Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by brogdale, Dec 7, 2018.

?

Who is going to win the 2018/2019 Tory Leadership election?

1. Dominic Raab

5.1%
  2. Boris Johnson

8.5%
  3. Michael Gove

13.6%
  4. Sajid Javid

18.6%
  5. Jacob Rees Mogg

8.5%
  6. Jeremy Hunt

22.0%
  7. David Davis

1.7%
  8. Amber Rudd

11.9%
  9. Penny Mordaunt

1.7%
  10. Andrea Leadsom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Geoffrey Cox

1.7%
  12. Other (please post name in thread)

6.8%
  1. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

Back by popular demand; this year's tory leadership election poll!

Assuming that May does wield the revolver and do the decent thing at some stage in the coming month...who will win the glittering prize?

The names listed are those offered by William Hill on 07/12/18 ordered by price at time.

If you do go for the 'other' option please try to post in thread the name & reasoning for your suggestion :)

I don't gamble, but if I were to put any actual £ on this, I think I'd go for Hunt as another 'centrist' (by tory standards) candidate of 'unity'.

A380, gentlegreen and Sprocket. like this.
  2. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Petty Vagrant.

In my befuddled head I could always see (Sir) Graham Brady as a future leader, he comes over as principled, well respected and the media appears to like and listen to him. Whether he is primed at the moment I’m not sure. But I also suspect many of the Westminster Tories are glad Ruth Davidson is not a sitting Westminster MP.

3. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Shouldn't there be an option for 2 leaders for the post-split conservatives, one pro-Brexit party, one Remainer?

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

principled? a tory, principled?

5. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

Bizarre that Raab is favourite. I don't think that would stand up to an actual leadership campaign.

If they've any sense they'll elect Gove. They don't though, so probably some fucking idiot.

brogdale and kebabking like this.
  6. Teaboy

Teaboy It definitely looks brighter over there..

No Theresa May option?

She doesn't seem keen on giving her job up quite yet. If its a leadership challenge she'd stand for reelection I reckon.

7. Teaboy

Gove is probably the least worse I reckon. Still dreadful but he doesn't seem to be a total headbanger.

8. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Petty Vagrant.

Only in as much as he resigned because they dropped pushing grammar schools. Not toadyism to the front bench like some do.
    Like those toads from the back benches that lick the PMs arse at PMQs.
    Asking weasel questions to try and get on the ministry ladder, snakes the lot of them!

Duncan2 and Pickman's model like this.
  9. Pickman's model

where's st patrick when you need him? he could do for britain what he so famously did for ireland

10. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Petty Vagrant.

I admit I feel a little strange getting a like from Pickman's model for a post raising a tory’s profile. :eek:

Pickman's model likes this.
  11. Pickman's model

:D

Sprocket. likes this.
  12. brogdale

Get a fucking grip, you lot.

;)

Libertad, tim, Dom Traynor and 4 others like this.
  13. Pickman's model

rather than have a vote they should force the candidates to complete the grand national course. then we'd see who really had it in them, before shipping them to the venice of the south atlantic.

14. brogdale

more like it.

15. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Petty Vagrant.

From the above list though I’d expect Hunt and the reputation damaged Gove to be top choices. Though none should be considered leader material.

16. Pickman's model

someone i know once worked in a medical library, through which various body parts were brought to a laboratory where they were sliced up by medical students. the organs and that were always referred to as 'the material'. i look forward to the day when the potential tory leadership candidates are 'the material'.

17. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Petty Vagrant.

That will be the first time the Tories actually help the NHS!

18. brogdale

Like that punt; some fucking idiot :thumbs:

likesfish likes this.
  19. Teaboy

One of the things that has come out of this Brexit chaos is that it has shown up how little support the likes of Rees Mogg and the other headbangers actually have, amongst the PCP anyway.

brogdale likes this.
  20. brogdale

The selectorate.
    The geriatric membership only get the choice of the two chosen by the PCP...and that's only if they don't anoint a new leader unopposed again.

21. MickiQ

MickiQ Well-Known Member

Gove is probably the most capable but I reckon Hunt followed by Raab are the most likely, I think BoJo is a no-hoper, he's probably more popular with the voters than the others but not with his fellow MP's
    I'm slightly disturbed by the odds on Mogg the Merciless.

22. Teaboy

It still amazes me that Leadsom stood last time around and will be among the contenders again, fucking bizarre. She's like an even shitter Christine Hamilton.

23. brogdale

They can't choose a true believer; they'll need a proper snake-oil salesman like Hunt who can attempt to explain to the masses why they could never get what they were promised.

likesfish, kebabking and Sprocket. like this.
  24. killer b

killer b Nostrofuckingdamus

Leadsom was only in the running last time because no-one knew who she was. She's been in cabinet ever since, and has been... underwhelming to say the least. I can't see it this time round.

Sasaferrato and Teaboy like this.
  25. Sprocket.

Sprocket. Petty Vagrant.

See them hauling a huge gondola full of their broken promises overland from Goose Green to Port Stanley in a shite remake of Fitzcarraldo.

26. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

Surely that should be a Glorious post-Brexit celebration of Shackleton - where they drag a boat full of building materials over the mountains of South Georgia?

In the winter.

With no clothes on.

Wearing crampons turned upside down.

27. likesfish

likesfish officaly hardest and most tooled up urbanite:)

south Georgia please it mountainous goose green mostly flat or belize jungles are really really shit

A380 and Sprocket. like this.
  28. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

Skeletor

Libertad and brogdale like this.
  29. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank We kill the flame

I voted for Rudd but I don't know why.

They're all terrible candidates but so was May.

30. The Pale King

The Pale King Well-Known Member

Lot of money behind Rudd, but surely a chance she will lose Hastings at the next election.

William of Walworth likes this.