why is no one talking about eyebrows?

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by pengaleng, Feb 16, 2016.

1. pengaleng

pengaleng Lil' J Pengele PhD. The Angel of Sesh

unless you've been under a rock eyebrows are totally in :cool:

I stopped plucking mine like it's 1996 in october last year, am only allowing myself to pluck every 2 months and nowhere near my actual shape and they are coming :cool:

I'm hoping the fine baby hairs at the front that looks like vellus hair but I don't think it is, I'm hoping that after it sheds the follicles will be all 'come on lads we can grow here again'

fuck all them bitches at school what bullied me about my massive eyebrows, fuck drew barrymore, gwen stefani and pamela anderson :mad:

what else do I do, I rub castor oil in em when I can be arsed cus its high in good shit to make hair grow, I take these fucking awful hair and nails beauty complex pills, but they are vile, so that ain't as often as one would like - really gotta sort this out

to fill em in I use brow liner gel by Inglot which is like the dipbrow pomade by anastasia, but cheaper, the tiniest little bit with an angled liner brush

I also bought something called wunderbrow which seems good, but is a bit difficult to use, so wouldn't recommend that one

people now are saying that if you have dark hair your eyebrows should be two shades lighter than hair - I call bullshit on that and say eyebrows should always be the darkest hair on the face we need em for communication init :cool:

whats yer eyebrows doing?

Pickman's model likes this.
  2. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

i wish i'd known that when i was younger :(

3. pengaleng

:( tragic m8 is this why people call you the big C?

4. Pickman's model

no, they call me the big c cos i call everyone a cunt.

5. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member

My eyebrows are also still recovering from the 90s. I fill them a bit with a sleek kit while muttering sisters not twins.

Thora likes this.
  6. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I'd look like Dennis Healey if Mrs Spy didn't pluck mine every now and then.

7. Pickman's model

[​IMG]

:eek: it's true!

dlx1 and Spymaster like this.
  8. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

I lost interest when I realised some girls shave them off and paint them back on!

9. pengaleng

it's bad init, the 90's were fucking awesome but the eyebrows D: I think mine are doing really well I will have to find some pics since october, but I'm so shit with all that

10. pengaleng

it's 2016 not 1995 m8, errrr no they dont apart from cybergoths.

muscovyduck and Pickman's model like this.
  11. Poot

Poot Everyone's a superhero, everyone's a Captain Kirk

Mine were shit in the 90s and they're shit now. They're blonde - they were barely worth plucking in the first place.

My Mum's have completely disappeared. At first it was funny coz I could say "you must be very surprised" and laugh in my sleeve. But it's not funny now that it's only a matter of time for mine too...

12. pengaleng

refectocil tint :cool:

I need to get some cus I had to use shitty eylure and I swear it's not as good as it used to be, am gonna upgrade to professional

13. Supine

Supine Rough Like Badger

I was thinking 2015 in Loughborough. I expect that might be the same as 1995 down south ;)

14. pengaleng

nah lol

15. ShiftyBagLady

ShiftyBagLady Thinks she is a flower to be looked at

I've got small eyebrows. I definitely over plucked them in the nineties but they did fill back out to their original size. The shape is not great but in order to shape them I'd lose a lot of bulk. I wish mine were bigger :(

16. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

Anyone under 40 (if they're thinking anything) is thinking "he's the one who was married to that Denise Welch, right?".

catinthehat likes this.
  17. pengaleng

seriously leave them for 4 months and rub (gently) cold pressed castor oil into em every night, exfoliate em too cus it keeps the follicles clear :cool:

oh and take biotin twice a day

if you really want to try making them come back

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  18. spanglechick

spanglechick High Empress of Dressing Up

I prefer a vintage arched brow - not dietrich-skinny, but slim and arched. However like most women over forty, they're getting a bit sparse. I can't lie - I like the new situation of not having to pluck more than every five or six months, but I am worried about the slim tails becoming invisible.

19. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

Mine have never grown back, I've not plucked them for over a year. I use a very sharp eyebrow pencil and kinda sketch them in to fill them out a bit more

20. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Mine went when I went gray - but they were fair to start with. I draw them back in with the extremely cheap MUA Luxe Power Brow in Fair (£3) as it's the only one I've found that isn't a weird colour for pale people.

21. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

I've never plucked, threaded or in any other way touched my eyebrows. It's nice to know my laziness is currently in. :cool:

22. xes

xes F.O.A.D

every now and then I get an eyebrow hair that grows so long it can touch the top of my cheek. :cool:

moose likes this.
  23. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

i want to cry sometimes when i think back to the time i first plucked my eyebrows in the 90's. If I could rewind time, that's definitely one of thing I would NEVER do. My eyebrows never grew back normally after that first plucking - there's hardly anything left of them atall now and what is left just looks silly :( It's SUCH a massive pain having to fiddle around with eyebrow pencil shading every bloody morning :mad: I envy every single person with lovely thick eyebrows.

24. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

I think I'm quite lucky to have been too clueless to pluck my eyebrows in the 90s. Also lucky to have thick black brows, so no filling required, just a bit of reshaping in the arch and breaking up the werewolf join.

BoatieBird and gaijingirl like this.
  25. S☼I

S☼I You in a bad mood Harry?

I have to remove the odd crazy feeler now and again, but generally leave well alone.
    Don't really like an overly-plucked eyebrow on a lass meself, either, quite like strong thick eyebrows.

26. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

Mine were always so fair as to be near invisible. In my younger days used to paint them pink or red, or sometime blue. When I hit my early thirties I thought I'd better stop and pencil them a more conventional pale brown.

I still do them bright red to match my lippy occasionally. Its amazing how many people don't even notice.

kittyP likes this.
  27. friendofdorothy

friendofdorothy it is so much worse than Thatcherism now

I had a dog called Dennis, because his eyebrows were just like that.

28. terrythomas

terrythomas An absolute shower

29. weltweit

weltweit Well-Known Member

As a bloke, I would not dream of plucking my eyebrows. To me eyebrows are a vital part of facial expression, I am even careful as to what glasses I get so people can still see all of my eyebrows over them. When I get my hair cut I do get excess length hairs trimmed though.

30. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

Id kill for the eyebrows i had in the early 90s :mad: