why the daily mail's going down the drain

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Pickman's model, Jun 27, 2013.

1. William of Walworth

William of Walworth Festographer

The correction and clarification in his case should read : "Richard Littlejohn is barkingly insane, for which the Daily Mail apologises" :D

2. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Maybe living in Florida he gets called a cunt less often by his editor.

3. MrSpikey

MrSpikey Well-Known Member

I suspect it just means he hears it less often.

Libertad likes this.
  4. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

But no less often by most of the UK population.

stavros and Pickman's model like this.
  5. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Prickly Pollster

[​IMG]

There. You've been told.

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

Say what you like about John, Paul, George and Ringo they did at least have a spot of talent and have never been parasites on the British public

7. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

From ordinary working and lower middle class backgrounds too.

And just to deal with the bottom half of the page. It was never, never about what colour our passport covers are.

ViolentPanda likes this.
  8. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

lennon was middle class

seventh bullet and Slo-mo like this.
  9. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

He was indeed.

Off topic but I can highly recommend the National Trust tour of the Beatle's childhood homes if you want to learn about their lives before the band.

William of Walworth and A380 like this.
  10. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

I'm sorry, Nadine Dorries MP, but the referendum wasn't one on the colour of passports, you vapid bodice-ripper writing, publicity-hungry, political non-entity! This isn't "contempt for the electorate" that is being displayed. Only a relatively few MPs have voiced an opinion. It's contempt for the political establishment, and for their perceptions of OUR priorities, that is being displayed.

Libertad, equationgirl, A380 and 3 others like this.
  11. SaskiaJayne

SaskiaJayne Rural Guerrilla

A quick straw poll of DM readers by looking around Costa Coffee in Colchester Tesco gives median reader age of around 78 so no worries of undue adverse voter influence for Corbyn at next GE. :D

12. stavros

The one second from left does have an excellent Afro, it must be said.

13. Pickman's model

14. Virgin Trains to stop selling Daily Mail: 'It is not compatible with our beliefs'

:)

15. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

and the foghorning cunts are calling it censorship. One day, perhaps not tomorrow but one day, they shall know the true meaning of the word censorship

William of Walworth likes this.
  16. Kesher

Kesher 마지막처럼

17. Sir Belchalot

Sir Belchalot arenicola marina

Virgin are just trying to counter the bad publicity over it's recent sexist tweets.

18. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

Virgin trains are shit. At least you can wipe your arse an a Daily Mail, Virgin train toilets are disgusting and the doors don't close properly. And Branson's as big a cunt as Dacre any day.

Libertad and William of Walworth like this.
  19. bimble

bimble noisy but small

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 21.09.24.png
    Satisfying amounts of piss being taken out of Nigel on the twitter by people who recall his 'we must ban the burqua' noises.

20. stavros

I suspect Virgin/Stagecoach may have done this as a publicity stunt. There are other papers which have the same editorial line, but which aren't quite so synonymous with division. The Express, for example, went well past parody at some point in the last millennium, but frankly nobody could care less about them either way.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Badgers likes this.
  21. moochedit

moochedit Mr Mooched It

22. Pickman's model

23. equationgirl

equationgirl Respect my existence or expect my resistance

Pickman's model likes this.
  24. Slo-mo

Slo-mo Banned Banned

I don't buy the Mail but my parents do. Today's particularly amused me. Not just the front page but a couple of other stories too about what an awful state the NHS is in. This from a rag that has done nothing over the years but tell folk to vote Tory...

25. stavros

Be fair; they've also conscientiously warned us of all the things that cause and cure cancer. That must've saved the NHS several times over.

Slo-mo likes this.
  26. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

27. stavros

Although I believe he doesn't sit in the Lords, it's a bit rich for today's front page to lambast the Upper House when their proprietor uses a hereditary title. The same proprietor who loves Britain so much that he says he lives in France to avoid British tax, even though he lives somewhere in the West Country.

equationgirl and moochedit like this.
  28. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

Always ready to explore new forms of shattitude.

[​IMG]

Pickman's model likes this.
  29. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

There are in fact not two but three things in this world that can be said to be certain: death, taxes, and the answer to any question ever posed on the front page of the Daily Mail invariably being 'No'.

30. Whagwan

Whagwan Well-Known Member

TBHF it's not just the Daily Mail but every newspaper headline:

Betteridge's law of headlines - Wikipedia