work frustrations

Discussion in 'education & employment' started by Pingu, Mar 7, 2012.

1. iona

iona makes George Orwell look like a dalek

I'm just fitting people's posts to the format for lols (and procrastination :thumbs:), I'm not sure there's any more to "get" in this case.

a_chap and equationgirl like this.
  2. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Know where you are coming from, except that on the whole me and my colleagues hate the shit equally and look after each other as much as we can. Even in the private sector there is solidarity.

3. 8ball

8ball Considerably more oppressed than yow

Well, the cheapest possible kind of solidarity at least.

Though tbf my team totally blindsided management this year by being way more solid than they expected when one of us was threatened with redundancy.

equationgirl and mx wcfc like this.
  4. Puddy_Tat

Puddy_Tat lumpen proletaricat

blargh blargh blargh blargh blargh
    blargh blargh blargh blargh blargh blargh blargh
    blargh blargh blargh blargh blargh

will that do?

equationgirl and iona like this.
  5. Ax^

Ax^ Silly Rabbit

*shakes fist at customers*

fuck off already its almost Christmas

:mad::mad:

equationgirl and Pickman's model like this.
  6. extra dry

extra dry Happy to be here

I got a nice surprize, the other members of staff did the wrapping. The weekend isn't that difficult as we have cover available. Just need to find two new teachers.

7. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

It's a bit shit. I've got 100 people who I did my best for and now they have to answer to Fuck wits who have no idea what they are doing

8. Winot

Winot I wholeheartedley agree with your viewpoint

Did you sell the company?

9. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

Argument at work about getting new vans one of the drivers distant relatives is nationwide head of sales for vauxhall offered to give the bloke a ring .
    Nobody in the office has taken him up on the offer :facepalm:
    Somebodys trying to replace the transit vans with small vans to save money except we have 3 man teams :hmm: you can see the idiots plans from here :rolleyes:.
    But we have £500000 for skyguard a personal gps alarm system because if somebody attacks you pressing a button is really going to help:hmm:

10. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

agreed that i would be getting paid from Agency today for the last 3 week, to ensure xmas goes smoothly only to be told the umbrella company has the money but no remittence has been sent so they cant allocate payment, called agency and the accounts lady is on leave, so there could well be a possibility that i dont get paid today , that's xmas fucked then.

It just as well I checked as this happened at the end of last month but the accounts lady was in and was able to sort it, I'm not sure anyone else has access , there are some very strongly worded conversations coming up.

equationgirl and Pickman's model like this.
  11. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

give them hell :mad:

ruffneck23 likes this.
  12. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

ruffneck23 likes this.
  13. ruffneck23

its not looking likely , finance director cant find the remittance and the person who fucked up isnt answering their phone

14. ruffneck23

looks like its going to be sorted, funnily enough after i threatened to come down to the agency

muscovyduck likes this.
  15. likesfish

Opps walked off with the keys now have access to all of brighton and hove flats communal areas and random lock ups where the council store stuff until wedesaday anyways :D:facepalm:

ruffneck23 likes this.
  16. existentialist

existentialist Danced on by a twerking bee

Make sure they don't decide to put you on the callout list because you happen to have the keys :eek:

equationgirl likes this.
  17. likesfish

Can't drive :D so thats sorted

equationgirl and existentialist like this.
  18. equationgirl

Excellent :D

likesfish likes this.
  19. Harry Smiles

Harry Smiles Well-Known Member

Nope, just left the job

20. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Just started a new permanent full time job, so am sure to find something objectionable to complain about soon. I seem to have six bosses, so I'm sure it will be sooner rather than later. Good old public sector!

21. equationgirl

Happy New Year thread!

My employer has just announced more redundancies - looks like it's contractors being let go on projects that are finishing - through the media. I saw them on Facebook, checked with a colleague and there were no announcements at work today which is good, but FFS.

They always do bad stuff on a Friday.

22. Puddy_Tat

have you ever actually seen your HR director?

are they a red, cynical, bespectacled cat by any chance?

[​IMG]

hope this goes well for you, either way.

would being paid to leave be that bad an option?

23. equationgirl

Doesn't look like it will be my department to be honest, but it's so typical of my employer to do this.

I do know the new HR director, haven't seen him for a while so he might be dressing all in red now.

24. Orang Utan

This week I got a new job.
    This week I got told I'll have to reapply for my job soon.
    (I was actually informed this on the day I started)

25. Puddy_Tat

:( :mad:

i am probably stating the bleeding obvious, but i take it you've joined the union?

if the aim of the exercise is to cut jobs, this is legally a redundancy situation. (TUC 'worksmart' page about such things here) and unfortunately, it's going to be cheaper for them to get rid of someone who's too new in the job to qualify for redundancy pay than someone with long service (on the other hand, they might be trying to get more senior staff on higher grades to go)

blargh

equationgirl likes this.
  26. equationgirl

I is one of the union reps, joined the rep committee a year ago, to support colleagues in the last redundancy.

;)

27. Puddy_Tat

i was asking OU but :)

if the threat of redundancies do get to your department, you may want to seek advice from branch office (or whatever) about getting involved - there's the risk of being accused of having a conflict of interests (or of management trying to buy you off) if you're personally involved. If it's the sort of situation where a whole department / workplace is threatened with closure, it's easier than if you're in a situation where X number of jobs is being reduced to Y.

28. equationgirl

My apologies. But I agree, if you're not in a union join one Orang Utan.

29. Orang Utan

Haven't joined yet but got a pack with some forms last week that I need to fill out.
    It's a choice between Unison or Unite though, maybe I'll join both

30. Puddy_Tat

Not sure if joining two unions is something that's common, or an entirely good idea (not sure if it may even be against the rules of some unions)

If one of the two unions is formally 'recognised' in your workplace for your sort of job / grade, and the other isn't, it usually makes sense to join the recognised one. If both are recognised and one has considerably more people in your workplace, it's usually better to go for that one.