Where do the old ravers go to dance these days??

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by Carrie Dee, Feb 11, 2018.

1. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

30 yrs of raving, riiiight
    where were you raving in 87/88 then son?

fizzerbird and sealion like this.
  2. souljacker

souljacker A bit of skullduggery

Gromit is actually Pete Waterman.

3. Spod

Spod Well-Known Member

its possible, I didnt start long after that (some of us urbs are old fuckers). An ex-raver mate recently asked if we could take our families to that Big-Fish Little Fish 'family friendly' rave. Personally I cant understand the appeal. Either 'everyones on pills' in which case I dont want my kids around that or 'no-ones on pills' which by my definition is not 'a rave'. In any event, I heard the organiser being interviewed on 6Music and it sounds too posh trendy twattish for me.

4. Gromit

Gromit International Man of Misery

If you knew anything about rave's history you'd already know the answer to that.

So piss off and go comment about something you actually know something about as it's clear you know fuck all about rave.

5. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

i know it's possible, i also know gromit is lying

6. cantsin

cantsin Well-Known Member

you should probably quit while you're behind here matey boy

7. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

I know plenty about rave history thanks
    do you keep forgetting i've been unfortunate to fucking meet you ffs? and had to listen to you wittering on
    you are so full of shit it's laughable

fizzerbird likes this.
  8. cantsin

cmon, share the love, where were you in , uh , 92' ?

9. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

Nothing he says is true. He isn't even a tube driver. Proper Billy Bullshit Elevenerife Pants-Over-Keks Superfantasist

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  10. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

That is amazing :D

11. Gromit

92?
    Jenkins Lane a fair bit.

12. Gromit

I'm in two minds about it.
    It looks to me that they've chosen to include someone on the autisic spectrum to compete in their DJ'ing competition just so they could make fun of them.
    Something X-factor was heavily critised for doing. Deliberate exploitation of the deluded for entertainment.

It's not even a EDM event but a gamer's event. He's misjudged his audience's tastes.
    So okay he has the charisma of a damp dishrag but the music wasn't half bad.
    I'd have danced to it if I hadn't of been mesmerized by his l33t arm skillz.

13. cantsin

on all sorts of levels - though when you when work out it's a gamers / (etc etc ) event , at least starts to make more sense - sh*t can often get weird when subsets of that world party it seems

[/MEDIA]

discokermit and Enviro like this.
  14. Gromit

Check one two lol?!

15. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Im in one mind....standing behind a laptop and playing shit music should, in a sane world, only ever go down that way.

discokermit and Orang Utan like this.
  16. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

Of all the people to say that too :D

fizzerbird and Orang Utan like this.
  17. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

Tri annual squat party is all I get atm so I make the most of it :p

Gromit you need some proper trance in your life. I don't mind cheese on a long car journey but then again I listen to Magic fm if I have too

:D:D:D:D:D:D Pure psychedelic music :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

18. Gromit

Here is a list of the 15 awards he's won and 42 nominations received;
    List of awards and nominations received by deadmau5 - Wikipedia

He's sold out Victoria Park and even more impressively Earls Court.

What's on your CV Steph?
    Other than in a couple of gigs in the Albert coz you know the promoter?
    Hell even I've done better than you when I had my own two hour slot on the Radio.

Fuck off Steph. Come back when you are someone.

19. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

you want to fucking stop this right now!! :eek:
    don't be slagging off people you know nothing about and making wild assumptions
    you're as cheesy as your music "tastes", fuck the fuck right off you lying shithead troll boy

sojourner, Yossarian, cantsin and 4 others like this.
  20. Gromit

Pot, kettle, black.

And don't give me that you know me because you briefly met me bullshit. Most of the time you were asleep as you smoked too much weed. I hardly even spoke to you.
    Too much weed causes paranoia and memory loss doesn't it?

I'd love to hear your detail of what I bullshitted about when I met you because I can't imagine what it was.

Of all the conversations from that time I can remember are:
    Fizzebird and Bombscare - Cardiff Clarkes pies vrs Bristol Clarkes pies, Rissoles, Monster Trucks, Crossing the Severn Bridge without toll money deliberately so that when you were sent back you'd traveled the bridge twice for free, why Bombscare chose his name (to fuck off GCHQ).
    xenon - technology. Especially iPhones. I apologize again for being a klutz about the fact you asked to 'see' my iPhone.
    1927 - Cardiff City mainly
    softybabe - stuff about London
    Editor - Cardiff city and the server fund
    You - nope can't remember a single topic. Though I do remember your sullen face (you probably didn't even know you were doing it) whenever anyone asked for a toke on your joint. You never refused but sulked a little each time.

21. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

how so?

22. sealion

Where have you played then ?

23. Gromit

Two hour weekly radio show on a South Wales radio show. I'm no Deadmau5 but I don't pretend to be superior. He's a god and I'm nothing in comparison.

24. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

:D :D :D what a fucking joke
    you gave it large on a number of things you clearly knew nothing about, you're a fucking townie twat, look at your desperation ffs
    if and when i had weed i was happy to share it with other urbs

25. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

hospital radio was it marius? poor captive audience

26. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

but you're bigging yourself up and calling Steph crap with absolutely no evidence!!
    you owe them an apology

when you can do anything remotely near this, come back, otherwise shut the fuck up

Urbanites DJ Mixes
    Urbanites DJ Mixes

27. sealion

So no clubs or in front of a crowd ?

28. Gromit

Nope. Not even a mobile disco at a wedding.

But then I'm not the one of the ones insisting that ooh others know better cause they're in the biz. Allbeit about as famous as a my grandmother's corgi.

29. sealion

Thought not.

30. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

:D

I didn't realise being 'someone' or 'having a CV' (lol) was important. I'm more than happy though with having played out at various underground nights over the years - passing thru hardcore > jungle/d'n'b > garage scenes, having held down the occasional slot on a London pirate, but most of all just being very fortunate through mates to have been around some of the key players and moments in those scenes over the years - in the studio when tunes were being made, lucky enough to have contacts to get access to cutting plates, etc. People on here, who know the ku, know :)