1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your daily cat and kitten news

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Mation, Oct 18, 2013.

1. AuntiStella

AuntiStella Really real.

it's very much expanded to 5. :-p

We did have homes for 2 back when we had 4 kitties. But the two dying means that we only had the one we were keeping anyway and the one that Rich had promised to a mate of his. The mate has since said he cant take a kitten after all and Rich wants to keep both. I also want to keep both.

2. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Stella, earlier:

[​IMG]

nogojones, bimble, oryx and 5 others like this.
  3. AuntiStella

AuntiStella Really real.

now i need this
    [​IMG]

nogojones, Miss-Shelf, bimble and 5 others like this.
  4. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Idiot cat is really clingy....

High Voltage likes this.
  5. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Don't let me go out there again. Don't.

6. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Little cat watching the sunset on next doors roof

Attached Files:

Miss-Shelf, Libertad, Me76 and 4 others like this.
  7. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

8. Vintage Paw

Never get cats (or dogs) from gumtree etc.

No matter how they dress it up, they are often bred in awful conditions for the money.

Go to a shelter. Fuck getting a posh breed when there are thousands of scrawny little fuckers desperate for a home and more besides suffering because there aren't enough places in shelters for them.

nogojones, TikkiB, stavros and 9 others like this.
  9. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

Can you afford four cats? Can you afford the insurance, the extra flea treatment, food etc. Can you afford to buy them different foods if they don't like yours? If you can afford it then go to a shelter, if not then don't.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Today's kitten pic
    upload_2017-4-22_22-22-42.png

11. UnderAnOpenSky

I can afford the extra running costs. I've got two rescue cats and love them to bits. It's really shallow but I really fancy a big cat. :oops:

12. Vintage Paw

I want a breed cat more than I can say.

But I won't get one unless there was one at a shelter. It's irresponsible.

13. Vintage Paw

Ziggy's gorgeous. He's got some great Denis Healy's going on.

14. bimble

bimble Is it Spring yet?

i love Ziggy and i cannot lie. He is ridiculous, in the best possible way. Cat sleeping belly up = the best thing eva.

Vintage Paw likes this.
  15. UnderAnOpenSky

Your right. Getting one of gum tree is a silly idea.

However my other half is open to the idea of another cat. :)

Vintage Paw and Me76 like this.
  16. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

There are breed cat rescues.

Cat Rescue Centres UK - Pedigree Cats - Adopt a Cat - Cat Chat

There are actually good reasons for getting a (ethical) breed cat (or dog)- you know what you are getting for a start. We wanted a house cat, we know ragdolls make good house cats; we knew there would be children in the house and we wanted a cat which was docile and loving and good with children- which ragdolls are. Our house is always full of people going to and fro so we wanted a sociable and chilled out cat which wouldn't be stressed by it all (he even likes building work - he is bonkers) We were very careful when we got him, (actually from a vet) because badly-bred ragdolls have a number of health issues. despite his escape escapade this week, I have never regretted getting him.

Before I got him people would talk about ragdoll personalities and I thought they were being a bit silly and twee. But they really are quite unusual and a lot of fun, as well as incredibly affectionate and a bit crazy.

But yeah- never get a pet off gumtree.

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  17. UnderAnOpenSky

Well yours is certainly gorgeous. No Maine Coons or Norwegian's available, but I'll keep looking. I'm not totally hung up on getting one of those breeds, but thought they would be fun.

On a more general point is it easier to introduce a kitten when you have existing cats rather then one that fully grown?

18. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Yes, in theory. But adult cats may bully the crap out of a kitten as opposed to coming to an uneasy truce with an adult.... best rescue centres help you decide how the cats will get on together (eg introductions, home visits etc)

19. UnderAnOpenSky

We don't have any worries about Odin. He's such a chilled out little fellow. Katness is more on the nervous/neurotic side so don't know how she would react. She was bit rough when we got Odin, but they were both tiny then, but they are both almost grown up now. One advantage with a Main Coon... It wouldnt take long till it was bigger then her!

20. UnderAnOpenSky

Katness this morning. She knows she shouldnt be on the counter, so goes sits on the window sill where she can't easily be removed.

IMG_20170423_104610462.jpg

21. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat vote proletaricat democracy

one source of rescues is retired breeding mum-kittehs. Think CRI may be able to offer an idea or two here, as think that's how Breeze (who doesn't feature enough on urban these days by the way) came their way.

not always reliable - when I lived with two fairly substantial mogs, there was a local black cat about half the size of either of them that would chase the two of them round the garden, and would occasionally manage to get in and steal their dinner...

trabuquera, Manter and UnderAnOpenSky like this.
  22. AuntiStella

AuntiStella Really real.

One kitten came up to greet me in bed this morning - Rich woke up on Friday with all 5 cats laying on him and the kittens were on his face :eek:

23. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Yeah, the neighbourhood thug-cat is a very pretty, tiny tabby. All the other cats are terrified of her

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  24. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

[​IMG]. This is thug-mog

petee, bi0boy, bubblesmcgrath and 8 others like this.
  25. UnderAnOpenSky

Got an evil glint in the eye :hmm:

AuntiStella likes this.
  26. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Yup. You don't mess

27. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Young Missy threw me a curve ball yesterday morning, as, for the first time since she started going outside about nine months ago, she managed to find her way around to the front door. I'm mid-terrace, third from the end, and until now she's always been happy with the back garden and those adjoining. Am I overly worried that she won't be able to find her way back to the cat flap?

28. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat vote proletaricat democracy

it's possible, although cats have quite a good homing instinct (hence her finding her way to the front door)

stavros likes this.
  29. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Normally she watches the birds but this morning she's spent 20 minutes intently observing each blossom petal that falls off the tree

e7.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    Puddy_Tat, High Voltage, izz and 5 others like this.
  30. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Ozzie seems to have regressed. Clothes are being dragged out of drawers, toys are being played with more and she's trying to get in places she used to be able to fit.