Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who wants to organise a London Walk?

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
dynamicbaddog said:
I would'nt mind organising a leisurely stroll for August.
following the green chain route from Beckenham Place Park to Crystal Palace.
I was just thinking about including Beckenham Place Park in my walk, how strange. :)

BEARBOT

robo-osita
is the walk still on for tomorrow the 25 march?
id love :D to come but i have to meet a freind in the day if she is flexiable when i can meet her ill be there...when/where are we meeting? and how long is the walk?

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
The latest schedule looks like this:

April
Liberty

May
Hollis
London

June
Cloo
Wimbledon

July
Maggot
Hidden Gems

August
Dynamicbaddog
Green Chain Walk

September
Editor
Ruislip Lido

TeeJay

I'm very tempted to sort out a North Downs Way walk: http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/Northdowns/index.asp?PageId=1

It is very easy to take the train down and back to do any one of the:

Farnham > Guildford > Dorking > Redhill sections

(need to work out distances, times, pubs and so forth and maybe even give it a test run?)

Unfortunately I am away for a week now, so I'll look into it when I get back (ie after May 6th) which is maybe too late for a May walk, unless anyone else wants to steal the idea.

Having said that, it would be better IMO to do the North Downs Way in the spring/summer, rather than the autumn/winter...

mango5

Endeavour era
Maggot said:
The latest schedule looks like this:

July
Maggot
Hidden Gems

August
Dynamicbaddog
Green Chain Walk

September
Editor
Ruislip Lido
Bump bump! :) I know Dynamicbaddog is planning already :cool:

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
Shit I forgot about this and as I'm going into hospital on the 20th, I won't be able to do one this month. Does someone else wanna do one, or does DBD want to swap?

William of Walworth

Festographer
Was the proposed date for the July walk Saturday 22nd, or Saturday 29th July??

Fraid I can't make either, I'm at Festivals both times ... (Ashton Court the 22nd and WOMAD the 29th).

Hollis

Bloody furious
Maggot said:
Shit I forgot about this and as I'm going into hospital on the 20th, I won't be able to do one this month. Does someone else wanna do one, or does DBD want to swap?
Oh! Wow!!! There's always the Sewerage Pipe walk. Can I be arsed? Can I fuck! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
William of Walworth said:
Was the proposed date for the July walk Saturday 22nd, or Saturday 29th July??

Fraid I can't make either, I'm at Festivals both times ... (Ashton Court the 22nd and WOMAD the 29th).
If you can't make either, why does it matter?

William of Walworth

Festographer
Maggot said:
If you can't make either, why does it matter?
Is it that difficult to answer? :( :confused:

What if I end up not going to Ashton Court for any reason? My trip to Bristol may perhaps fall through, it's a possibility. That's why I wanted to know. Sorry I didn't spell that out :rolleyes:

dynamicbaddog

Maggot said:
O.K Maggot I'll swap, it will a slightly diffrent than I orginally planned though, still on the Green Chain but a different part of it:)

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
dynamicbaddog said:
O.K Maggot I'll swap, it will a slightly diffrent than I orginally planned though, still on the Green Chain but a different part of it:)
Cool!

What date are you gonna do it?

Maggot

The Cake of Liberty
So at the moment it looks like this.

August
Maggot
Something South

September

Editor
Ruislip Lido

Any offers for the Autumn?

zora

true to the crab
An interesting question.

Maggot suggested I pencil myself in on this thread in an orderly fashion and don't just go round posting up last minute invitations.;)

So maybe I should. Could do Feb or March, one of the Capital Ring walks, either Crystal Palace - Streatham, or Streatham - Wimbledon.

mango5

Endeavour era
2008!

Bumpety Bump in honour of some upcoming walks complete with FACTS from yesteryear :cool:

April: toblerone3 King's Cross Walk - Sat 20th

May: mango5 Camberwell (thread to be posted) Sat 17th

June: boohoo??? Brixton Murals date tba

July-December ready for the taking :)

Anyone?

toblerone3

Grrrrr
I can't remember who it was but someone suggested a Thames Estuary walk involving bank-to-bank action and mad ferry manouverings. :cool:

Whoever that was they should be encouraged to suggest a date. But who was it? :confused:

zora

true to the crab
Can I provisionally pencil in Tooting walk and picnic for July on Iemanja's behalf?

(will point her in direction of this thread to confirm :))