Who will be in the final?

Discussion in 'Euro2008 (archive)' started by frogwoman, Jun 22, 2008.

1. frogwoman

frogwoman лягушкая женщина

I reckon it is most likely to be Germany vs Russia ... i kinda want turkey to beat germany though!

2. Sweaty Betty

Sweaty Betty Hemo rising!

Turkey V Russia i reckon....

3. TrippyLondoner

TrippyLondoner Well-Known Member

germany v Spain. :)

4. frogwoman

yeh this would be good! bit tense though :eek:

5. mk12

mk12 Well-Known Member

Russia Germany.

[​IMG]

6. frogwoman

to be honest, i am hoping Russia wins the whole thing. I am going there on the 12th!

7. mk12

mk12 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be good. Turkey are one of th emost boring sides in the tournament. It's a shame they've come so far. They've only had the lead for about 2 minutes altogether in this tournament (fact).

8. frogwoman

yep although having said that, germany and russia are my two favourite teams, i will be happy if either of those two win!

9. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

I had Germany vs Italy.
    So it'll be Germany vs Russia.

Spain almost bottled it tonight, and that Torres is one of the best players in the world after Ronaldo;););)

10. TrippyLondoner

love how everyone is doubting spain even though they outplayed italy. :)

11. frogwoman

Russia will win the whole thing IMO.

12. twistedAM

Cast your mind back to 2004 though!!!!

13. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

Aye, outplayed them so well that they didn't score in 90 minutes or in extra time. :rolleyes:

14. twistedAM

No they didn't. It was 0-0 you numpt, meaning factually and definitively they did NOT outplay them They were better at penalties.

15. twistedAM

yo dude, we're all in the same place...let's party:D

ETA...hold on a minute...Mr Soundbite has left the building again

16. TrippyLondoner

it was 0-0 cause italy had 11 men behind the ball Spain tried to score, italy didnt, simple as. you're obviously biased to italy and didnt watch the game.

17. Sweaty Betty

Sweaty Betty Hemo rising!

there was no score- but russia had far more open play and direct shots from start to finish.....no comparison they will get slaughtered i reckon;)

18. TrippyLondoner

Anyway, italy are out cause they didnt attack enough despite the talent they had. Spain created the better chances, and many more than italy did, all that matters is, italy are out, thank fuck! Germany v spain final i bet.

19. twistedAM

So you really think Roberto Donadoni sat the squad donw and said we're going to play for penalties tonight so don't bother trying to score.

Italy played to their resources which in the end turned out to be pretty poor.

I was biased to Italy but they were pretty crap.

I of course didn;t watch the game. What's the point? I get everything i know from the internet:rolleyes:

20. DRINK?

DRINK? bummed by karmachameleon

Spanish and the germans.....would like russia to win it, though by the same token I am in Spain next week, so could be interesting, watching them do it!!! Not fussed really, not a big fan of turkish football (fans etc), not that enamoured with the germans either but don't really care.....lets hope football is the winner:)

21. frogwoman

Spain were blatantly the better team, more possesion of the ball, more shots at goal ... a very well deserved win :D

22. twistedAM

But with Gattuso and Pirlo out, Italy obviously didn't have much talent and if they did they were past their peak. OK, it was only 2 years ago that the same bunch won the World Cup but that was a bit flukey and wouldn't have happened if Zidane hadn't been such a ridiculous arse.

23. frogwoman

Italy shouldn't have won that time IMO

24. twistedAM

I'll turn that round and say they couldn't use their possession and couldn't shoot very well.

Spain were crap as well as Italy.

25. frogwoman

yep they were crap ... they were just better than italy :D

26. twistedAM

They played crap and I thought they'd lose and then there was that moment of absolute brilliance from that eejit Zidane, the game turned and Italy took their penalties that night and beat a team more interested in adverts and image rights.

Va Va Voom

27. twistedAM

No...they took better penalties. At the end of 120 minutes they were both so fucking dire they didn't score. They could have played til now and they wouldn't have.

28. toblerone3

toblerone3 Grrrrr

I'll go for that one, but three out of four of my predictions for the winners of the quarters turned out to be wrong, so confidence is low. :oops:

29. soulman

soulman is no more...

I reckon it will be Spain v Germany. Although Russia v Germany would have some real edge to it.

30. Diamond

Diamond The Red Baron

That doesn't mean they're dull.