work frustrations

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by Pingu, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

What will you do?

2. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

Get signed off for six weeks (GP already said they would do this) and send a letter making it clear to HR that I expect them to expedite the appeal meeting, but it is detrimental to my mental health to the point I fear a breakdown, expecting me to come to work every day whilst they try to sort themselves out. Seeing as it took them four months to get to this point...

3. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

:facepalm::facepalm: what a nightmare (well, hopefully with Plan B it won't be).

equationgirl likes this.
  4. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

Can you withdraw the appeal?

5. equationgirl

If I do, I may not be able to take them to tribunal at a later date.

6. existentialist

existentialist Running out of ways it could get worse

They really are determined to explore the furthest reaches of cuntbubbledom...

7. equationgirl

Yes, yes they are.

8. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat meh

:mad:

that does ring a bell - i think that to go to a tribunal, you have to have gone through the internal processes (or at least can show that you have tried) first

is there any chance this might balls up the chance of new job?

9. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

That's odd - when I got booted from a large firm of consulting engineers, my three months SIL / Gardening Leave started from the following Monday - and I made several trips in specifically to attend various meetings and appeals (all fruitless efforts). The first to last one took about three weeks, and I went back for a leaving do for someone else about a week before the end of my three months - to find my desk heaped up with the work I could have done and a library in worse chaos than when I started there ...

10. equationgirl

Puddy_Tat if I don't get a break, that would probably screw things up

StoneRoad spoke to union official and he said much the same thing.

11. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Following my outburst at a manager on Tuesday (see another thread) I got hauled in by bigger manager today. Weak attempt to haul me across the coals, don't think he was that impressed by my reiteration of my position. Like I give a fuck.

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread? Perhaps the 'chuffed' thread? Left his little meeting and explained to fellow staff what had happened. (He'd effectively threatened me and told me to keep quiet). Fellow staff extremely supportive and certainly gave more fucks than I. Which was nice (the supportive bit).

If there is frustration it's at the consequences for the kids and the school at management's inability to manage.

Funny addendum. Accidentally opened a door into original manager's face later this afternoon. No blood but will try harder next time.

12. existentialist

Start making a point of shoulder charging all doors, just to be on the safe side :thumbs:

equationgirl and planetgeli like this.
  13. planetgeli

You may jest but this is kind of what happens. As you know I work in a PRU. All doors have to be opened by fob. And you naturally ‘aim’ the fob and look at that, rather than the door. Which you (well me) do shoulder charge or kick. Likesay, better luck next time.

14. existentialist

Teehee. And PRU doors were just *made* to be shoulder charged :D

TBF, most of the doors in "my" PRU used to have to be rehung on a fairly regular basis - usually because the frames were detaching from the masonry. And they were *cough* terribly solid doors...

equationgirl likes this.
  15. planetgeli

You know it.

sorearm and equationgirl like this.
  16. equationgirl

First week of leave done. Appeal meeting next week but we all know nothing will change. Then after that I can lodge the claim and hand it over to the lawyer.

I'm sleeping a bit better already :)

Solidarity fistbump to those experiencing work frustrations. Onwards comrades.

17. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

So I leave work in 18 days or so due to redundancy which had meant a nice lie in mostly.

The only down side is training my replacement who it is starting to seem like has never dealt with computers before.

"We can't add a server to an SSD because not enough space, please advise" is an odd question to ask. Especially as there's no indication why they need to do so as the environment is already built.

Still it's mostly limited to the odd email at least.

equationgirl and tommers like this.
  18. Mr Smin

Mr Smin Registered Luser

I used to think redundancy meant your job no longer exists. Sounds like yours just moved abroad. Were you offered the option to move with it?

19. MickiQ

MickiQ Well-Known Member

This has the distinct ring of a job that has been cheapshored, best approach is a blank look.
    "Documentation? There was some documentation you say?"

equationgirl and existentialist like this.
  20. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

Had one team member on sabbatical for 8 weeks so there have been 3 of us doing 4 jobs.

Another person has been on holiday for two weeks and I was away week before last., so there have been a couple of days where one person was covering everything.

Decided to give that person a free day off to say thanks as the other team member would be back to help cover.

She got back from holiday, worked from home yesterday and called in sick today. :mad:

21. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Its buggered off up to Glasgow, yes we were offered the chance to move with it and of 250 people in the back office about 2 of them said yes.

I was not one of them.

equationgirl and MickiQ like this.
  22. equationgirl

I think I'm free now, had appeal meeting yesterday, won't ever have to go back there again. My anxiety has been pretty bad all week so knowing I never have to go back will help.

23. existentialist

The trouble with having so many jobs is that, so long as there are additional demands/crises in only one of them, it's fine. I'm currently fielding out-of-band issues in THREE out of the four that require thought, consideration, and lots of email writing. It's a bit overwhelming, to say the least. On top of domestic stuff, which rather elegantly weaves itself into quite a lot of the work-related stuff in such a way as to multiply up the complexities.

I need a rest!

UnderAnOpenSky and equationgirl like this.
  24. equationgirl

Can you take a break, even for a few days, to recharge your batteries?

25. dervish

dervish if you flibble when you wibble, don't wobble

So happy that your finally out of that toxic place equationgirl.

We are having a IT re-organisation at the moment, this is supposed to mean that everything will be better, we will have Office 365, exchange online and windows 10. This has meant that head office have spent the last few months trying to take as many responsibilities and permissions away from us as possible. So far they have taken total control of group policies, desktop setups, and have just announced that they are taking local admin rights away from us, (a large proportion of our work is desktop support). Every single announcement from them so far has been met with a response from us as to how it's either not going to work/create a load of extra work for us/create a load of extra work for them, guess which ideas have been modified after our input?

UnderAnOpenSky and equationgirl like this.
  26. existentialist

Term finishes in 2 weeks, so that's 2 of them out of the way. Ish. But yes, I'm planning a burnout-prevention break in early July ..

equationgirl likes this.
  27. MickiQ

MickiQ Well-Known Member

going to go out on a limb here and guess you've been totally ignored?

28. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Are they preparing the ground to make you redundant?

29. StoneRoad

StoneRoad heckling from the back!

Having missed the pre-TT timing slot to get something from the Isle of Man, they are still shunting dates about atm, which is frustrating.
    On top of that, very sadly, the incredibly nice guy who was project manager popped his clogs on Sunday night / Monday morning.

30. equationgirl

So who will be doing the support work? I lost count of how many times I needed IT to remote access my machine to fix stuff (usually the same thing repeatedly but I digress).

Are they looking at outsourcing??

existentialist likes this.