1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why is no one talking about eyebrows?

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by pengaleng, Feb 16, 2016.

1. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

My ex MIL drew her eyebrows every morning. If you saw her before she had done it you knew there was something wrong but usually couldn't put a finger on what it was :)

2. Plumdaff

Plumdaff joy in people

I have to have the occasional thread because the alternative would veer towards monobrow. I suppose this is one trend Southern Mediterranean hairy genes are useful for. However I only go every couple of months and have a much fuller, natural shape than I did a few years ago. Haven't started using an eyebrow pencil yet, thanks to hairy gene, but have started to notice them beginning to thin towards the end, so reading tips now. Fucking ageing.

3. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

I went overboard plucking mine about fifteen years ago. I know now that this was a terrible mistake. Now they are very sparse and yet; still oddly bushy. Bushy and long. Occasionally I pluck single hairs out that are easily three centimetres in length. And I've got white ones now, seeing as I am a very old lady. The white ones grow straight, at right angles to my face, whereas the ones that are not white are like the rest of my hair and are curvy and curly and they sit down nicely against my face. My eyebrow hair is very exceedingly weird and peculiar.

All I can say is that it's a very good job I don't give the slightest shite. My glasses cover them up. And also, no one whose opinion makes the slightest difference to me is remotely interested in the state of my eyebrows.
    Result. :D

catinthehat and Miss-Shelf like this.
  4. Ms T

Ms T Honey-coloured ramparts

This. Also my brows are quite a bit darker than my hair, which means I don't need to use pencil or powder or anything.

Pickman's model likes this.
  5. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Thread needs photos

UnderAnOpenSky likes this.
  6. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

Beautiful eyebrows can make all the difference :)

[​IMG]

7. quimcunx

quimcunx Too tall.

I only ever plucked my glabella regularly and a bit of shaping here and there. I never plucked them thin. Yet despite plucking for 30 plus years they have always grown back. :mad: Now I trim them as well as plucking them having followed the advice of a world renowned eyebrow expert.

I have some blondish hairs and I tried putting a little eyeliner in there the other week just to see how it would look, thinking it wouldn't be any great shock having always had feisty brows, but I didn't like it. :eek:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  8. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' pengaleng PhD. another handsome boy graduate.

I will do pics sometime, maybe tomorrow, need to use a better camera

I really hate trimmed eyebrows that have been done badly ie: not feathered or a whole chunk at the front all stumpy. all my stumpy ones have shed so I don't think theres any left now

best clear gel I've found is the collection clear mascara tho, keeps em all laid flat

eyeliner will always look too harsh and bad cus it's so dark, you gotta find the right shade :cool:

I dont trust anyone with my eyebrows but me anymore, it's been jacked up too many times

I dont like all this 'fleek' shit either, my eyebrows are edge :cool:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  9. clicker

clicker nanook rubs it....

I've always thought there should be the option of getting your brows done when you're in the hairdressers. You can end up sitting in front of a mirror for an hour or so and new haircut shows off good brow action. That wasted twenty minutes when you're stuck in the chair , swathed in a black nylon cape, could be better spent having a quick thread/wax/pluck.
    Although having said that, mine appear to have stopped growing now.. :(

10. cesare

cesare don't mourn, organise!

Teeps showed me how to sort my eyebrows out fucking years ago so I'm still doing that. But I'm also tinting them now with eyelure which works OK (yeah there's probably better ones ... ). I've grown a few hairs back but it's a slow job. I put a tiny bit of wax in them from a No7 brow kit cos they they're not fucking straight and point all over the place unless I do. And then finish off with a tinted brow gel from Eyeko, that shit is great - no crispy brows here :D

11. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Sounds like something you'd do in a medieval minstrel band :D
    I've got good black eyebrows despite being ginge which is nice.

12. S☼I

S☼I more baffled by the basics, tbh

IMG_20160217_133139.jpg

Just the odd few these past couple of years. Another decade and I'll look like a yak or some shit.

May Kasahara, cesare and Manter like this.
  13. pengaleng

r u furrowing tho?

14. Manter

Manter Lunch Mob

Not enough photos!

15. pengaleng

I know, I got distracted cleaning will do some tomorrow cus am going out, cant do that without edge brows init

am just lazing

16. Shirl

Shirl Brexit my arse

I have the most miserable excuse for eyebrows you ever saw. I don't suppose years of plucking helped but there's just a few spiky bastards left that grow in different directions.
    If I use a brow pencil they make me look scary :eek: so I came up with what for me is the perfect solution. Last year I got a fringe cut. I keep it to just below where my rubbish excuse for eyebrows are.
    Sorted :D I really would prefer to have eyebrows though :(

17. S☼I

Nope, I'm relatively relaxed in the pic. Just a natural Scowler I s'pose

18. Pickman's model

Pickman's model The word of Sin is Restriction

just printed out your picture and used it to get past two retina scans :cool:

19. S☼I

Enjoy the Philately Dungeon!

20. S☼I

Furrowing

IMG_20160218_090359.jpg

Miss-Shelf and Pickman's model like this.
  21. Pickman's model

yeh it seems to have sheets of penny blacks stuck to the walls interspersed with stamps from rwanda and qatar while there's royal mail themed bondage gear all over the place :eek:

22. S☼I

Haven't been for ages, was bound to get tired of being stamped on.

23. S☼I

A pun is a joke until it's tutt'd

24. Pickman's model

a punnet is a small pun.

blairsh and S☼I like this.
  25. S☼I

At my age, sometimes going to the toilet is a little work :(

26. pengaleng

no one can tell if your eyebrows are right if you distort your face :cool:

27. pengaleng

ooooh yeah, those who are bemoaning no eyebrows need to consider this thing from korea called eyebrow embroidery or microblading, the shit they can do with tattoos now is awesome

[​IMG]

28. zoooo

zoooo zero tolerance for walkers

Even when I was younger and had naturally blonde hair, my eyebrows were black. People used to think I dyed my eyebrows. (Why would anyone dye their bloody eyebrows to not match their hair??)

29. pengaleng

eyebrows shouldn't match hair imo they should be darker than yer hair

zoooo likes this.
  30. moomoo

moomoo Not so yummy mummy

I plucked my eyebrows for the first time in ages today! I had them threaded once. Never again! I've never known pain like it!