

Is it only when you're on the computer?

29. Epona

(Oh also, as an aside to my earlier post, if you ever use google to try to find out whether it is possible for a cat to go to the loo while wearing a body stocking, be *very* careful about your search terms... :oops: There are things that cannot be unseen...)

Manter, Me76 and PippinTook like this.
  30. Thora

Thora Differently Ethical

How strict are people with food/portion sizes? Daisy constantly begs for food but she's a mainly inside cat so I don't want to let her get fat.