Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who wants to organise a London Walk?

mango5

Endeavour era
I hear the Feb one might be in March... I might be able to swap and do the Feb one at the end of the month, or schedule the March one late in the month so we can be back on track for April. Over to you, han :)

paolo

mango5 said:
I hear the Feb one might be in March... I might be able to swap and do the Feb one at the end of the month, or schedule the March one late in the month so we can be back on track for April. Over to you, han :)
I'm still up for the "Walworth, Southwark and Bermondsey" one... whenever that might be. :)

han

brixton hill hobbit
She told me to do it...she is in control of my bwrain....

Maggot - what happened to you on Saturday? We were supposed to be meeting inthe pub and you didn't turn up...or even ring me the next day....I felt like I'd been stood up! :( *sob*

nah, it's alright.. :D

mango5

Endeavour era
han said:
She told me to do it...she is in control of my bwrain....
That's not true. She begged me and offered special favours to do it in March. No need though. Not my decision and I'm easy ;)

onemonkey

winmonkey
i'll be there..

i want to organise a walk later in the year so in the meantime I think i better start coming on the walks.

mango5

Endeavour era
How about 25th March for the Walworth, Southwark and Bermondsey walk? 3 great pubs and plenty of hidden Lunnon gems :cool:

paolo

mango5 said:
How about 25th March for the Walworth, Southwark and Bermondsey walk? 3 great pubs and plenty of hidden Lunnon gems :cool:
Mango - thanks for inviting me on a dry run on of the first part of the walk today.

For potential walkers, I think can guarantee there are some great pubs, and a quite a few little "secret" things that I'd never discovered in my time walking the neighbourhood. Just one of which I'll lay claim to cos' I decided we should go in and have a look. All will be revealed. :)

mango5

Endeavour era
Well, according to the gentlemen loitering round the back it's 'mental', but the building entrance (the bit we were interested in) was fot a maternity hospital. Was probably a workhouse or summat before then. Layers of history/herstory innit :cool:

Rollem

two kinds of wonderful
i know i always say this, but can i be put down as a maybe (with a maybe baby in tow too :D)

dynamicbaddog

Maggot said:
The latest schedule looks like this:

January
Editor
Ruislip Lido

February
Han and Jan
quirky walk

March
Mango5
Central London

April
Liberty
???

May
Hollis
London

June
Cloo
Wimbledon

July
Maggot
Hidden Gems
I would'nt mind organising a leisurely stroll for August.
following the green chain route from Beckenham Place Park to Crystal Palace.

zora

true to the crab
editor said:
Can I have Sept for the Ruislip Lido ramble Mk II?
Do you have any more info/thoughts on dates etc for your planned walking weekend in wales, btw? Which I'd love to come to but the early summer weekends are booking up very quickly with visitors coming for my birthday and the run-up to Italy etc; if I had an idea when it is I could work round it better. :)