who should your club buy and sell?

Discussion in 'football' started by kained&able, Jun 2, 2005.

1. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Density of Sound

:D
    Aah - see t'other thread - (and I make it 6 wins in the Marsden to your 5 - hence we are the best!!) ;)

I wouldn't want balsawood boy if he was the only fit striker (a term one can't really use to describe his unique ability of touching the ball ocaisionally, mostly passing sideways and getting brushed of the ball) in the country. I believe Smith is held in equally high esteem by denizens of the Town End, not having seen him play I can't comment.
    Lynch isn't actually shit as such. He's just the biggest non-entity I've ever seen on a football pitch. I don't remember him doing anything remotely threatening in the three months he was with us. Apparantly much the same at Deepdale according to my PNE contacts.

2. NoCoolNickname

NoCoolNickname New Member

Biggest impact Lynch ever made in a game was when he came on and promptly got sent back off again with his first (rather nasty, two-footed) tackle. Good riddance.

Smith is shite, but at least he tries. Has been booed by the Town End when he's come on as a sub which seems a bit harsh to me (not his fault he's shit really is it). He's never really been given a proper chance. He scored an own goal, but that was when Brown was in change and he was brought on as a right back, despite the fact we had a perfectly good right sided player on the bench. Did us a favour to be honest by accellerating Brown's sacking.

PNE and t'lashers taking over! :D

3. tangerinedream

You looking for any signings? I would have thought given you splashed out a bit when Davies took over you'll be keeping things pretty much the same. Most important player you have I reckon is Cresswell. When he's playing well you always seem to do so as well. Although from what I've heard you'll struggle to keep Lewis and Mulwheny (no idea how to spell it!) - I hope you keep em' to be honest. You'll be up there again if you can keep that team and that spirit you had this year.

I'm pretty happy so far - we've kept hold of Coid, Wellens, Murphy, Parker, Evans, Clarke, Southern - these are all good players - test is can Colin bring in the right players to compliment them? 7 players won't get you anywhere....
    BTW Rob Edwards has been a revelation in the second half of the year. He was awful, dire, slow, past it, useless at left back and Hendry was forced to play him at centre half when we literally had no one else. Since then he's hardly ever been out the team and picked up quite a few (deserved) Motm awards.

4. NoCoolNickname

The description of Edwards sounds about right. He seemed to do alright for us but I'm not quite sure how, as he wasn't actually ever any good.

Apparently Lewis is now staying and will sign a new contract, although he's taking his time about it.

Cresswell scores goals and works hard, but is a strange player. There can't be many strikers that score 20+ goals in a season and still have fans on their back. I'm like him, but wouldn't say he is a particulary important player.

Nugent has been amazing. Apparently Portsmouth are sniffing around. Hopefully we'll keep him for at least a full season. A future England striker? Probably not, but close.

Mawene is also amazing, but I think we'll be able to keep hold of him.

Rumours of McKenna going to Wigan. Hope not. He really is one of our important players. When he is shit, we are shit.

Billy Davies has said we are looking to sign 4 players. My guess would be a left winger as cover for Lewis, a central midfielder (Etuhu is not good enough cover), a right winger and a striker.

5. tangerinedream

Nugent has been amazing, I'll bet he flounders a bit next year though. If he did go to portsmouth what price Fuller being part of the deal. He's not done much there.
    Cresswell seems like Murphy to me. He never seems to get the recognition he deserves. I hope no one goes to Wigan and the ground implodes.

Where do you get all that money from :confused: *Remembers John Macken* :D

I'll tell Colin to keep away from the bins outside yr place then. No cast offs to be had there. Mind you, Colin wouldn't say a bad word against Lynch. He kept saying something about 'holding the ball up well' Usually this was in games where we hadn't scored...............
    Don't think he'll go in for him. He generally won't slag players off in public and tries to say nice things. Unlike Macca!

6. NoCoolNickname

How does Marlon Broomes sound to you?

7. tangerinedream

Don't need defenders. Honestly. We let Rob Clare go - We are as sound at the back as we've been for ages and ages. Cover in every position. We needs wingers and a few of them. Or at least wide players cos I don't see Col wanting proper wingers. They're a bit exciting!

8. gerard needs to stay otherwise the squad loses some of it's cataln base.
    Albertini, apparently he's going to be getting some coaching role.

Buy:
    Torres. highly highly over-rated.
    need another keeper, Valdes isn't that good, he's certainly no Casillas.

We need to buy another centre mid to free young ivan up and another striker who is able to stay on his feet slightly more than tamudo. another central efender would be nice, and maybe a left back, olivier bernard....

newcastle need to sign a new manager.

9. Sorry.

Sorry. give it a rest

looks like we're signing Nicky Forster. Decent move I reckon, we've got a few youngsters ready to push for the first team (first and foremost Dean Bowditch); if we keep Kuqi, we've got a couple of experienced pros to lead the line.

10. Stavrogin

Stavrogin Flipped out Ninja looter

There was another crazy rumour I read somewhere - Spurs would take FErdinand and Noble in exchange for Sean Davis and Calumn Davernport and £3 Mill-yon

The give away was that it claimed the deal was done regardless of WH getting promotion - Davis wouldn't drop down a divison...

Who makes these up? But Edgar Davids to the Irons? .... banker ;)

11. kained&able

kained&able Here for the football.

the rumour i'm worried about is repka being offered another contract.

that is a scary scary prospect, also heard some bollocks about us signing boywer after he did such a good job the last time.

dave

12. upsidedownwalrus

upsidedownwalrus RIP R.I.P.

Yeah Boywer was shit then wasn't he. I thought he would help us battle our way out of relegation but he did fuck all.

13. tommers

tommers Your disco needs you

yeah i think that's true. i like it. :)