Whitchurch High School production line - Gareth Bale, Sam Warburton and now Geraint Thomas

Discussion in 'general sports' started by 1927, Oct 12, 2011.

1. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

No doubt there is a public school that has probably produced a better group of sportsmen, but can any comprehensive school in the land compete with the current crop of Whitchurch FP's?

Gareth Bale and Sam Warburton were in the very same class in school, and Gearint Thomas only a couple of years ahead of them.

2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

It's a fucking huge school - the largest in Wales, the largest in Britain and the second largest in Europe with 2400 pupils.
    I was also good enough to be a regular in its football team but, alas, success was not to follow.

3. 1927

1927 Funnier than he thinks he is.

Because of the geography I did have a hunch it was probably where you attended editor. Along with a host of other 'lost' urbanites including Rubber Bucaneer, Gentleman Jim and their clan.

4. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

And guess where Tour de France winner Geraint Thomas is from? My old school!

I like the sound of the PE teacher at Whitchurch too:

Children should be taught how to win and lose, says teacher behind three of Britain’s best sportsmen (cant read the rest because of the paywall)

5. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator