Whats Your Favourite Coldplay Song?

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by akirajoel, Nov 21, 2005.

?

Options

1. Yellow

16.1%
  2. Clocks

12.9%
  3. Silver

3.2%
  4. Don't Panic

3.2%
  5. The Scientist

9.7%
  6. Speed Of Sound

6.5%
  7. Fix You

3.2%
  8. God Put A Smile On Your Face

12.9%
  9. Trouble

6.5%
  10. In My Place

6.5%
  11. Talk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other (Please State)

19.4%
  1. akirajoel

akirajoel well read

2. poului

poului a bit overrated

4564e54

Why are you asking this???

3. icepick

icepick Well-Known Member

On holiday in Italy, all the music on the radio was so terrible, that once when a Coldplay song went on we were really happy! :eek: :oops:

That was Trouble, IIRC, and is the only coldplay track with any kind of positive association in my mind. So er I guess that.

4. akirajoel

akirajoel well read

Curiousity.

5. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

BIN/BAN :mad:

6. poului

poului a bit overrated

5re6d4w534

well, "Green Eyes" works reasonably as a song to cover at an open-mike night.

That's it.

7. bluestreak

bluestreak HomosexualityIsStalin’sAtomBombtoDestroyAmerica

no option for "i'd rather have angry wasps trapped in my head forever than listen to that trite turgid shite for a single second of my life" :confused:

8. akirajoel

akirajoel well read

I've voted for Clocks. :)

9. icepick

Slagging off Coldplay - way too easy.

Saying what's your favourite track? Now that takes cojones :cool:

10. akirajoel

akirajoel well read

11. poului

poului a bit overrated

ha ha ha, icepick likes Trouble.

Let's point and laugh.

Ho ho.

:p

12. Dubversion

Dubversion Gorn Enforced Holiday

if all i'd ever heard by them was Trouble, i'd think "well it's not my cup of tea but it's alright". unfortunately, it's decidedly NOT all i've heard by them so the best i can say is "at leas they're better than fucking Keane".

so i guess that makes Trouble my favourite, in a perverse kind of way

13. Wide Eyed Angel

Wide Eyed Angel Forgeddaboudit!

i voted for 'fix you', which i thought was out of tune shite at first but now because it has memories/meaning attached it's been worryingly promoted to the point that i bought it.

14. akirajoel

akirajoel well read

There was a review of something at some point that pointed out the loss of political aggression in popular guitar music and how we had evolved from the Manics and Radiohead with their disgust at everything to Chris Martin warbling "I never meant to cause you trouble." Made me laugh at the time.

Thing is with Coldplay is that they always have so much bland production on all of their albums that it muffles any excitment that their songs might have. Thats why I voted Clocks - coz its one of their only songs that sounds really good really loud.

15. electrogirl

electrogirl dignity is overrated

Shiver is the best Coldplay song they've ever written. Clocks is the worst.

16. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

I quite like Yellow - I like the slightly dischordant guitar in it - just stops it being too smooth and easy like the rest of their stuff - I'd echo what Dub said in that if they'd just stopped there I would have thought they were ok-ish - nothing special but bearable. As it is they've just go on and on and on ....

17. rorymac

rorymac Well-Known Member

Daylight

18. icepick

We are not impressed, poului...

19. eddiecurry

eddiecurry united colors of ping

Agree fully with this, Shiver is outstanding. Brothers and Sisters is a close second. To me that song has "atmospheric jangly indie and no sales" stamped all over it and I think when it came out (1998?) that was a fair assessment. Funny how things turn out. Not been overly impressed with anything since Shiver but good luck to the boys, I'd rather give my spare cash to them than Madonna or Westlife.

20. Stigmata

Stigmata sexual tyrannosaurus

I like 'Swallowed In the Sea', but then I have no discernable musical taste. :cool:

21. holteman

holteman ( . Y . )

about one of them is tolerable but thats mainly cause it reminds me of a bird....in fact id rather it didnt so no i hate them all

22. poului

poului a bit overrated

[​IMG]

23. milesy

milesy New Member

there's quite a few that i like, and i can't really decide which of them i like best.

24. undercover

undercover Chopping up Armadillos

Not a big fan, and I agree with the "same old same old" comments, but "Amsterdam", the last track on rush of blood etc is truly a moving song in my opinion.

25. Callie

Callie Pivoting

Shiver, don't really like any of their newer stuff. I find it all a bit dull. But i do like shiver :)

26. Lava

Lava post-Kyoto mofo

Shiver was pretty good, Yellow was decent, everything else I've heard by them has been toss.

27. akirajoel

akirajoel well read

Hmmmm... There doesnt seem to be a 'Shiver' on the poll.....

Only a song called 'Silver'.

Funny. Never heard of that one before.

28. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

i like clocks too.
    i thought the first two albums were great, but over-exposure has dulled the sheen quite a bit. i used to think the scientist was a beautiful song - now, it's just that song yet again. in my place feels banal. i don't like the two singles from the latest album at all. which is a shame.

clocks is great though. and i still think coldplay do have their moments.

29. clandestino

clandestino no llevar papel

everything's not lost is good too.

30. Callie

Callie Pivoting

cos your poll is crap innit :p