1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

She doesn’t let me see her belly. Always sits on all fours.

SheilaNaGig likes this.
  2. SheilaNaGig

SheilaNaGig Struggling and striving

Ginger females are unusual. It’s a shame she won’t really be able to find a proper home there in Turkey.

3. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

i am very concerned for her

Calamity1971 likes this.
  4. seeformiles

seeformiles Lost in the wood

7079612D-A47D-4B36-8539-241DEAB7FA9E.jpeg Vic was very poorly this week after eating a “bad mouse”. Two expensive trips to the vet and a course of antibiotics later he’s back to his old self :)

5. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

There's a Siamese who lives just round the corner from me who is almost always there when I walk past, and always ecstatic to see me. This morning, he - I think it's a he, but I'm not certain - made a few pathetic mews before instantly rolling on his back for a tummy-tickle.

I can't quite understand why tummy-tickling is so enjoyable to some cats, but an anethema to others, including my own.

izz, donkyboy and bubblesmcgrath like this.
  6. Chz

Chz Stark Raving Sane

Bernard demonstrates why his original owner named him "Metro". His mankini. (He slept like that for a good hour or so; toes curling up so it must have been good dreams)

IMG_20180113_185451.jpg

7. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

"Hmm, I wonder what would happen if I pushed that thing towards the edge..."

Iron 2.JPG

Calamity1971, Manter, ddraig and 11 others like this.
  8. BigTom

BigTom Well-Known Member

Karl (tabby) and Rosa (white/black) this morning, Frida having a wash in the background.
    Karl is getting snipped and chipped on thursday, had catflap installed on Saturday, need to program it for Frida and teach her how to use it which might not be easy. Think Karl will be easiest to get programmed and get using it and he'll teach the others. Rosa planned to be speyed around the start of Feb so there should be a couple of weeks where they can go out and she can't.
    Rosa still very shy, doesn't come for food, can't get close enough to try handling her. Karl I think will be ok once he's a bit older and more independent from his mother. Frida doesn't come for strokes but wants them when I go to her.
    All the kittens who left are doing well, all with new cats and all getting on with them :)

karl rosa 15th Jan.jpg

9. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Received a book I ordered about cats which is very amusing. Includes chapters about how to talk to your cat about guns, drugs, internet safety, satanism etc :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

petee, KatyF, hegley and 3 others like this.
  10. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

[​IMG] I think my crazy wee cat has settled in

11. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

found quite a big claw on the floor bit concerned
    cat gets their claws stuck quite a bit
    do they come out more easily as they get older?
    thanks

12. donkyboy

donkyboy Crazy cat man

Looks like the Lords Prayer is being said...

13. izz

izz life's too short to be normal

Think it's probably normal, is the mog limping or in pain ? They need to sharpen their claws (apologies if you know this but claws kinda grow in layers and its the top layer they lose) but tend to do this less as they get older. Do they have access to a scratching post or outside (where they might scratch a tree our fence post or something) ?

E2a trimming claws is an easy job and painless for the cat-but not all of them are happy with it being done...

14. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

thanks
    i thought she was limping a while ago but not recently, she hardly goes out at all and not seen her do any scratching when out
    she does have a post that she doesn't seem to use, used to scratch the walls a bit but not seen evidence of that lately either
    mostly sleeps and mooches about the house to different sleeping spots

15. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

Cats wearing hats made from their own hair.

[​IMG]

izz, hegley, oryx and 6 others like this.
  16. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member