X Files is coming back. Poll

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by DotCommunist, Mar 24, 2015.

?

good idea\bad idea

1. good

56.8%
  2. bad

17.6%
  3. it was always shit

25.7%
  1. Leafster

Leafster From the FRow

I loved the original X-Files but, even with my knowledge of the back story, thought it was a bit too full-on crazy for a first episode. I'm willing to forgive it but I can see how someone new to the X-Files world might not take to it.

Vintage Paw and danny la rouge like this.
  2. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

Yesterday

mwgdrwg likes this.
  3. juice_terry

juice_terry Here is a man who would not take it anymore.

Watched the first 3 episodes already, not too bad tbh

4. Mr.Bishie

Mr.Bishie Casting his shadow weaving his spell

:mad:

Catch up tomorra then!

5. Mr.Bishie

C4? You'll have to excuse me, man flu. Can't see it on catch up yet?

6. Leafster

Leafster From the FRow

It's on Channel 5

Mr.Bishie likes this.
  7. Mr.Bishie

Leafster likes this.
  8. Reno

Reno The In Kraut

I think there is a repeat this week.

9. Mr.Bishie

Got it on catch up now i'm on the right feckin channel :)

10. chandlerp

chandlerp Well-Known Member

I have never seen the X-Files. I've just downloaded the entire lot in full HD and started watching this afternoon. I'm on episode 2 and liking it so far

11. The Octagon

The Octagon Stop...Hammertime

Just caught up on Episode 4

Didn't enjoy it as much as the others, felt rushed and with enough concepts for at least 2 or 3 episodes, rather than one.

The whole Scully subplot was weirdly disjointed and her family dramas just weren't that interesting.

The main story was so-so, with some excellent touches - the flashlights and 'X' formed by the beams :cool:, some uber-gory violence and a suitably monstrous presence tempered with comedy (the incongruous slaughter soundtracked by Petula Clark :D).

Overall, meh, but with enough moments to not lose my interest entirely.

My housemate, on the other hand, fell asleep 2/3 of the way through.

12. Sea Star

Sea Star peace and love; peace and love

Man! I envy you! Though not so much if you intend to keep watching after season 3. :hmm:

13. Sea Star

Sea Star peace and love; peace and love

I watched Episode 4 last tuesday and can't remember any of it. :facepalm:

14. Michael Hayward

Michael Hayward Active Member

No-one talking about Episode 5? I would have expected a major Religious Controversy with it!

15. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

Tim Armstrong out of Rancid was in it for some reason. Other than that it all felt a bit meh.

Episode five was much more interesting, all over the place in terms of tone but the X Files has always done that. It feels like a show that everyone is enjoying making, I hope they keep it going after this short series.

16. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Straight for Servalan

Have I not reviewed this yet? I felt sure I had. Must've mistakenly submitted my opinion as a review of the vitamin pills I ordered of Amazon last week :facepalm:

Load of old shite.

If you're gonna pretend to be series ten, and that the events of nine previous series are cannon, then you can't fucking pick and choose. Why wasn't the world destroyed four years ago? How and why has CGB survived a fourth and (his) most unequivocal death? Shouldn't be surprised, what with CC making it up as he went along, I mean, what become of the second mythology? Contradicted the first, and was written out for the sake of the third - which was at least a logical continuation of the first.

"You're really close" - sorry, who the fuck are you? Mulder spent series eight onboard a UFO, Scully was repeatedly abducted by aliens and experimented upon (by human scientists) leading to her developing cancer and giving birth to a telekinetic baby. She now seems entirely fine with the whole situation and is infuriated by Mulder's conspiratorial nonsense :confused:

After all that, I think I would have prefered an actual reboot.

emanymton and bi0boy like this.
  17. SpookyFrank

Yeah the stuff with Mulder still not being sure about whether there are aliens or not seems a bit silly, considering all the alien-related shit that's happened to him. I don't really have a problem with them just sacking off the later bits of the old mythology though, as the show had grown really boring by that point and I don't really remember what was going on anyway. The mythology has always been a muddled, contradictory mess.

TBH I was worried they were going to spend this whole series painstakingly trying to unpick and reconcile all the stuff from the previous nine series, which would have been doomed to fail and wouldn't have been any fun to watch anyway.

18. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

just made me fancy some shrooms tbh

Pseudopsycho likes this.
  19. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

2nd ep was good...

20. mentalchik

mentalchik "Time doth flit, oh shit"

I'm cautiously liking it so far......

21. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

Much better than expected. Ep 2 especially.

22. SpookyFrank

They don't actually have that effect. You don't have prophetic visions or see things that aren't there. Stuff just looks a bit weird for a while, things that aren't moving look like they might be moving and at some point you will probably start to laugh uncontrollably.

They have the best comedown of any drug though. You just feel a bit daft and a bit happy the next day, and the world looks slightly prettier than usual.

23. Johnny Vodka

Johnny Vodka The Abominable Scotsman

Sorry, but 'comedy' x-files episodes are shit.

24. Vintage Paw

Vintage Paw dead stare and computer glare

Apart from the awful trans stuff, I really liked that episode. Good fun. x-files ringtone, lol.

Sea Star and mentalchik like this.
  25. pesh

pesh Well-Known Member

it's as shit as it's always been. i'm loving it.

26. Vintage Paw

I managed to see some spoilers from the final episode that aired in the US last night.

Crikey.

27. mentalchik

mentalchik "Time doth flit, oh shit"

and....cough.....himself in some red pants

28. Vintage Paw

:oops:

29. Vintage Paw

I can always count on mentalchik to have the right priorities when it comes to the x-files.

mentalchik likes this.
  30. Michael Hayward

Michael Hayward Active Member

Was that really the end? Is there another part next week (or tomorrow/today) I don't see?!?!

Sorry, I'm a day behind on episodes than the Americans - Just watched Episode 6 a day late!