Woking vs Dulwich Hamlet, 3pm, 15th Sept 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Lucy Fur, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

lovely spectacles

2. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great research on Woking attendance
    Given that we were getting over 2,000 on a Saturday at Champion Hill on a regular basis think we know about crowds
    and know how to treat away fans with respect

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

5. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

What exactly did one of our supporters do that would have justified "a slap"? Bearing in mind there was no segregation at Welling, Chelmsford, Bath or Slough, all of which had well over 100 Hamlet supporters in crowds of over 850, and none of the home fans at any of those matches took offence at any of our supporters. It sounds like it's the delicate Woking supporters who need to be isolated from visiting fans in case they get upset by people cheering another team or celebrating a goal against Woking. Personally I've been to around 2,000 Hamlet games, no more than a handful of which have been segregated, without anyone giving me "a slap" so I reckon I can probably take care of myself.

Dulwich Mishi and editor like this.
  6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Listen to the Rabble on both TV highlights packages - Fantastic

7. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

To be fair, that's just a handful of dickheads on their forum. Most of them are probably alright. Who knows though, what with us not being allowed to meet any of the fuckers.

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Same at Chelsea. The only premier league ground where this the case.

9. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Expand please, remember you're already on a yellow card.

B.I.G and editor like this.
  10. Pink Panther

The trouble with clubs like Woking is that the result becomes the only thing that matters. We lost at Welling, we lost at Bath, the results were disappointing but I still enjoyed the day out. If you take all the enjoyment out of the matchday experience, and then you lose, the whole day instantly becomes crap.

Cyclodunc, editor and StephenMac like this.
  11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yep. The result was just about the only thing I enjoyed about Woking. We were all shunted along one end with no roof (so not much noise), with no prospect of getting behind the goal (so no goalie fun), with no booze (no fun) and a panoply of sour-faced cunty bouncers doing their best to inject as much dour misery as possible into proceedings.

The result was bloody incredible, but I've had far better days out overall when we've drawn or lost.

Pink Panther likes this.
  12. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Why exactly is it disappointing? It's simply a basic simple chant that's been around for decades. Are you saying it shouldn't be sung at our games, if anyone ever starts it up? Never mind 'henchmen stewards' at Woking, how about you volunteer to lead the 'singing police' at our games?
    Personally I'd rather hear that than the irritating jangling of keys at corners, and the monotonous shouting of "It's coming keeper" all through the game. Each to their own...

Harry R and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

So you prefer to hear the exact same things that are heard at every ground across the country? As you say, each to their own.

14. Dulwich Mishi

I'd rather hear none of the three, to be honest...but I'm not going to go all 'football chant snobby' by criticising something that's heard up and down the country...

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'd say it's more about whether you think it's cool to abuse a keeper or not. I'm not into calling a keeper 'shit', but each to their own, eh?

16. Dulwich Mishi

Are you really saying, or impling that nobody calls a keeper shit, or similar, at Dulwich games? Or match officials? Time to kick anyone out who swears, maybe?

17. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Let me put what I said in bold and in big text so you won't have to misquote or misrepresent it again:

"I'm not into calling a keeper 'shit', but each to their own, eh?"

Personally, I'd be disappointed if the entire Rabble called the keeper shit every time he took a kick.

Cyclodunc likes this.
  18. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Is it not true that Chelsea is the only football ground where segregation is in place?

Surely where Woking get it from :D

19. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Most of the keepers we had this season havs been fucking criminals according to some :D

Cyclodunc likes this.
  20. YTC

YTC Human Man

URBAN BABY

crocustim, Latahs, Cyclodunc and 2 others like this.
  21. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Yellow card please

22. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Are you with the Sour Faced Cunty Bouncers Protection League?

23. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Pretty certain there's segregation in every league ground down the the conference no? As for bouncers and stewards, most of those I've seen at Chelsea have been fucking useless rather than surly.

B.I.G likes this.
  24. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

Segregation is just part of football as you go up the leagues, pointless at this level though nobody wants to knock each other out they just want abit of lager and some Bacon Fries you’d think common sense would prevail.

I seem to be in the minority here but I’d always take a win over a ‘lovely day out’ and a bad result... don’t really understand that but each to their own, it doesn’t seem to affect people’s passion at the games though so fair play to you.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  25. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I obviously want us to win every game, but not at the expense of a thoroughly miserable matchday experience, which I suspect would be the norm once you hit the heady heights of the Conference.

The beauty of non league football for me is that you're usually free to enjoy the match and explore the ground however you like, rather then be shunted into one end and having no contact with any of the home fans. As a former Cardiff fan I know all about segregation, heavy handed stewarding and fans shouting abuse at each other for 90 mins and I'm really, really over that.

Ronco, bkbk and Pink Panther like this.
  26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You are right :D

27. Pink Panther

Is there any reason why we can't have both? Obviously we all want to see the team win when we go to an away game, but it's not always going to happen, and when you go to somewhere miserable like Woking and lose there's nothing else about the day to soften the blow.

All the other clubs we've visited so far have managed to be hospitable and welcoming so I don't understand why it's a problem for Woking to do the same.

B.I.G and editor like this.
  28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

If we'd lost at Woking it would have registered as one of my worst ever Hamlet trips. Such a hideous matchday experience but good for S&M football fans maybe.

29. gnar182

Yeah, as someone who was/is also a regular attendee and supporter of a league and later premier league side (albeit Bournemouth is nowhere near the supporter intensity of Cardiff) I appreciate what you’re saying and I suppose it’s personal preference and whether you enjoy that environment.

Genuine question though, if you (or any others with similar mentality) felt the match day experience would be hindered say when we’re in League 2 when all the standard rules apply what would happen to you? Would you begrudgingly attend to celebrate the success or reduce your attendance?

30. gnar182

it’d be great if every stadium you went to was a non segregated, standing, beery love fest but it’s not going to happen as the team becomes more successful, obviously the restrictions get stricter etc. and you’ll encounter clubs like Woking. As I said the result is my prime concern on a match day anything else is a bonus to me.

Can I just make clear I’m not trying to tell you how you or anyone should enjoy their football.