1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's for tea tonight? (#8)

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ringo

ringo Macaroni cheese controller

Sausages were surprisingly good. Also reheated some leftover roast potatoes and stir fried the broccoli in sesame oil, loads of fresh ginger, soy sauce and red wine vinegar. Top dinner

2. blairsh

blairsh hopeless

Some big chicken drumsticks in a spicy marinade and a couple slabs of bread and butter for a butty.

3. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Angry brown femme ^_^

My fish and salad turned put to be smoked salmon, cream cheese, strawberries, some well nice ham and a couple of falafels dipped in baba ganoush. FIT.

4. purenarcotic

purenarcotic Conveniently Pocket Sized

A sophisticated blend of flavours and textures tonight. Fish fingers, potato smileys, beans. Brew on the side.

5. onenameshelley

onenameshelley is Major Morgan's bitch

Continuing my 5 years old palate theme I had chicken in breadcrumbs and seeds, peas and sweet corn and French fries.

6. Maggot

Maggot MES missing message

Hasselback potatoes, shroomdogs and mushy peas.

7. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Freezer foraged spag Bol. The Bol has greatly improved in flavour after some resting time in the freezer :thumbs:

8. Looby

Looby Well-Known Member

Home alone tonight and had no idea what to eat. After wandering aimlessly round Sainsbury and coming home with some yoghurt I had a rubbish slimming world lasagne from the freezer.

9. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Cheese and onion crisps.

farmerbarleymow likes this.
  10. May Kasahara

May Kasahara channelling Lynda Day

Last night I had a peanut butter pitta, a few spoonfuls of boiled egg and half a bowl of porridge.

Really need to defrost the freezer so this week's teas will be on a weird frozen combinations vibe.

11. Thimble Queen

We've still got a load of meats and fruits from last night's sofa picnic so we might have more of that. Fuck cooking tonight :thumbs:

sojourner likes this.
  12. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow daft apeth

Sounds nice, but not so sure about adding strawberries to smoked salmon. :hmm:

Tonight I'll either have spicy wedges or a roasted veg & pesto pizza.

eta - pizza won the day. Lovely with added chilli flakes.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 8:24 PM
    RubyToogood likes this.
  13. Cheesypoof

Cheesypoof Fuck off Noddy

14. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Spinach and ricotta tortellini, in a tomato and mascarpone sauce, with garrrrlic bread and salad.

Mint thins for afters.

15. ringo

Haddock with crushed new potatoes & peas and a lemon, caper and chive dressing.

16. PursuedByBears

PursuedByBears Go stick your head in a pig

Veggie sausages, wholegrain mustard mash, french beans, onion gravy.

17. sojourner

sojourner Where's me readers?

Hmmm. It is absolutely LASHING it down here now, and cold too! Might be on methi dal and brown rice instead :hmm:

18. eatmorecheese

eatmorecheese Rt Hon. Thingummy

Homemade bacon and Gruyere quiche, potato salad and green salad.

19. Thimble Queen

I didn't have them together :D

More of the same today pls some Turkish bread and plums. Yum.

20. moonsi til

moonsi til worked it out now!

Tofu brushed with harissa paste, lots of veggies in stir fry style with noodles & sesame & ground nut oil. Made it last week & it was lush but it needed more veg which we are doing tonight.

May Kasahara and farmerbarleymow like this.
  21. QueenOfGoths

QueenOfGoths Fuck you Dave!

Pasta with a sauce of mushrooms, spinach, low fat cream cheese, mustard and a bit of parmesan. Then some cooked chicken in top.

22. Orang Utan

Orang Utan Sub-Sub-Librarian

23. ringo

Making that again
    [​IMG]

24. onenameshelley

onenameshelley is Major Morgan's bitch

Buttered spaghetti with broccoli. And MrONS had spaghetti with a very garlicky tomato sauce (we have a new micro grater and I got a bit over zealous:D:D) and home made meat balls.

25. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog Well-Known Member

A pretend cheat roast in veggie form

Frozen Yorkshire puddings, peas, beans, cauli, cabbage. Roast spuds, instant gravy.

I made enough for me, the lodger and his mate. They didn't turn up so I did the lot in two sittings. What a greedy fucker :D

I did do some phys this morning so that balances it out a bit........

26. farmerbarleymow

I'm disappointed - I thought you were adventurous. Try strawberries smeared in cream cheese with crumbled falefels, wrapped in ham and smoked salmon next time. :thumbs:

27. farmerbarleymow

It is rude to use less than a whole bulb of garlic when cooking. :cool:

RubyToogood likes this.
  28. Thimble Queen

Well I did wrap the kiri in salmon to make little fishy parcels. While I'm not certain that's particularly adventurous, it was fun :oops:

29. farmerbarleymow

You must try the strawberry-cream cheese-smoked salmon combo and report back. :cool:

RubyToogood and Thimble Queen like this.
  30. Thimble Queen

You know what it sounds like it would be quite nice... the strawberry-cream cheese-smoked salmon part... not with the mashed up falafel sprinkled over it though :D