Who's going football tomorrow..??

Discussion in 'football' started by Andy the Don, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

2. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

That's now the biggest win I've ever seen us record. I missed the 7-1 at home to Burton the other season. Previous biggest was 6-0 at Reading. Seen us score six a couple of times and five several more but never seven.

Dorchester can console themselves that they still did twice as well as their neighbours did when we recorded our biggest ever win - 15-1 v Weymouth in the Cup!

3. JTG

Chester away today. Two new signings up front. Hopeful of a result.

4. Onket

Early start?

5. JTG

Leaving at ten

6. Onket

Have a good one!

7. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

Was at Brentford vs Fulham last night, great night. 1 point off top for the Bees.

8. JTG

Home to Welling. After the epic win over Barnet, this is one we have to put away to consolidate the gains and keep chasing the leaders hard. I think we will.

9. JTG

Time to think about the real meaning of Christmas... football! As any fule kno, Christmas Day is for family, Boxing Day is for football. So, who's going to the match?

I'm finishing a night shift, jumping in a car down to the English Riviera and watching us against Torquay. Just me and around 1000 of my nearest and dearest (plus however many get in the home end, got to maintain tradition, especially at this time of year). Back in the car afterwards for a dash back to Bris and another night shift.

Macc at home Sunday and then the return fixture against Torquay on New Year's Day.

I'm dreaming of a nine point Christmas
    Just like the ones we used to know
    Where goalposts glisten
    And children listen
    To hear the Gasheads in full flow...

High Voltage likes this.
  10. Onket

Have a good one. No football for me, sadly.

11. Numbers

Numbers an ting!

Off to Brentford v Ipswich today with my nephew. Bringing him on to the terrace behind the goal for the first time :thumbs:

Onket likes this.
  12. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Will be going to the Palace. 6 family members in tow. Son gutted to miss it as he has to work :(.

Onket likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Off to Newport County!

14. JTG

Three points in the bag in front of a 1200 strong travelling army in fine voice. Onwards to Sunday :cool:

15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I enjoyed watching Newport County today. It rained all day butit was good to be up in Wales and not have to endure corporate football.

16. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

i was there. ipshit stuffed us good and proper. hope you had a good day.

17. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Away game vs. Carlisle tomorrow. Got the beers ready in the fridge for the train journey. Fuck knows what state I'll be in when we arrive back at Euston in the evening :D

18. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Penzance vs Plymouth Marjon tomorrow at home. South West Peninsula League Division One (West). We're currently mid-table having narrowly avoided relegation last season. They're a couple of places below us. Difficult one to predict - we came back from 2 down to get a draw against the league leaders midweek so I'm hoping that might give us a boost. We've got loads of injuries though (both strikers) and loads of players suspended as we've got the worst disciplinary record in the league. :hmm:

mx wcfc likes this.
  19. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

Winch are away at Swindon Supermarine tomorrow. We are nailed on 11th in the league, so, no, not going. I haven't been to a home game in weeks tbh - whenever I can go, we've been rained off.

Voley likes this.
  20. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Weather has been so bad this year we basically had a mid-season break. Fixture congestion means right at the end of the season we've got 5 games in 10 days. We asked the FA for a season extension and they showed their usual support for non-league by 1. Ignoring us completely then 2. Saying 'No' and 'We're not discussing it any further.' :thumbs:

21. mx wcfc

Pretty much the same in a lot of non-league this year. We had two games over Easter that were both postponed cos it was wet, and now we have to catch up. At the moment, Winch are in the middle of 3 away games in 7 days, then a home game Tuesday next week. Winch is in a valley, and the only places flat enough for a football pitch are on the flood plain, where, oddly, it gets a bit waterlogged when it rains.

I have only been to Penzance once, but I remember that it wasn't exactly flat.

Voley likes this.
  22. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Could be worse:

DZxPwE9WkAACrpe.jpeg

Their Twitter is full of players saying their girlfriends have left them because they haven't seen them for a month etc. :D

passenger likes this.
  23. Voley

Voley Ramoner

First proper competitive home game of the season for Penzance tomorrow night. Playing Porthleven who were title contenders last season. We drew 2-2 with them in a pre-season friendly. Time to see if the usual early season optimism was justified.

I like Friday night kickoffs.

mx wcfc likes this.
  24. mx wcfc

Yep,me too. Winch have had some big gates playing Friday evenings, and it frees up Saturday.

Anyway, 2 wins from 2 in the league so far this season, though I haven't been yet, and Saturday's my first game.

Home in the FA Cup to Bournemouth. As in a preliminary round tie against Bournemouth FC rather than AFC, but hey ho. They've had a flying start to the season too, and although they are one step down from us, there's not a big gap in quality between the top of the Wessex league and the league we are in.

Apparently we are a bit skint this season, so a good cup run would help.

Looking forward to it.

sealion and Voley like this.
  25. Voley

Voley Ramoner

How did Winch get on mx wcfc ?

Ours was nuts. 0-0 half time despite us having 4 or 5 really good chances. They could've had at least a couple too.

Then had a mad ten minutes where we conceded 3 goals. Game over, you'd imagine but we battled back to 3-2 and came very close to equalising in the dying seconds. Ref was fucking clueless. We've had him before and where I sit there are strong opinions on his competency / the legitimacy of his parentage / his onanistic tendencies.

So a very entertaining match even if we did come away with the sum total of fuck all.

mx wcfc, Badgers and sealion like this.
  26. mx wcfc

Sorry Voley - I misread the thread - Winch are playing today.

Refs at this level can be "frustrating".:mad:

Voley and Badgers like this.
  27. mx wcfc

Winchester City 1 - 0 Bournemouth FC

T'was a game. Incidents a plenty.

Late pen for Winch, saved but scored on the follow up.

2nd Preliminary Round here we come.

RED and BLACK army!!!!!!

Voley and Badgers like this.
  28. Voley

Voley Ramoner

Spare a thought for supporters of Ludgvan FC, contenders for the title in our league last season. Two managers in as many weeks and a mass exodus of players has meant that they were beaten 6 nil on the opening day of the season and couldn't get a squad together for the second game. Two games in and they're on minus 3 points. Good folks over there - I genuinely feel sorry for them.

2018-08-26 08.02.41.png

mx wcfc and Badgers like this.
  29. mx wcfc

Tomorrow is Melksham Utd at home, so I'll be off down the SimplyHealth City ground.

Winch have played 4, won four, but Melksham are unbeaten in the league too. so it'll be a good test. Plus our livewire number 9 is suspended, so that's a handicap for us.

We'll win.:thumbs:

30. Voley

Voley Ramoner

It all kicked off in the Trelawney League here in Cornwall today:

Elsewhere:

"Illogan thirds vs Frogpool abandoned. Illogan 2-1 up but down to ten men. Incident between a spectator and our player led to abandonment. Won’t go into any details on here. "

Cornish football: Superior.

Badgers likes this.