why is no one talking about eyebrows?

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by pengaleng, Feb 16, 2016.

1. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

fuck me threading is awful, worst thing I've ever got done, fucking painless my arsehole, has hurt worse than anything else :mad:

moomoo likes this.
  2. Sapphireblue

Sapphireblue Well-Known Member

another one who over-plucked in the 90s here. have been trying to let them grow back for over 10 years now. they're ok, but the edges are still pretty thin.

i should pencil mine in as they're so fair but i tend to only do it for going out out. had them dyed a few times but it's too dark, i want a soft brown otherwise they stand out too much against my hair which is sort of strawberry blonde. eyelashes are pretty much invisible without mascara as well.

i think red-heads struggle most with eyebrows being too blonde and actual blondes tend to have eyebrows slightly darker than their hair.

3. ElizabethofYork

ElizabethofYork Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Blimey, I must be much older than the rest of you. I first started plucking my eyebrows as a teenager in the 70s, when a teeny thin arch was the fashion. They've never really grown back properly.

4. pengaleng

just call me 'forever 21' :cool:

5. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

The sensation from threading is just gross. I had it done a couple of times because I couldn't believe the first time made my stomach turn quite so much and I hated the smell of burning hair.... a nice finish though.

6. pengaleng

smell of burning? are you sure you got threaded?

7. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I find threading less painful (although it's still intense) than gradually plucking them one by one.
    It makes me feel like I'm going to puke plucking them.

8. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

You sound like me.
    When I have had them tinted they look far too dark and scary against my general colouring.
    My eyebrows and lashes are actually translucent now (used to be white blonde).
    I've never really plucked much so that they are quite thick.
    I like having them threaded but a mixture of laziness and mental health (hate being under the bright lights with someone in my face literally) means I don't have them done often.
    I do pencil when I'm going out out. I found a lovely soft colour that has lasted for years.
    I guess thats one good thing about have translucent brows is that I can gently pencil them without plucking/threading and it doesn't really notice.

9. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

Burning! :eek:
    What the fuck where they doing?

10. pengaleng

the problem with going to someone to do it for you is that they have their own idea of what brows should look like, it never matches mine, probably cus mine don't grow up they grow sideways and down cus I have asian brows, but have figured a way of getting a good shape without brushing them up, I'm currently training one that grows a bit up due to continual brushing, but they look much better downwards, I don't really know why the advice is to brush them up, if you look at pics of people it's mostly models who have this look from pics on catwalk shows, imo you need the right kind of growth for this to look good.

I've had loads of spare time to look eyebrow shiz up, I don't like the vague measurement guides either, none of them connect with the lips, I was thinking of doing a book at some point, but the problem there is everyone has a different face, I was alright at eyebrows before, now am well good, I need to do some pics, am all about training atm cus am fucked off with the growth, they WILL do what I want them to and they WILL be twins, I ain't got any more room for sisters in my life

bimble and kittyP like this.
  11. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

The cotton twists so fast it kind of burns off the hair... am I the only one who has smelled burning when they have had their brows threaded ?? maybe that is why I hated it so much

12. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I can't say I have ever noticed it :hmm:

13. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I don't trust myself to do my own.
    I am impatient and slapdash and not a good judge with that stuff.
    At least with a light, soft pencil I can easily start again.

14. pengaleng

I aint criticising, I just said doing it yourself is better imo, everyone has an opinion. :cool: no perceived shade :cool:

I keep trying to take pics of my brows, but I cant get my head level and È've just found loads of pics of when I had a tan so distracted, I dunno how I keep doing the accent thing on letters, not that it's the right letter, no idea

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
    kittyP and Pickman's model like this.
  15. Saffy

Saffy Under the duvet..

I have one eyebrow which looks good and the other one is bloody awful, totally letting my face down.:mad:

16. pengaleng

yep :| secret to fixing that is balancing the fill, I don't even know how mine are, but I'm pretty certain I have un-leveled them myself, the higher one I fill in at the bottom slightly lower and the slightly lower one I fill in a touch higher on the top

pretty sure I plucked them like it, the thing that pisses me off is there is hair growing, but it's so sparse and fine it looks stupid

this one time a girl in a shop filled them in to test product out and she totally fucked up my arches and I looked like a twat, not her fault though, she wasn't to know I completely obliterated the right arch due to some piss poor measurement advice.

NEVER through the pupil, ok?.

17. dolly's gal

dolly's gal killing things

i have mine threaded regularly. i don't pluck. it's all quite understated, i'm not majorly bothered about tinting or dying or any of that high tech shiz they do these days. keep it simps

18. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Thinks she is a flower to be looked at

I'm properly bored and this thread has inspired me to go tint my brows. Tribal Princess: improving the world two brows at a time :cool:

friendofdorothy likes this.
  19. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Ok. I did photos. Before and after makeup (a bit slapdash, tbh).

20. kittyP

kittyP schmeeer

I know you weren't criticising x

21. pengaleng

I aint done pics yet cus I am shit.

22. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

BoatieBird, mentalchik and kittyP like this.
  23. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Mine are brown and quite average in not too much not too little way. I used to have them waxed but changed to threading about 10 years ago. I used to have then thin and wanted them in a arch but I don't have a natural curve.

I have them threaded and my underarms waxed every 4 week's, next time I am having HD for first time. My beauty lady advised me to have lighter shade first.

24. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

The photo thing is quite good cos I could have sworn that mine were both the same but obv not :( Takes a photo to show the reality.

25. iona

iona makes George Orwell look like a dalek

I stopped plucking my eyebrows other than the middle bit a couple of months ago and the right one has grown in loads more than the left one now :hmm:

26. mentalchik

mentalchik "Time doth flit, oh shit"

Last year i had 3-d eyebrows done and i loved 'em !!! Never pluck my own as i am totally shit at it and just end up hurting myself.....

27. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Mine would meet in the middle left to their own devices, and I used to just pluck my glabella (thanks for the new word quimcunx) and leave the rest to their own devices. I never really got into the whole 90s thing so I've still got plenty left.

I started having them waxed and shaped probably about 10 years ago and I go about every 4-5 months now.
    I used to get them to pluck the white ones out, but they told me that I would have a bald stripe through my right brow if I did that any more so I relented and had them tinted last time.

28. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

What are 3d brows?

29. mentalchik

mentalchik "Time doth flit, oh shit"

They wax, thread tint and shape them etc......

30. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

So just brow grooming, not some dark art?!