1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woodland Under Threat -- Attention those who enjoy walking in the Surrey Hills

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by kabbes, Jun 29, 2010.

1. kabbes

kabbes "A top 400 poster"

Write to the CAA! Because like Dan sez, they've changed the fight paths on a trial period and it's fucking everything up good and proper. So the CAA need to know.

Greebo likes this.
  2. Will do.

Won't use company headed paper though ;)

3. kabbes

Public Inquiry 2 -- the return of the Public kicks off on Weds 22 April at Dorking Halls. Please come if you can and show your support. See www.lhag.org.uk for more information.

In other news, the world has gone oil mad with this Gatwick find. LHAG are being asked for interviews all over the BBC. Bizarre world.

4. kabbes

5. It's fucking batshit. This alone should mean no drilling for fucking oil: Surrey Hills AONB

Area of outstanding natural beauty.

Rocket surgery it ain't.

6. kabbes

Greebo likes this.
  7. He sounds like a bit of a dick tbf.

:p

kabbes likes this.
  8. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

HGV route In its evidence to the inquiry, Europa has described Coldharbour Lane as an established HGV route. Mr Nolan told the inquiry this was untrue because there was a width restriction of 6ft 6” on the road.

That quote is gold. Have they even driven down that road?!

Great comments from the mysterious Mr Nolan. Forensic

Greebo, kabbes and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  9. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Is it on on Friday btw kabbes? Am wfh some might come and lend support.

Greebo likes this.
  10. dessiato

dessiato Philippians 4:8

I use to live on Boxhill. If I was still there I'd be protesting as much as possible. This area must be saved because of its amazing beauty.

Good luck to the protesters, lets hope you succeed.

Greebo, kabbes and Dan U like this.
  11. Exactly, stunning countryside right on London's doorstep.

Greebo and dessiato like this.
  12. dessiato

I used to do a bit of foraging up the hill too, lots of great free hedgerow food, and the wildlife was amazing. The views towards Brighton on a good day...too much to lose.

Greebo likes this.
  13. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

I went on a tour of Denbies on the land train with my lad at the weekend. The views from the top of the vineyard near the owners house are fucking stunning. You can see Leith hill tower right across to Kent and round to Box hill

I Googled the owner when I got home and he has a somewhat colourful and controversial past as the owner of Biwater

Greebo and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  14. kabbes

Wrapping up on Friday, likely all witnesses finished by end Weds and there will be a site visit all day Thurs.

Come along, that would be great!

Greebo and Dan U like this.
  15. We had a lovely walk a couple of weeks ago, Ranmore Common down through Denbies and over to the stepping stones, then in to the Stepping Stones pub. Behind Denbies there's a phone mast that's been made to look like a tree, was pretty convincing too.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    Greebo likes this.
  16. dessiato

I'll be there in spirit. If it was near enough I'd be there to protest for sure.

Greebo likes this.
  17. Can you ensure that there are no forestry operations on Thursday?

18. kabbes

Fat chance! The only time they do it is on Inspector site visits, the bastards.

19. Sounds about right!

Really well done to you kabbes for taking on this fight, you, Mrs kabbes and all those in LHAG have done a tremendous job so far, even the strange Mr Nolan deserves some credit. Everything crossed that sense is seen.

Quartz, Dan U, kabbes and 1 other person like this.
  20. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Good luck, if I was still South of the river I'd love to take a trip out there

Greebo likes this.
  21. Lovely latest newsletter kabbes, I know your granny doesn't need to be told how to suck eggs and I really can't see how it will go in Europa's favour, but as Mr N acknowledges it still could go wonky.Everything crossed and if Sepp has had a hand in proceedings I'm well up for some direct action.

kabbes likes this.
  22. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

Bahnhof Strasse likes this.
  23. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

What they done?

24. the Inspector found in favour of Europa Oil and Gas's appeal

CUNTS

25. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

je suis the surrey hills.

:(

26. Really struggling to think of a more inappropriate place to drill for oil. And there really is no way that large numbers of trucks going up the hill won't damage those ancient lanes.

Perhaps lots of cheap, old, but legal cars parked in spots to frustrate lorries, kabbes ?

27. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

28. sim667

sim667 Licking windows on the 303 bus.

Does that mean they're going to proceed?

Are there any links, or reports about whats going on at the moment?