1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why the daily mail's going down the drain

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Pickman's model, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

like the guardian thread only for the mail

i'll start you off with this little gem

2. Ranu

Ranu Poster of the Weak

Doesn't something have to be above the gutter in order for it to go down the drain?

3. Corax

Corax Luke 5:16

This thread should really be a place to feature inadvertent incidents of humanity and decency that get past the DM subs.

4. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

On phone and not sure how to c and p but the front page of the Scottish Daily Mail today has a big story about how firms will go bust and jobs will be lost because women have the *cheek* to demand equal pay. (Supreme court ruling up here yesterday about a council losing a case which could potentially have a wider impact.) Bloody women, wanting equal pay, however many decades after the Equal Pay Act...

A women picked up a copy to buy as I was reading the front page. Wanted to ask her what the fuck she was doing.

5. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

Good call, but it could be a slow thread.

6. gosub

gosub ~#

given that "man eats burger for dinner" seems to be reasonably large story in most UK media today possibly not the best day to single out the Mail as going down hill

muscovyduck likes this.
  7. treelover

treelover Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, but it was a gourmet burger, the tabs don't like Osborne.

8. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

Oh...

9. Frumious B.

Frumious B. Well-Known Member

Sadly this thread can only make more money for the Mail by increasing traffic. There needs to be a mirror site where Mail haters can read the Mail without giving them any hits.

muscovyduck likes this.
  10. gosub

gosub ~#

That was the same price as a burger from our local Green king pub and cheaper than our local Chinese or Indian. A complete non story that also made the BBC website

11. Pickman's model

12. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

13. Idris2002

Idris2002 A kick up the Arás

14. Tankus

Tankus living someone else's dream.

online is mostly clickbait ......with bikinis...... and daily updates of just how big can Kim kardishans arse go

clever advertising ...with piccies of celebs , then halfway down the article ...you can buy clothes somewhat similar .....I wonder how much money is generated from that ?

15. Buddy Bradley

Buddy Bradley Pantheistic solipsist

Lots. Isn't MailOnline the world's biggest website (in some metric or other)?

16. Artaxerxes

Artaxerxes Well-Known Member

Indeed, why not rename the thread to "Why the Daily Mail continues to be a festering arse sore on the rump of humanity"

17. maomao

maomao 四月她爹

18. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

Apparently it's the most visited English language newspaper website in the world.

[​IMG]

19. stavros

20. Pickman's model

21. Pickman's model

capture.jpg
    monbiot in squirrel torture shocker as he flays squirrel before putting it out of its misery

22. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

23. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

'tis the 'Mirror', but ICBA to start another thread.
    They failed to spell the word "child" correctly. Fuckers.

24. Pickman's model

capture.jpg

25. stavros

"African mum of quins let off £145k NHS bill" squarks today's front page. I haven't deigned to actually read the article, but I suspect it's either bollocks or highly conditional. I also doubt there's any mention of "Aristocrat pays fuck-all tax due to his Nazi-backing ancestors conniving to say he lives in France when he actually lives in Dorset", but I suppose there are issues of headline space.

Plumdaff, oryx, SpookyFrank and 5 others like this.
  26. Flavour

Flavour hang the bankers

There should be a buzz feed daily mail crossover parody, with articles like :

These TEN easy tricks to rip off our host state saved our family from ruin! You won't believe number seven!

Five unbelievable things you won't believe about my unbelievable journey to get into Britain without a passport or shoes - you won't believe number four! Unbelievable!

Twelve sob stories any immigration officer will fall for, and how to tell them convincingly! You won't believe how easily this man conned the British state out of thousands of pounds a month - now he's planning to have more kids at their expense!

27. bi0boy

bi0boy Power User

Favelado likes this.
  28. smokedout

smokedout criminal

same mistake was repeated across the national press, and still is being

29. gosub

gosub ~#

pinkmonkey likes this.
  30. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Literally over the moon

Its OK kids, the DM Online has signed Katy Hopkins as a columnist. This thread is now dead. The DM is no longer going down the pan.

frogwoman likes this.