1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Women's fitness and beginner's football training in Brockwell Park!

Discussion in 'Brixton Noticeboard' started by women's footy, May 19, 2017.

1. women's footy

women's footy New Member

Hi ladies!

My husband and I are setting up a non-competitive weekly beginners football training session.

Did you know?

• Playing football is better for women than running (Telegraph 04 October 2009)
    • Football is medicine for women with high blood pressure (Women's Health 29 January 2017)
    • Football training in women can improve physical fitness, stimulate bone growth and lower body fat (Professor Peter Krustrup from Exeter University)
    • Footbal is the way to women's fitness (Professor Lykke Friis University of Copenhagen)
    • UEFA: Football Shows links between football and self-confidence (BBC Sport May 17 2017)
    • Women footballers are tougher than men, research finds (Telegraph 26 January 2011
    • Despite the game’s excitement, football can help reduce tension, anxiety and depression (This Girl Can 2017)

Find your new favourite sport!

My husband used to be semi-pro and I am a total beginner! But, I'd like to get fit and learn a new skill whilst making the most of the beautiful Brockwell Park.

It's only £5 per session, so much cheaper than a gym or personal trainer - and the first two sessions are free. The money only pays for the equipment such as balls, cones, vests etc.

We plan to play every Wednesday for 1 hour between 7-8.
    20 mins fitness
    20 mins skills
    20 mins play

Get in touch if you want to improve your fitness and make friends in a non-judgemental, non-cliquey and fun environment!

2. Smangus

Smangus comatose at a desk

Don't forget to bring a pump, waste of time with flat balls.

3. Cloggy

Cloggy New Member

Hi, sent you a pm about attending the football sessions.