Windows 10, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, desktop shortcuts problem

Discussion in 'computers, web and general tech' started by TremulousTetra, Aug 11, 2018 at 8:26 PM.

1. TremulousTetra

TremulousTetra www.ResistanceMP3.org.uk

Hi, I have a Windows desktop with Dragon NaturallySpeaking software. I'm normally able to create a folder on the desktop, put any shortcuts in it I want, and then go "start whatever the shortcut I want". I've just reinstalled, and the shortcuts will only work if they are directly on the desktop. Can anybody think how I might remedy this situation? It just means that I can have a tidier desktop.
    Any advice appreciated, Tremulous Tetra. :)

2. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

If it won’t let you move the one on desktop, right click the one in the start menu and choose show file location. Copy that one so it creates a copy and move it to your new folder.

TremulousTetra likes this.
  3. TremulousTetra

TremulousTetra www.ResistanceMP3.org.uk

no it wasn't moving that was the problem, it was once I had moved them into a folder on the desktop they no longer responded to command e.g. "Start drive C".

so what I did was cut-and-paste the shortcuts from the desktop to here;
    C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Any advice appreciated, Tremulous Tetra. :)

4. Mr Smin

Mr Smin Registered Luser

When you say 'start' is that a key word which puts focus on the start menu?
    If so, you may never have been activating anything on the desktop if the same short cuts also existed in the start menu (and if they don't exist there now, otherwise I'm mistaken)

In any case, I'd try contacting Dragon. I think the software price includes some support.

TremulousTetra likes this.