Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I met Ginge, a relatively new cat on my walk into town, earlier. Previously he's been very affectionate, but today he just trotted past me as I if was an insignificant blight on his life.

izz, Calamity1971 and PippinTook like this.
  2. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

Hi everyone, I am sorry I am not here very often these days.

Just want to say hi - Jakey and Sonic are in good health. Radar has a vet appointment on Wednesday because he has been hiccuping a lot, making loud gulping noises when he has been drinking water, and has a very messy ear that he is scratching at - I am hoping it is just something that can be dealt with easily - ear drops or something to sort it - but worried it may be a bigger problem

3. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

4. Epona

Is it possible to stroke that fluffy belly, or is a trap?

(one of my cats, Jakey, lets me stroke his belly - it is a rare thing though!)

PippinTook and oryx like this.
  5. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

They can be strange that way. Bernard lets us rub his belly (he positively encourages it - trills and rolls over when he wants it), and play with his paws. Which is a first for me in cat ownership. Normally paws are off-limits, even with the odd belly-rubbing cat.

PippinTook and seeformiles like this.
  6. Epona

Yeah Jakey loves his belly being rubbed, and all 3 of them are ok with me holding their paws. They're alright with being picked up and hugged too, which many cats aren't too keen on. I don't think my lot are in any way normal or average though - they all had a good start in life (which is what we should all want for every cat).

Calamity1971 and PippinTook like this.
  7. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Total trap. You can see the evil in her face!!!

Luckily her brother loves his belly being rubbed so we do have an outlet!

petee, stavros and PippinTook like this.
  8. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

41AA4AA7-3E1C-4F5A-A512-B0C9FCB0EEAD.jpeg Hadn’t seen Little Bob for a bit so went upstairs and found he’d made a nest in the middle of a pile of bedding left over from where we had people to stay at the weekend - wee bugger! :)

9. seeformiles

Both our boys like their bellies rubbed and their paws held - esp. when they curl up next to us in bed. I have been warned off doing that to other peoples’ cats for fear of a good scratching...

UnderAnOpenSky, Chz and PippinTook like this.
  10. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

It's really good to see you, I hope you're doing well. Good luck for Radar's appointment!

11. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

Kitten niece again!

[​IMG]

12. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

so so so cuutte :):)
    want to take her on as one of mine.

13. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

I LOVE HER.

(and your inlaws' bathroom is amazingly spotless. can I come and live with them to catsit as long as I promise to clean up after myself constantly?)

Chz, PippinTook and Calamity1971 like this.
  14. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

Named new one Charlie(Chaplin), as the black bit looks like a moustache.
    DSC_0044.JPG
    Took both the vets today as Charlie has had a runny nose and sneezes, apparently nothing to worry about, lungs clear and eyes okay.
    Milly had another worming tablet as she chucked up 2 round worms last night (boak).
    Chazza has forgiven me for vet visit but Milly has hidden under the bed and is snubbing me.
    Milly and sash before her kitty strop.
    DSC_0030.JPG

15. Calamity1971

That was my first thought. Bling!

16. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Looks like a new species of Zebra Snake Cat!

seeformiles likes this.
  17. seeformiles

That’s what Mrs SFM said :)

mx wcfc likes this.
  18. seeformiles

Aw - they look like they really love each other :)

PippinTook and Calamity1971 like this.
  19. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Totally. Those eyes are reminiscent of Joe Pesci in Goodfellas.

trabuquera and Me76 like this.
  20. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

My cats eat exactly the same thing but Madam funny-face's shit smells *disgusting*. Idiot cat's shit barely smells at all.

Why?!

21. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

whats the deal with constantly calling the fur baby idiot? :confused:

22. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

My sister did point out that this was just after their cleaner had been! :D

23. Calamity1971

Thats the same here. One of them smells like rotten cabbage but not all the time. I don't chop and change their food either?

Me76 likes this.
  24. Calamity1971

The dog picks millys toys up and drops them in front of her to play as well. She never gets her claws out with sash but does with me? :confused:

25. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Idiot cat is his nickname. He has a proper name too. But we call him idiot cat (or the furry fuckwit).... Because he's an idiot. It's what we have called him for the five years we have had him- as he's fallen off things, got stuck on things, tried to make friends with a chair, decided the cat flap was a convenient-height window etc. He's a complete idiot.

UnderAnOpenSky, izz, Me76 and 2 others like this.
  26. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I wondered at first if it was change of diet because she was new- but it's at three months now and it's *gross*

She farts when she is upset too. And periodically wanders into the room, farts and wanders out again :confused: vet says she is fine..... it's a good thing she's cute

27. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

:confused:

28. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

I recovered the small chair in our room (in grey stripes, it wasn't even furry) and he tried to groom it, did lots of face rubbing and licking then meowed at it crossly for about three days. I put the chair in the spare room after a bit, he was driving me potty.

Libertad, trabuquera, Me76 and 4 others like this.
  29. Thora

Thora Differently Ethical

Got Daisy a fancy puzzle feeding tray - turns out she is not very bright :D
    IMG_20180130_121444.jpg

High Voltage, Me76, Signal 11 and 7 others like this.
  30. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

My late loancat had a creepy obsession with the fabric of a sofabed's interior - every time I unfolded it he'd be right in there and stay licking away at it for HOURS (with the fabric making creepy rasping noises) - I think it was the fishy/protein smell of fixative or upholsterer's glue.