What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

2. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

I've just had an ice cream in bed for puddo :oops:

3. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Cauliflower couscous (with chilli oil, seeds, spring onions, red & yellow pepper) with chilli & garlic prawns.

4. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Pasta thing with stuff. It was fine.

5. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

0567896C-13BF-4183-A69F-F2D2FE8C8F5E.jpeg
    Turkish Airlines meal. This was just the starter!

6. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Seagulls and wasps are brilliant!

Shut it. :mad:

neonwilderness likes this.
  7. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

Look at the teeny salt and pepper! :D

miss direct likes this.
  8. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

There’s also a tiny olive oil bottle, which I took :)

9. Hellsbells

Hellsbells World's best procrastinator

What was the main? And desert?

10. Pickman's model

Pickman's model One star in sight

11. miss direct

miss direct misfungled

Fruit salad - you can see it in the picture. Ages ago, I had ticked the box for "low calorie meal choice" and forgotten about it - was really exciting to get king prawns. The main course was plain white fish, boiled potatoes and steamed vegetables. Not so exciting, especially when I saw that the other people got salmon. :( :)

12. farmerbarleymow

Box of fruit jellies. They contain 7% fruit juice to that's one of my five a day.

moose and Opera Buffa like this.
  13. Virtual Blue

Virtual Blue ready

a bowl of salad and falafels.
    4 egg whites.
    protein shake.

14. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Half a cheapo margherita pizza, green olives, salad. Will stuff me face with crisps whenever we get home from the gig.

15. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Last night was pizza in London Fields before my old friend's wake/memorial session. London Fields has got a bit posh since I last went there, but hasn't everywhere. My pizza had tuscan sausage, pickled peppers, egg and scomorza on it.

Tonight will be curry.

Rebelda likes this.
  16. BoatieBird

BoatieBird Well-Known Member

Last night was chilli con carne.

Tonight we're going out with friends for tapas.
    There'll be 6 of us so we should be able to order a decent selection between us.

May Kasahara likes this.
  17. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Vegan pie with ‘cheese topping’ , made by a friend - purchased as it’s his business. This is new on the menu. Will have sugar snap peas, carrots & some other beans/peas that another friend gifted from their allotment. I see black beans in there.

Plus gravy. Maybe wine!

18. sojourner

Off to the fella's gig tonight. So we'll be dining on whatever the (probably ONLY) veggie option there is. Mmm. Mystery dinner. Let's take bets on: bean burger, mushroom risotto, boring tomatoey pasta.

19. sojourner

I've just walked past the chippy on the way to the post office, and now I'm really hoping there'll be chips involved tonight.

May Kasahara and neonwilderness like this.
  20. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

I would take a bean burger from that lot.

21. Nine Bob Note

Nine Bob Note Straight for Servalan

Five Cheese Ziti (Olive Garden Style) SECOND ATTEMPT

post-urban75net-food-ziti_olive_garden_20180914-001-italian;pasta;sauce;cheese.jpg

No messing around with the oven this time - gave my new blowtorch a blast. Sauce was waaaay too rich, and it could've done with some breadcrumbs on top.

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  22. kalidarkone

kalidarkone Up to my knees in amniotic fluid

Craving a cheeseburger since walking past one of the theatres at work. I realised shortly after fantasising about having a cheeseburger that it was because I could smell the diathermy being used and burning human flesh. I also realised I'm totally in the right job! :D

23. farmerbarleymow

Pikelets with cheese with seaweed in it.

eta - made three pikelet sandwiches. cheese and spring onions on one pikelet, topped with another cheesy-onion pikelet. Lovely. :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 6:25 PM
    fishfinger and neonwilderness like this.
  24. neonwilderness

neonwilderness What would Badgers do?

Last night was takeaway chicken tikka naan kebab, which was every bit as disgusting/delicious as you can imagine :D

I've got a bolognese in the slow cooker today. So some of that with pasta later and I'll use the rest in the week.

25. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

Venison burger, chips and beans.

26. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Home baked ham...sliced and put in a sandwich with cheese and mustard.
    Jam and cream donut.
    Coffee.

27. moose

moose like some cat from Japan

Lemon/tomato/kale spaghetti. Got blind drunk last night and need some comfort.

28. May Kasahara

May Kasahara thoughts start with a laser sound

We're having chicken wraps tonight - southern fried style chicken for the grown ups, plain for the nippers.

29. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

Since we're going to be moving at some (currently indeterminate :rolleyes: ) point, along with me needing to save every spare penny, I have spent the last few months trying to work my way through the mountains of food I had stockpiled :facepalm:
    This has been simultaneously totally fucking tedious and deeply thrilling :D

I've got rid of a fair load of most of the obvious stuff but I'm left with lots of things which are harder to use up without a bit of commitment to the cause.

Weds we had tandoori pork steaks, coconut dhal (lentils/creamed coconut), onion bhajis (gram flour) and Moroccan flatbreads (semolina flour).

Thurs was a fast day - fish in butter sauce with lots of peas for me and the boy and bonto for the girl - but I also made some cookies and fudgy choc muffins (coconut butter/coconut oil/coconut sugar/coconut fucking flour :rolleyes: :mad: /the LAST of the cocoa...woohoo! /oats/flaked almonds)

Last night was fish finger sarnies with plastic cheese, thousand island type dressing and baby plum tomatoes and beetroot on the side...with some of the cookies - and crisps :thumbs: - for pudding.

Today we made lemon semolina cake (semolina flour, ALL the ground almonds AND the last of the coconut butter and coconut sugar *punches air* ) and sticky toffee pudding - the CAKE bit at least (MOST of the dates, dark treacle, last of the demerara, light muscovado) and custard (cornflour).
    We've just had veggie bol (lentils) and we'll have some of the sticky toffee cake with custard later.

Am I boring you as much as I've been boring myself? :p
    Omg, allow me to share my pain :(

30. killer b

killer b No Hateration, No Holeration. in this Dancery

Game & cider casserole, shredded Savoy cabbage, sourdough bread

Rebelda, ringo, RubyToogood and 7 others like this.