Why the Guardian is going down the pan!

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by treelover, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

2. Pickman's model

He's watched one too many war movies

3. Terry Manners

Terry Manners Start from the outside and move in.

Mason has literally turned into Phil Space.

J Ed likes this.
  4. Brainaddict

Brainaddict chief propagandist (provisional)

5. hot air baboon

hot air baboon Well-Known Member

I can't help suspecting Mason's self image is very much along the lines of

PM01.JPG

wheras the reality is somewhat closer to

PM02.JPG

6. DaveCinzano

DaveCinzano WATCH OUT, GEORGE, HE'S GOT A SCREWDRIVER!

equationgirl likes this.
  7. scifisam

scifisam feck! arse! girls! drink!

8. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

9. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

An apology for youthful indiscretion:

:facepalm:

scifisam and The Pale King like this.
  10. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

If most students never end up earning enough to pay back the fees, then what benefits are they enjoying exactly?

Also, one can be in favour of abolishing uni fees and be in favour of better funding for vocational/non-university education.

11. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

Strange, almost like there might be models of this outlandish scenario in the recent past or in other far off lands.

12. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

"Clegg’s knighthood, which was widely reported in advance, is set to be particularly controversial among leave supporters, given his continued campaigning in favour of EU membership and his new book How to Stop Brexit."

yes thats why Cleggs knighthood will prove controversial you myopic book-plugging lib dem rimming cunts

Celyn, redsquirrel, Kaka Tim and 2 others like this.
  13. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

It sounds like a go’er. The new houses of parliament would not have to be right in the city centre. Trafford Park would be ok. :D

Not been up there for years but I recall plenty of open space going down the M62 from the M6. I think it’s a good idea to move the houses of parliament up country somewhere.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Plumdaff likes this.
  14. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

I think it's vital to help redress the huge regional inequality in the UK, which is much worse than any other equivalent nation. London can remain the financial hub of the country, like New York is with the US, but move Parliament to Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds. Not least MPs should have to deal with public transport infrastructure outside London.

15. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Move it to Redcar, plenty of space in the old steelworks.

16. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

Manchester is rapidly becoming nu-London, and whilst it has its benefits (like my job), it's pushing up prices for normal people and doing nothing for the rest of northern England, or indeed, anywhere but London and Manchester. Regional inequality needs to be addressed by actual redistribution, not just creating a second consolidation of wealth and facilities. So Parliament would be better put somewhere that isn't already doing OK.

17. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

Hull, Coventry or Liverpool then? I do agree that there are larger problems and it's not the whole solution, of course. It'd be a start.

mauvais likes this.
  18. DotCommunist

DotCommunist specter haunting

somewhere in the midlands. Theres shit transport and post industrial decline here as well. And its handy to everywhere else in the country by dint of being in the very middle. So, Northampton would be a perfect spot.

19. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

Lutterworth. Just off the M6/M1/A14 and it would really piss off my racist step sister.

DotCommunist likes this.
  20. J Ed

J Ed Follow Back Pro Expropriation

Put it in Corby imo

campanula likes this.
  21. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Too confusing once London is re-named Corbyngrad sometime in 2019.

22. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

Alan Moore would have an amazing meltdown. So I'm all in favour.

campanula and Plumdaff like this.
  23. Pickman's model

In books parliament always moves to harrogate

24. Mordi

Mordi Amoral adventurist

An amusing article by the not terrible George Monbiot, but definitely illustrates the perils of talking to journalists.

25. hot air baboon

hot air baboon Well-Known Member

Lefty science fiction thread --------->

26. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

Do they stack rank their authors' pictures in from less pretentious first to most last?

[​IMG]

27. copliker

copliker ...

guardian thatch.jpg

And the punchline.

JimW likes this.
  28. redsquirrel

redsquirrel This Machine Kills Progressives

Fucking hell, what a twat

29. mauvais

mauvais change has become unavoidable

30. Kaka Tim

Kaka Tim Crush the Saboteurs!

yeah i was going to post that. no recognition that she is part of a bubble world who were uniformally and repeatedly wrong about corbyn and still cant grasp why he won - twice - , why owen smith was such an obviously shit candidate and why corbyn did so well in the general election.
    Whereas us plebs called it right. Maybe recruiting all your staff from the oxbridge chumocracy isn't the best strategy if you want people who have a vague clue about what actually goes on outside of your little glee club.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018