1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy 35mm film and maybe cameras

Discussion in 'photography, graphics & art' started by mwgdrwg, Feb 25, 2018.

1. mwgdrwg

mwgdrwg A powerhouse of a human and cannot be silenced

Is there an alternative to fleabay?
  2. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I don't find eBay particularly good for film, though there are a few deals around. I usually buy it online from actual film shops like Silverprint Photographic Supplies, Parallax Photographic Cooperative or Home - Firstcall Photographic Ltd - macodirect DE are good though they ship from Germany and charge in euros so prices can vary by exchange rate.

I do buy most of my film cameras from eBay though. Some camera shops sell them second hand which is usually more expensive but at least you know it's been tested and works. Depends on what you're after really.
    mwgdrwg likes this.
  3. 8115

8115 sitting down is bad for you

mwgdrwg likes this.
  4. FridgeMagnet

FridgeMagnet Administrator

I develop all my colour film with them (though they put their prices up recently :/) but I don’t think I’ve ever bought film on their site, though I’d be happy to if it came to it.

Snappy Snaps is a franchise and some are a lot better than others. The one in Wardour Street is very good for instance but the one in Camden was not great last time I went. It’s a bit of a crapshoot. I only really go to them if I’m doing some sort of photo project that means I want 1-hour prints, or in the case of Wardour Street, if I want to get APS developed.