workers get $12 an hour and boss gets over $11,000,000 an hour

Discussion in 'world politics, current affairs and news' started by prosperity4all, Sep 8, 2018.

1. prosperity4all

prosperity4all New Member

2. A380

A380 How do I change this 'custom title' thing then?

3. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

$12 an hour is surely the (surprisingly high) lowest hourly wage of an Amazon worker in the US. There are Amazon workers on far less in the UK and I bet their Indian call centre workers make far far less.

4. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

This inequality is world wide. RT.....compare multi billionaire Russian oligarchs income to the lowest paid Russians. Bezos needs a tax increase but Trump & Co gave his "liberal" enemy a huge tax cut. BTW, whenever I call Amazon I get US call centers which is surprising. Same with Apple. Call HP and I usually get the Philippines. Other co's tech support is usually India, Pakistan and sometimes Mexico.

keithy likes this.
  5. Mrs D

Mrs D cooks the best FEB on Urban75

That’s a big hourly wage. I assume he has to clock in and out. It must be tempting to take a few extra seconds to leave the office each day.

not-bono-ever, Fez909, danski and 7 others like this.
  6. TheHoodedClaw

TheHoodedClaw acknowledging ur soup leg

The distribution centre nearest me in Dunfermline is currently offering day-shift agency positions at £8 an hour. I'm pretty sure that that's less than this time last year - which given their utterly, utterly toxic local reputation as an employer is a bold recruitment strategy. I know some of the advisers at the nearest job centre are as reluctant to push as they can get away with when Amazon are recruiting "It's not for everyone" etc.

On the other hand I know a few folk who are happy to do the better-paid night shifts for four or five months a year. There's time-and-a-half and double-time OT available whenever you want it in the winter months. 60 hours a week, though, but it finances a more relaxed summer...

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  7. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

it's about the same as the uk living wage. The big campgain is for $15 ph, similar to the UK campaign being £10ph.

It's not a 'big' hourly wage at all

NoXion likes this.
  8. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Hmmm... maybe there's an alternative retailer out there to buy from <Googles>...

9. joustmaster

joustmaster offcumdun

They better offer same day delivery at no extra cost

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  10. TomUS

TomUS non-resident

Zappos.com is good. Free shipping on deliveries and returns. But...it's owned by....Amazon.

11. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman It's all good, man

Shop floor worker in ' Earns less that CEO" shocker!

12. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

If he goes for a shit that’s a million dollars for just hovering over the porcelain.
    He should be made to clock out and in at the toilets.

MickiQ likes this.
  13. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

Not 'high' just higher than I would have guessed and higher than workers in other countries.

NoXion likes this.
  14. 8ball

8ball Up to something

His hourly rate isn't based on clocking in or out. It's just that every day he is 268 million dollars richer.
    A billion dollars in less than four days. Based on the first 250 days of this year so far.

I like the idea proposed in the article of a tax on companies equal to the amount of money the companies’ employees receive from federal welfare programs such as food stamps or Medicaid.

15. MickiQ

MickiQ Well-Known Member

Bezos salary is a very modest $82K a year the $11m an hour is the growth in the value of his shares which is a slightly daft metric, if Amazon's value shrinks then he could very well actually
    havr a negative salary without changing the basic fact that there is a single individual whose income is greater than that of 70% of the worlds nations.

The above is the best idea I have ever seen for tackling in work poverty, it would be even better in this country where we have the public purse paying housing benefits and tax credits to people with full time jobs
    The state is essentially underwriting exploitation of its own citizens.

16. gentlegreen

gentlegreen sproutarian

Stealth spambot

17. Yuwipi Woman

Yuwipi Woman Whack-A-Mole Queen

I just don't get that mindset. The money is coming in so fast, there's no way to spend it. Why would anyone need more and more and more?

I've looked at what Amazon is doing at Whole Foods. They've taken a fairly decent place to work, and turned it into a shitehole. Bezos could do so much good with all that money and he's still making other people miserable to get more.

It's a sickness.

mojo pixy, NoXion and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  18. Yuwipi Woman

I like that idea too. They shouldn't be able to socialize their costs on the backs of the taxpayers, while privatizing the profits.

NoXion likes this.
  19. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Maybe he's saving up for something nice.

20. Yuwipi Woman

Something nice, red and shiney. Like the entire planet of Mars.

MickiQ likes this.
  21. 8ball

8ball Up to something

Or maybe a Death Star.

MickiQ likes this.
  22. Yuwipi Woman

Ok. I can see that. Who wouldn't want their own Death Star?

MickiQ likes this.
  23. imposs1904

imposs1904 Thread Killa'

I bet it's 'job and knock'.

24. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes