Where's cheapest for a family friendly all inclusive?

Discussion in 'travel and world' started by ringo, Jul 9, 2019.

1. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

I've been avoiding Turkey all my life for this reason. But the way I feel now, medically, I feel I'd like to visit without giving support to the regime if possible.

Right up my street. Thank you.

Magnus McGinty likes this.
  2. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Trust me, I know just what you're saying. I'd say don't fly Turkish Airlines (which is government backed), you can't avoid paying to get your visa, but once you're there, go and support local, independent, family run businesses. And thankfully there are scores of them. I've been in the UK for four weeks now, and am missing the produce and breakfasts there. And the prices. Quite acceptable to sit in a lovely tea garden and just drink glasses of tea all afternoon.

Grace Johnson and planetgeli like this.
  3. mx wcfc

mx wcfc Well-Known Member

We did all inclusive in Turkey - it was a good enough hotel etc. Half the local bars & restaurants had gone out of business, but hey ho. Not sure I'd go there atm.
    We also did all inclusive in Greece (Corfu). Think Butlin's, with free beer in plastic glasses. Piss poor frankly. We grumbled to the tour rep and were told that "piss poor" is four star in Greece.

If you are happy going as far as Turkey, have a look at North Africa. Tunisia and Morocco were OK.

Spymaster likes this.
  4. not-bono-ever

not-bono-ever Alles hat ein Ende nur eine Wurst hat zwei

For value:

bulgaria
    egypt
    turkey

egypt is compound resorts, Bulgaria is a fantastic country but the resorts not that special. Turkey is having a hard time atm but still caters well for AI and is gorgeous to look at. all will be silly hot in them though, egypt is about 40c and up during the summer.

greece is horrendously expensive if you have a family I find- may not be an issue if you are AI of course

5. moomoo

moomoo Not so yummy mummy

I really like Majorca.

6. Bahnhof Strasse

Bahnhof Strasse A-wob a-bob bob

I wouldn't go all inclusive anywhere in Europe, even upmarket efforts skimp on the food and especially the booze. Only really worthwhile in the Caribbean, which is where they started and the reason for that is that booze is very lightly taxed in most Caribbean countries.

planetgeli likes this.
  7. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Looking at Croatia at the mo...

8. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Incredibly hot, and I mean hot.

ringo likes this.
  9. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Went for Turkey in the end, Sarigerme in the Dalaman area.

10. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

The beach there is lovely. You’re also really close to the airport, so a quick transfer. If you get bored at the hotel, you could take a trip to Dalyan.
    Have a nice holiday.