Why the Guardian is going down the pan!

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by treelover, Jun 23, 2010.

1. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

My post wasn't to criticise Cook and Apple, as their ethics speak for themselves and would better suit an Apple thread. My aim was to point out the lack of the Guardian holding him properly to account.

2. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg Be a Pisces. Jam.

The entire thing is vomit-enducing.

sealion and flypanam like this.
  3. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

Jesus. So instead of demonstrating that the don't buy coffee thing is bollocks, they choose someone who is so profligate that for her it isn't. Although even for her by Martin Lewis's estimation she could have saved up £35k in four years (although that sounds like it would genuinely be a tight four years) and then she still wouldn't be able to buy a place anyway because that's not enough of a deposit for one.

4. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

That article is really annoying me now. They could have worked off the fact that Lewis immediately said “no chance” even though she earns a surprising amount of money, but they carried it on to be a me me me guilty-but-also-not piece. Brought lunch to work vg. Lost cash while drunk vb.

equationgirl, flypanam and oryx like this.
  5. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

Title

Corbyn told: don't hide behind leftwing myths on single market

Actual content of report:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...xit_paper_finalPRINT_noembargo.pdf?1517301904

'left-wing myths'
    vs cold hard reality here...

Rather than left-wing myths, even the report supposedly exposing them demonstrates that they are just reality.

mather and scifisam like this.
  6. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

What is the Gaurdain going to do when it runs out of pictures of young, shiny middle class people in EU flag face paint/waving EU flags/Eu Flag underpants etc There's one on the front page of their site every fucking day.

7. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

On the discovery of a novelized account of the Spanish conquest of the Americas:

:hmm:

8. stavros

They appear to have got rid of The Long Read from the Saturday edition. I didn't always read it, but it was often fairly interesting.

9. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

In pursuit of the tortoise smugglers

10. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Nylock, Libertad and Orang Utan like this.
  11. gosub

gosub ~#

Got a lot of time for Tim.... Good live and an absolute gent when my best mate died

12. greenfield

greenfield Former lurker

I hate Bidisha and her smug, supercilious professional (in every sense) victimhood at the best of times. Hyperbole doesn't begin to describe her latest offering...

Nylock and PursuedByBears like this.
  13. Libertad

Libertad Would it help?

14. doodlelogic

doodlelogic arbitrary message here

Pickman's model likes this.
  15. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

16. sealion

sealion Splish splash splosh

Pickman's model and Sue like this.
  17. Nylock

Nylock I hate 'these days'...

"Dear guardian, my kid is a spoilt twat and i'm the spineless cunt who made them that way".

18. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

Quite. I grew up in a town in a rural area with dubious public transport and I didn't know anyone at that age who had a car, never mind anyone who'd been given one, never mind then moaning about it not being cool enough...

19. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Reminded me of the inbetweeners

20. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

Sue and PursuedByBears like this.
  21. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

Nick Cohen's whole sunday Obo piece only contains one corbyn dig

22. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

23. stavros

24. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

25. copliker

copliker ...

26. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

What solid gold cuntery.

eta: In response to butchers

27. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

28. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

That is categorically worse than the usual self-parodying rubbish we usually mock them for on this thread, isn't it? And how the fuck have they managed to extort $57k out of people in response to it?

29. hot air baboon

hot air baboon Well-Known Member

..hand over the dosh or the kid gets it... :facepalm:

The Pale King likes this.
  30. billy_bob

billy_bob supercalifragilistic-borussiamönchengladbach

Looking forward to their next fundraiser. 'Football club nonces require creative solutions - give us some money and we'll keep banging on about Barry Bennell to create meaningful change.'

Mordi likes this.