1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to eat in Liverpool

Discussion in 'Midlands and the North' started by moonsi til, Sep 16, 2017.

1. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

I'm going to Liverpool next weekend for the Psych Fest & looking where to eat. On the Thursday we are able to go wherever but Fri & Sat looking for places close to The Dolby Hotel & Baltic Triangle.

Plan would have been dinner at Vinea but sadly that has closed. Ideally looking for veggie or veggie friendly and places for breakfast please.

2. friedaweed

friedaweed Branded as a fool

Plenty of places on Bold Street. I'm not up on veggie food places but I know the lebanese place does plenty of vegy looking stuff. It's nice in there. :thumbs:

3. lazythursday

lazythursday Well-Known Member

Last time I was in Liverpool I enjoyed eating in The Egg (basic but good value and nice atmosphere) - nearish to Lime St station. Good place for breakfast / lunch rather than evening I think.

Ming likes this.
  4. Calamity1971

Calamity1971 If Mr Peanut says It's okay, then it is.

@moonsi till.
    Definitely the egg as LT says. I go everytime I'm home. Only been for lunch though so not sure about breakfasts. There's a few up bold street that do veg/vegan. The Kasbah and love thy neighbour. Don't get near the Albert dock for food. Tourist rip off prices.
    This is my favourite place in Liverpool, about ten mins away by car.
    Lark Lane.

Greendays Cafe

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  5. moonsi til

Fab , will most likely go to The Egg on the Thursday. A few years ago I found a great breakfast place (modern, exposed brick, industrial lighting type place) but can't recall what it was. Had a lovely bircher museli there.

6. Fez909

Fez909 toilet expert

Went to a nice Japanese restaurant a few weeks ago called Etsu. They had some veggie/vegan options.

Not the cheapest, though.

7. bemused

bemused Well-Known Member

moonsi til likes this.
  8. moonsi til

Loved reading Mowgli menu.

9. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

I had a great lunch in the Baltic bakehouse last time i was round there - a very sandwich based menu, but real nice ingredients. The cakes and coffee were lush too.

10. moonsi til

Thank you went here last night. I live where mighty fine Indian food is easy to have so wouldn't usually choose Indian elsewhere as a first choice but this menu sounded so good.

There were 4 of us, one had the meat tiffin which were surprise curries of I think lamb, chicken & tea steeped chickpeas. 2 folk had the prawn dish & I had the paneer & shared the the rhubarb & ginger Dahl. We had roti, rice & 2 bottles of red. Bill was £83 which seemed great value.

All the food was delicious, the restaurant itself was lovely inside and the staff very friendly.

bemused likes this.
  11. Red Cat

Red Cat Well-Known Member

I always go to the Egg too.

Googling baltic triangle comes up with some nice looking places. Liverpool has always been great for cafes.

12. moonsi til

Calamity1971, sojourner and Red Cat like this.
  13. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

Love Thy Neighbour in Bold St's pretty nice.

14. killer b

killer b Ennui Rollins

I have just won a ticket for the psych fest tonight moonsi til, see you there!

moonsi til likes this.
  15. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg A powerhouse of a human and cannot be silenced Enforced Holiday

Going to Liverpool tomorrow with my teenage daughter. She's already asked if we can go to fucking Nando's.

I truly despise Liverpool One, so I'll be dragging her up Bold St.

16. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg A powerhouse of a human and cannot be silenced Enforced Holiday

Nice to read about the Baltic Triangle, seems like the Liverpool I remember. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

17. moonsi til

mwgdrwg take her to the Baltic Social Market (think that's what it is called , across from Ryde cafe). Loads of choice of food including rolled ice-cream & ghandi floss! I hope to get back there this weekend. Had a ginger shot there earlier.

18. moonsi til

So I didn't make it to The Egg cafe sadly but did go Mowgli for dinner on Thursday, Ryde cafe for breakfast on Friday, Baltic Social Market dinner on Friday, The Brunch Cafe on Saturday (brunch with espresso martini), back to Baltic Social Market for dinner on Sat then finished off with breakfast at Baltic Bakehouse.

A good weekend for food.

Thanks all for suggestions.

Calamity1971 likes this.
  19. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Have a look at News From Nowhere. Great long standing radical bookstore.

ETA: (not food obviously). The Egg is great though. It's one of the few places i really miss in Liverpool. It's actually at its best in the evening (candles, poetry slams and stuff).

20. moonsi til

Just discovered there are a few Mowgli with one opening in Birmingham on Oct 16th in Grand Central (train station). Opening has been delayed otherwise I would be going this Thurs as out for lunch in Brum.

21. Calamity1971

Back home in Liverpool for a few days and ate at 'love thy neighbour' on bold street. Lovely food, I had spicey falafel and pacifico beer. Good veg and vegan food and wines.
    Only gripe was the pink lighting, very dark.
    DSC_0318.JPG

22. friedaweed

friedaweed Branded as a fool

We were in Bold Street last night, shopping at Matta's :D

bimble and Calamity1971 like this.
  23. Calamity1971

Walked past they're friedaweed just as it was closing on way to bus stop at the bombed out church.

friedaweed likes this.