1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Green chitter-chatter..

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by Hollis, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Interesting - I mean I guess the extra-terrestrials could be checking out Ally Pally. It seems logical.

2. Upchuck

Upchuck Banned Banned

Was down the Green tonight. There is a funny river effect down the hill from the right whenever there is heavy rain. There were a few women in pumps who fell victim to the torrent. I was in sneakers.

3. Streathamite

Streathamite ideological dogmatist

my local when In lived on frobisher road and a legendary droogs bar, back in the day. successful when the scuzziest bar for miles around, the change of ownership sealed iots' doom when they decided to turn it intoa 'sports bar'and go all respectable. :(:mad:

4. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

I was checking out the new kerb outside the station- looks like they've got it prepared for the shinjuku style crossing later. :cool:

5. Streathamite

news to report for all those who need to buy lunchtime sarnie in Wood Green! The caff at the back of WG shopping city (estern side of the high st) is pretty damn good! scrumptious smoked salmon, salad, sundried toms on a large bap, tasted great, all for just £3.00. good cuppas too - you just walk to the back of Shopping Shitty, and then veer right.

6. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Heads up on the Magnum offer in Morrisons. £1.94 for 3 magnums + BOGOF. That's about 33p a magum!! Choice of classic, almond and white chocolate.

7. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

8. keithy

keithy or queefy

It's still open though innit. It's the place I was going to kidnap/liberate the guinea pigs from.

The animals there are all depressed and miserable looking. They have problems with rats. Not a nice place :(

9. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

Ethical locally sourced pets they told me :mad:

10. keithy

keithy or queefy

...they keep kittens in a tank.

11. Streathamite

It's a weird little market that. Then again, the caff at the back's OK

12. keithy

keithy or queefy

tis good for cheap veg :)

13. Streathamite

v true, and the butcher's good

14. pinkmonkey

pinkmonkey 2.4 hour party person

and for mangy, feral cats....

15. Ron Merlin

Ron Merlin All about the anatomical snuff box.

The Buckingham Road bridge over the railway line isn't even finished yet, and it's being criticised for being a "mugger's tunnel". They might have a point. Hornsey Journal story.

16. Streathamite

btw, everyone beware the offie/spar mimimart that's 3 shops along on the right from the tube entrance, on Lordship Lane. pushy young bloke in there tried to sting me yesterday

17. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Your gonna have to give specifics if you're making accusations about Spar.

18. Boycey

Boycey juvenile rave slut

i was offered cocaine by a passer by shortly after leaving cineworld last night... weeeird :hmm:

19. keithy

keithy or queefy

what kind of passer by was it? It was probably a trick so they could smash your branes in and take your moneys

20. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Must look the type. Never been offered bugger all. An ecstasy pill at Finsbury Park once.. go figure, need it in that place. :(

21. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Massive house party going on out the back last night.. cocaine fuellled laughter all the way to 6 am. Disgusting. Thank god it stopped then. The Heavy Metal household two doors down have got a gazeebo up, so maybe they're gonna start later.. still Motorhead is preferable to hip-hop.

22. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Just missed Strethamite on the tube.. I was on the up escalator. He was on the down. Interesting.

23. Streathamite

greeting me isn't illegal, you know

24. keithy

keithy or queefy

I wouldn't recognise either of you

25. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

Me neither. On another note the staff in TK MAX appear to believe that the air con is only broken and will be fixed a some point, good luck with that.

26. Streathamite

another cracking sarnie find! In the mini-arcade at the back of t'library. cheap and good. you heard it here first.

27. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

I'm afraid you had just got on the escalator and were lookin' in the opposite direction, and I was just getting off the escalator as I noticed. Would have caused a major scene.

28. Streathamite

fair play to the slaphead!:p

29. Ron Merlin

Ron Merlin All about the anatomical snuff box.

Less Wood Green, more Ally Pally, but this morning I saw a discarded empty bottle of organic beer by the station. Better class of litter lout up our way, clearly.

:hmm: at self.

You will also be excited to hear that the bridge reinforcement is NEARLY FINISHED! :D

30. Hollis

Hollis bloody furious

Pretty exciting that bridge reinforcement. Though it can't compete with the on-going pavement development programme outside the tube. :)

I think I might go for an afternoon stroll up to Wood Green Civic Centre, check out the entrance foyer.