Who's going football tomorrow..??

Discussion in 'football' started by Andy the Don, Nov 21, 2008.

1. JTG

JTG Angry about not being able to be an astronaut.

Good luck against Scabs County Paulie :)

Wombles away tomorrow, should be a good un. Points would be nice in order to ensure no late season scramble for safety

2. Paulie Tandoori

Paulie Tandoori shut it you egg!

we were brilliant today, put ourselves in the driving seat for promotion.

0-0 at wimbledon is about as bad as it gets :D

Onket likes this.
  3. JTG

It was actually worse. Indescribably bad. How on earth we managed a point is beyond comprehension

Onket likes this.
  4. JTG

I am going on Saturday when we play Torquay, the worst team in the entire Football League, at home. Three points absolutely vital if we're to save our League place
    Then I'm going again the following Saturday to Fratton Park where two shocking teams will play each other in front of what will almost certainly be nearly 20,000 fans. Rovers look set to sell all 2,500 tickets for the away end - 2,500 fans traveling over 100 miles to see the team with the worst away record in England trying to scrape the points needed to avoid being relegated from the Fourth Division. This after over 600 went to Wimbledon to see one of the most clueless and insipid performances I've watched in 25 years plus of supporting BRFC.
    This is meant to be fun, right?

5. Onket

Onket Je suis [CONTENT REMOVED]

Did you only get 600 tickets for AFC Wimbledon?

6. JTG

It wasn't sold out, though the seats were full and the terrace fairly packed. We've been a few times now and tbh the view is so crap that it's not exactly a popular trip. Pompey is bank holiday weekend and our first visit there since about 1992 so more are traveling

ETA: from what I can make out, away capacity at Kingsmeadow is 700 terrace and a couple of hundred seats

Onket likes this.
  7. Onket

Yeah, I think we got 1k the last time I went. That was our first time there, though and (you're right) it does make a difference. View was pretty poor. I left at half time and I rarely (choose to) do that.

8. JTG

Couldn't see anything when the play was at the far end on our side of the pitch. I know terracing is usually fun but it's a prime example of awful standing room - only about four steps but wide and shallow so the view is dreadful. Worse than Colchester's old away end!

9. Paulie Tandoori

fucking hell, very nail-biting 1-0 win against crawley tonight, but the result most important, only 2 wins and 1 draw away from automatic promotion, forgot how to breath for 10 minutes of second half. blades did us a favour too by nicking it against rotherham. all to play for, am shitting myself.

Onket likes this.
  10. Paulie Tandoori

ion, my brother went to newport tonight to watch argyle and they also won and are back in play-off contention apparently, so we're a happy family tonight :cool:

11. Lo Siento.

Lo Siento. Second As Farce

Ipswich Town v. Doncaster Rovers! Surely today will be the day that our lingering play-off challenge finally falls apart ...

Onket and Paulie Tandoori like this.
  12. Paulie Tandoori

i love days that start with that sort of feeling :D

Lo Siento. likes this.
  13. strung out

strung out (",)

Off to Rovers vs Torquay today.

If we win, we could relegate Torquay and take a big step towards safety ourselves. Lose and we could be within 1 point of the relegation zone, into non-league :(

Lo Siento. likes this.
  14. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

FCUM vs Buxton. Last Saturday game at Gigg Lane before we move to our new stadium (assuming it's finished in time :eek: ) and a must-win if we're to be in with a chance of going up as champions. Never beaten them at home :rolleyes:

Lo Siento. likes this.
  15. Lo Siento.

It's the "easy" home game, prior to playing a team that always beats us (Watford) and then a "6-pointer" against Bournemouth. We're bound to lose.

16. JTG

I shall be there as well. My Torquay housemate has already written his team off - this is our banker, we absolutely HAVE to win today. Nervous as fuck.

I remember watching you get murdered by Buxton at home at Stalybridge the other year

moose likes this.
  17. Onket

:(

18. Onket

A penalty and an equaliser!

Making it hard for yourselves.

19. Onket

And as I post it's 2-1. :D

20. Private Storm

Private Storm Smell The Glove

Was looking forward to watching Hull beat Sheff Utd on TV tomorrow. Then got offered a corp ticket with some friends, so am now going to Wembley and having a slap up lunch in the Bobby Moore restaurant beforehand - prawn sandwiches all round!

21. Lo Siento.

Genuinely thought we'd fucked it, soft pen, push in the back from a throw. Then the kind of late winner that makes you remember why you love football

Onket likes this.
  22. strung out

strung out (",)

We're fucked.

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  23. JTG

Anyone know what Braintree's ground's like ?

:( :( :(

24. JTG

I'm seriously miserable about this. We have to play Pompey away, Dale at home and then Wycombe away before finishing against Mansfield at home. Northampton are picking up points and the only bright spot I can see is that Wycombe seem to be as much in a downward spiral as we are. They play Northampton, Torquay, us and Fleetwood.

Adams Park is going to be awful in two weeks :(

25. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

At least it was only 2-1 to them today, but there goes the title. Oh well :D

26. JTG

Wycombe away all ticket, we have 1800

Expect loads of Gas in the home stands if it's going down to the wire

27. Paulie Tandoori

dicked 1-0 by the swine today but still 7 points clear. time for nerves to be kept methinks.

28. Onket

29. Paulie Tandoori

wind your brass neck in.

30. Onket

You're not being very nice.