Woking vs Dulwich Hamlet, 3pm, 15th Sept 2018

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Lucy Fur, Sep 14, 2018.

1. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Woking don’t listen to their own fans, let alone ours.

They threw one of their own fans to the Hemel stewards.

clog likes this.
  2. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

First time this season that I've heard a mass "you're shit ahhhhh" shout when Preston took a goal kick.

clog and the 12th man like this.
  3. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Yes heard that, disappointing,

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  4. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I thought the reason the mega stand was built at the far end (around 20 years ago) was that there was insufficient space along the sides. When I first visited in the 1980s that end had a small covered terrace and some grass banking. The two small stands along the side date from just after the Great War.

5. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Classic performance
    In irregular haiku;
    Woking parallels.

6. Cyclodunc

7. Don Reid

Don Reid New Member

We're doing OK, the team is still not quite gelling but starting to get the rub of the green, I think the new signings has stopped the complancy, which was needed, so no ones place is guaranteed once we start showing a bit more trust in our playing style of of pass and move we will be pushing for a playoff spot
    # INTHISTOGHER

Pink Panther likes this.
  8. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Pwoper Football Factory

Attached Files:

9. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

so surprised Woking allow that kind of comment (threats of violence) on their fan zone - very family orientated
    Christ all we did was criticise the over bearing security and petty rules

Pink Panther, Blitzwalker and editor like this.
  10. Cyclodunc

What's the plan for the return fixture?

11. gnar182

gnar182 i am an okay person

3010 likes this.
  12. YTC

YTC Human Man

Fort Knox

clog and the 12th man like this.
  13. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Enjoying comments elsewhere about timewasting after some of the stuff we've witnessed already this season.

The ref's tendency to give free kicks in the middle of the pitch for the slightest of touches (while missing actual fouls regularly) was fully exploited by Woking in the first half but we played up to that ourselves in the second. We're getting the hang of this.

Still have a rosey glow.

14. Cyclodunc

Absolutely.

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

But listen to this Woking Warrior dreaming of being a fantasy Hard Man.

Pink Panther likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Yep. It made me chuckle, like seeing someone wearing polyester flares. "Here son, take a look back into the dark Ages of football."
    Guard of honour for the Woking Warrior.

17. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I genuinely didn't think our time wasting was that bad. We slowed it down a few times, but I think that's to be expected and it hardly compares to the blatant cheating we witnessed when we played Concord. If they think we're bad, they should wait 'til they see the Concord bench instructing baby Beasent to go down at the next opportunity.

Jules P, Pink Panther and StephenMac like this.
  18. Argonia

Argonia Happy go licky

I have only known the stadium with the mega stand, wasn't around for it before that. It might seem a bit ambitious to build a 10,000 seater stadium when the average attendance is about 1,500 but maybe the board are looking to the future and hoping to be in the football league sooner or later.

Pink Panther likes this.
  19. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

The win made it all worthwhile but the “matchday experience” in the stadium was grim. Pompous/miserable stewards, no bar facilities available, ridiculous yellow hatched area that seemed to have the same status as the old Berlin Wall “no go” zone and segregation so that we couldn’t even stand close the goal we were attacking in the second half. They either think they’re still in the National League or are a wannabe Football League outfit who feel it appropriate to treat visiting fans like crap.

As for the actual Woking fans, we only met one - a nice lad who came and had a friendly chat with us in the pub before the game and was very complimentary about us as a club. It would’ve been nice to have been allowed the chance to meet a few more of them!

Noss, editor, Northants Dal and 2 others like this.
  20. Don Reid

Don Reid New Member

I was sitting in the family stand and some lady told me off for cheering our first goal, and then went to a steward at h/t to try and get me moved

21. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

pettyboy likes this.
  22. cg__

cg__ Member

Maybe he is just escaping a Woking ultra on a raid past the yellow line to slap a hipster. Let's not judge till we get the full story

Pink Panther likes this.
  23. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

It's part of a council led redevelopment / regeneration of that part of Woking. The land behind the terracing we were on is also involved, the stadium is to be largely funded via residential development. Aldershot are in the early stages of a similar scheme down the road from Woking. The Woking stadium is intended to be Football League standard. The line of thinking for this type of development seems to be that it is a one off chance to fund it and they may as well build it to that sort of standard rather than build a lesser stadium and potentially have to worry about expanding it further down the line. The council also seem to view it as a prestige project for the borough.

I'm no expert on the finances at Woking but think the main man has been reducing his financial input in recent years and guess that the current stadium doesn't deliver much in the way of non match day income so the appeal of the new stadium to Woking is pretty clear. There's a long way to go on the scheme yet and with the Bank of England reputedly listing the worst case scenario for a no deal Brexit as being a potential 35% drop in house prices and substantial interest rate rises this may not be a good time to be trying to pull off this sort of deal. We shall see.

Council Approves Woking FC Development Proposals

Pink Panther likes this.
  24. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Re: Match Thread vs Dulwich Hamlet
    Post by Chobham Card » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Red and White Army wrote:
    Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:18 pm

You can definitely tell on there that some of them haven’t been to many away games before.

They also seem to think they’re the best away support the world has ever seen. They’ll learn.It was one of the better ones we've seen this season. They actually made some noise and chanted a bit. The away end has been a morgue in some games.

That's because they make it like that... :facepalm:

25. YTC

YTC Human Man

'not been to many away games'

Priceless.

26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I always thought applauding the attendance figure was a way of saying thank you to everyone who's bothered to show up and support the club, but I guess they're just too big for that, what with their MASSIVE rowdy supporters.

27. YTC

YTC Human Man

Thoroughly enjoyed reading their forum, proper small town syndrome going on.

Can't wait to get back to my 'south london soft ball league'.

28. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

They're going to LOVE my photo report.

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Back to the attendance figure that Woking fans seemed to think was of no note.

In fact, the crowd of 1,859 was higher than their average attendance for eight of their last ten seasons, and only a handful short of their best ever average gate of 1,911 in a decade. I'd say that's something worth applauding.
    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woking_F.C.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  30. Al Cunningham

Al Cunningham Brockley Hamlet

Immense performance from Ming and Green yesterday. Green almost shook the stadium with 2 tackles close together in the first half. Also great performance from Iffy Allen when he came on. Boost we needed after being pegged back . Looking forward to seeing the goal again